Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived

I've justed posted in the Forum Help & Testing Area with the request for an Over 35 and Pregnant forum: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-mods-can-we-have-forum-over-35-pregnant.html

If you think it would be a good idea please feel free to go there and post your support.

Cheers.

Pip x

I have a friend who is 39 and is 3 months pregnant, and it was natural, no doctors help, etc.

Hello all...I have just conceived twice in one calendar month..almost to the day...I conceived at 38 in Orlando FL and miscarried...I am now 39 (just had my bday) and I am pregnant again even before AF could come along...this time conception was in Canada. haha! I have no idea what is going to happen this time around though. I do have 2 daughters, 7 and 13.

Thank you sooo much for this, and all the very best of luck to you! Wonderful news!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I've justed posted in the Forum Help & Testing Area with the request for an Over 35 and Pregnant forum: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-mods-can-we-have-forum-over-35-pregnant.html

If you think it would be a good idea please feel free to go there and post your support.

Cheers.

Pip x

Thanks for doing that, Pip! Hope it ends up helping lots of us older mamas!!

I will add my story to the thread, hope it helps someone. x x

Last year my periods changed from 29 day cycle (regular to the day) to 26 day cycle. I actually thought it may be the start of the menopause (I am 39) but I refused to think it was over for me to have another baby (My son is 20 ).
Anyway according to CBFM and taking my temp, I ovulated around day 14. After a few months (by Nov 10) of fruitless attempts ttc, myself and oh began to niggle and argue with each other and decided to stop trying for a baby.
The themometer and Ov strips went into the bathroom cupboard.
During my next cycle we had sex twice on Cycle day 6 and that was it - no more nookies for the entire month. Come Jan 8th I had a BFP. Couldn't believe it...after all these years of thinking I ov'ed around the 14th day I ovulated between day 6 and 10.

So don't always assume that you are ovulating in mid cycle as most people do...especially if your cycles have changed and don't always take all this temp taking and CM checking etc as gospel.

The best thing to do...is eat well, exercise frequently, bd at the right time and most importantly take the pressure off yourselves. x x x

Good luck to all you ladies ttc - I hope it happens very soon. x :hugs:

Congrats, Bambers!

It is funny, though, when I asked the OH why he thought I was pregnant before I did the test in January he said it was because I didn't think that I could be. Occasionally, he is right about things. :)

Hello lovely ladies, I think a forum like that would be so wonderful to have!

Just wanted to share my success story:

I am 36 years old, and my DH and I started actively trying to conceive in October 2009. After 8 months of trying, I became pregnant with our first child. Sadly, we m/c in September, 2010 at 8 wks. However, after waiting 1 cycle after our loss, I was able to get pregnant again in 3 cycles (BFP on Valentines Day of all dates!)! We are 11 wks along and so far have seen the baby twice, both times with healthy hb!!

I also wanted to add that I have long cycles (36-40 days), and typically O on CD23. I was almost at the point of asking for fertility help as I felt my late O was part of the problem. However, both babes were able to be conceived naturally, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for this little one!!

Never give up hope!! :flower:

I will add my story to the thread, hope it helps someone. x x

Last year my periods changed from 29 day cycle (regular to the day) to 26 day cycle. I actually thought it may be the start of the menopause (I am 39) but I refused to think it was over for me to have another baby (My son is 20 ).
Anyway according to CBFM and taking my temp, I ovulated around day 14. After a few months (by Nov 10) of fruitless attempts ttc, myself and oh began to niggle and argue with each other and decided to stop trying for a baby.
The themometer and Ov strips went into the bathroom cupboard.
During my next cycle we had sex twice on Cycle day 6 and that was it - no more nookies for the entire month. Come Jan 8th I had a BFP. Couldn't believe it...after all these years of thinking I ov'ed around the 14th day I ovulated between day 6 and 10.

So don't always assume that you are ovulating in mid cycle as most people do...especially if your cycles have changed and don't always take all this temp taking and CM checking etc as gospel.

The best thing to do...is eat well, exercise frequently, bd at the right time and most importantly take the pressure off yourselves. x x x

Good luck to all you ladies ttc - I hope it happens very soon. x :hugs:

Fantastic story - congratulations and thanks for popping in :hugs:

I love this thread, it's so inspiring!

I can now add my story. I just turned 39 last week. After 6m ttc, I've just got my BFP. This is my first pregnancy. My hubby is 35.

I went off the pill last Sept and gave my body a month to adjust before ttc. In the end it needed at least 4 months, my cycles were all over the place. (I had been on the pill for over 20 years.) I began trying all sorts of things (listed in my ttc journal if it might help anyone) to try to get my cycle to settle down and work properly, help nourish my eggs, and shorten my luteal phase (it was only 9 days). Finally my cycle became more normal, and a few months later we fell pregnant. So I don't know which of the things worked, or whether the process just needed time - but at my age time was the one thing I didn't want to spend!! The SME plan (see elsewhere on BnB for info) seemed especially useful. BDing throughout your cycle to cover all bases in case you don't ov at the 'expected' time (as bambers says above).

Because my cycle was so erratic, I was seeking medical assistance, I found that really helpful in terms of finding out there were no *major* physical problems preventing conception. But, I was told that I have a 'prejudiced ovarian reserve', high FSH (15) and low antral follicle count (4). That wasn't great news, but it spurred me on to be as healthy as I can, keep fit, eat well, stay positive (the hardest part!) and take things that would help improve my egg health, and hubby was a great sport at doing everything I asked to keep his swimmers in top shape.

Wishing everyone who is 35+ ttc-ing the very best of luck, hang in there, I hope you get your BFPs very soon xxx

Congratulations cypress! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxxx

Wow...congrats Cypress...just read your journal...well done...made me want to get more proactive...

Congrats to the new BFPs!! Keep positive everyone and just try to enjoy the whole process. ;)

:dust:

Congratulations :baby::thumbup: your true life events of how you remained positive & achieved your BFP is inspirational to myself & others. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->