• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived

Hello ladies, im not sure if I am inspired or feeling worse, I just trawled through this entire thread and I am the OLDEST :blush: without writing five pages I will try to tell my story in brief. I am 44 , have 3 sons aged 24,22 and 19 all from my first marriage, I have been re married for 7years (hubby is 38) we always wanted a baby (he has no children of his own) but have had too much to deal with since we married. The hardest being my middle son suffering severe brain injuries aged 18. Fast forward to now .... had my mirena coil removed last March, it was 7 months until October when I finally had a visit from AF, she hasn't been since. I am going to my GP tomorrow and hope that he is more interested than the one I visited last year who simply took my blood and announced all normal "for my age" which tells me nothing! Im taking preconception vits and folic acid. I am fit and healthy, just had a very stressful and traumatic few years.

Thanks for reading "oldest in town" x x

All the best to you-babydust all the way!

I had two babies over 35. First was 36 then 40 with my son...

Hi ladies - I have already posted previously on this thread - I conceived my DD at 36 and she was born when I was nearly 37... We were very lucky and it happened fairly quickly for us.. Well with the age thing againt us, we decided to try for another baby from January this year... and I got my BFP last week - I will be 38 and a half when this baby is born assuming all goes well.

I am always a bit nervous about posting on here because I appreciate there are so many of you who have been TTC for so long and we have been truly lucky. I think the whole TTC thing is harder when you dont hear any positives though.... sending babydust your way xxxxxx

Hi ladies - I have already posted previously on this thread - I conceived my DD at 36 and she was born when I was nearly 37... We were very lucky and it happened fairly quickly for us.. Well with the age thing againt us, we decided to try for another baby from January this year... and I got my BFP last week - I will be 38 and a half when this baby is born assuming all goes well.

I am always a bit nervous about posting on here because I appreciate there are so many of you who have been TTC for so long and we have been truly lucky. I think the whole TTC thing is harder when you dont hear any positives though.... sending babydust your way xxxxxx

I so agree with you. Lets keep the positive vibes flowing :)

For those worrying about conceiving after 35, I had my last baby at 39 and this one I am 42. Hoping for a good screening at the ultrasound tomorrow. I haven't had any reassurance yet so I am a little nervous.

For those worrying about conceiving after 35, I had my last baby at 39 and this one I am 42. Hoping for a good screening at the ultrasound tomorrow. I haven't had any reassurance yet so I am a little nervous.

It will all be perfect :flower: no need to be nervous, relax and enjoy :baby: the ride!
:hugs:

Keep up with the positives as i dont know about anyone else but i love reading all the success stories as it gives me hope xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck Hun . Fx that it's all good. Sending you :hugs: keep us posted xx

Just want to share: I turned 36 in November and will deliver in June. I had my tubes tied 14 years ago and reversed last May. Advanced maternal age...I don't feel old! I've always been the young mom, my daughter is 19 and I have two boys 14 and 17. My man has a 7 year old son. I was not sure if I would even get pregnant but I am so happy I did. We are planning to have another one right away. We are expecting a baby boy and would love to add a girl to the family. My man is turning 31 on Saturday..I can't believe I'll be 37 this year! I feel healthy and young and am inspired by many of the celebrity moms having babies in their late 30's and early 40's. There is definitely a hollywood baby boom right now. Best wishes to all!

Hello all!

We had our first scan today at 12w1d and got to see the one (thankfully) bouncing little baby in there! Our NT numbers were really good (1.0) and everything looked good. I finally started calling my family members today. Some of them have actually been happy for us.

Hello all!

We had our first scan today at 12w1d and got to see the one (thankfully) bouncing little baby in there! Our NT numbers were really good (1.0) and everything looked good. I finally started calling my family members today. Some of them have actually been happy for us.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats and the good report!

Hello ladies
Thought I'd post as I did read the TTC forums before my :bfp: and got good advice. I was 37 when I conceived last year after 3 months of trying - and so now am 38 and the baby :pink: is due in July :)

BTW, the things I did that I believe helped me was decaf green tea, starflower oil, eating healthily, praying! and to not mention when I was ovulating to my DH (fantastic way to kill a romantic mood). I used ovulation sticks and also sort of knew my chart.

Baby dust to you all :dust:

To give ppl hope I was 34 when conceived first DS and that was on first cycle of TTC and my second DS was conceived when I was 36 after 3 mths TTC and now I am TTC #3 At 37 and now been 6 mths xx

Hi, I'm 37 and we started TTC when I was 34. It took over 2 years, but it was because of Male Factor Infertility, not because of anything on my end. I have a girlfriend who is 40 and she conceived in her first month of trying.

Hello all!

Fab news :thumbup:

I agree its great to hear all these positive stories - keeps us all hoping :thumbup:

HI
Im 41 in may on month 12 of TTC number 2 , I had 2 early miscarriages at the beginning of my journey back in April and June last year. Today I am 5wks 1 day, very early I know and I am trying to be caustiously optomistic. I started Royal jelly, Maca, L'arginine, sprulina, Selenium, magnesium and relaxing and praying iin the new year.
Still praying.
Bex

Fingers crossed I'm doing this correctly. I emailed it to Flickr and then copied the code here. Did it via PC though:

The first one was taken yesterday, minutes after the line appeared:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5521912767_6060af2805.jpg
photo.JPG by pip7890, on Flickr

The next three photos were taken about 2 or 3 hours after testing this morning:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5175/5522486456_2a40dba41b.jpg

Test at the top (Superdrug 10miu) was taken yesterday on the afternoon of CD21/9DPO. I'd emptied my bladder about an hour before so had to squeeze a teensy weensy bit out for the test.

The middle one (Superdrug 10miu) was taken early this morning CD22/10DPO. I'd emptied my bladder before bed (about 10.45 pm) and ignored the urge to pee twice (once at 2.00 am and again 4.30 am). I finally gave in about 5.30 am as my bladder was fit to burst. (I'd had a cuppa herbal tea and glass of water in the couple of hours before bed.)

The bottom one (IC 10miu) was taken with FMU as for the middle one. The line is so faint on this one but if you're used to seeing pearly white test sticks you can actually make out some pinking.

Here is another close up of the IC (used my iPhone so picture quality not great):

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5253/5521917891_8f000d0d0d.jpg

Here is a close up of the two Superdrugs:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5017/5522507320_26b82daa6f.jpg

What do you think?

Pip x

Fingers crossed I'm doing this correctly. I emailed it to Flickr and then copied the code here. Did it via PC though:

The first one was taken yesterday, minutes after the line appeared:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5521912767_6060af2805.jpg

The next three photos were taken about 2 or 3 hours after testing this morning:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5175/5522486456_2a40dba41b.jpg

Test at the top (Superdrug 10miu) was taken yesterday on the afternoon of CD21/9DPO. I'd emptied my bladder about an hour before so had to squeeze a teensy weensy bit out for the test.

The middle one (Superdrug 10miu) was taken early this morning CD22/10DPO. I'd emptied my bladder before bed (about 10.45 pm) and ignored the urge to pee twice (once at 2.00 am and again 4.30 am). I finally gave in about 5.30 am as my bladder was fit to burst. (I'd had a cuppa herbal tea and glass of water in the couple of hours before bed.)

The bottom one (IC 10miu) was taken with FMU as for the middle one. The line is so faint on this one but if you're used to seeing pearly white test sticks you can actually make out some pinking.

Here is another close up of the IC (used my iPhone so picture quality not great):

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5253/5521917891_8f000d0d0d.jpg

Here is a close up of the two Superdrugs:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5017/5522507320_26b82daa6f.jpg

What do you think?

Pip x

I see a line...faint but it is there... test again tomorrow and see :thumbup:

You know what they say, Pip. A line is a line.

If you want, I will wait until you get a confirmation to congratulate you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->