Friendly reminder to all! Updated pg6 :'(

I had one in dec and it came back CIN 3 so not good I had never misery e either ? Just shows how things can change . I had to go I to hospital to have a coloscopy . I'm going back in July for a repeat smear to make sure things are ok . So I second this get on done and I will be having them every year from now on

I had one in dec and it came back CIN 3 so not good I had never misery e either ? Just shows how things can change . I had to go I to hospital to have a coloscopy . I'm going back in July for a repeat smear to make sure things are ok . So I second this get on done and I will be having them every year from now on

I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: you must feel so worried. I hope you get a better result in July, wishing you lots of luck and hugs :hugs: x

I have one today--not my normal pap, but an exam I scheduled because of some mystery bumps I found.....I am terrified. I'm glad to be dealing with it quickly and seeing an OB, and truly my chances of having hpv warts at this point are slim--I've never had them and have only been with OH in the past 6 years. Still, I know that I could have easily contracted hpv and not had any symptoms or flares until this much later. I'm scared that if what I'm feeling is warts (sorry for the TMI!), they are inside my vaginal opening, so they could easily move to my cervix if that's what they are. This is what scares me so much. It truly could be nothing. I never really explored that region in depth until TTC and checking my cervix. Thanks for starting this thread, Ruth!

I have one today--not my normal pap, but an exam I scheduled because of some mystery bumps I found.....I am terrified. I'm glad to be dealing with it quickly and seeing an OB, and truly my chances of having hpv warts at this point are slim--I've never had them and have only been with OH in the past 6 years. Still, I know that I could have easily contracted hpv and not had any symptoms or flares until this much later. I'm scared that if what I'm feeling is warts (sorry for the TMI!), they are inside my vaginal opening, so they could easily move to my cervix if that's what they are. This is what scares me so much. It truly could be nothing. I never really explored that region in depth until TTC and checking my cervix. Thanks for starting this thread, Ruth!
Oh Lauren you poor thing, it must be a really worrying time for you :hugs: But on a positive note, I believe that the strand of HPV which causes genital warts DOES NOT cause cervical cancer!! :thumbup: So I really really hope you don't have them because that would be quite awful for you, but if it ends up that you do, please don't think that they are linked to cancer x

Thanks, Ruth!! My OB was CERTAIN that they were not warts. She said that there's scar tissue down there that we all have (TMI!), and that bumpy skin is normal--she said nothing was 'warty'. So! I'm glad. But you're right--I have heard that the wart strand doesn't cause cancer, too, and I guess it would have been the best kind to have for that reason! I still have never been officially tested for hpv, but I am reassured now. That was a VERY stressful few days, though. My main concern was that, even though it's rare, warts can be passed on to a baby during vaginal birth. I'm not even pg yet, but still! Anyway, I don't have them so it's all OK. Thank you for keeping this thead going--it's SO important for us all to get checked!

Cervical cancer runs in my family. My oldest sister (22) has cancer cells on her cervix. I get a pap smear test twice a year to be safe.

I really hate getting these done. Last time I cried! It is so embarrassing. Does anyone else worry that the DR is grossed out by seeing their *privates* up close or is it just me? At least when you are giving birth you are usually in too much pain to care!

Thanks, Ruth!! My OB was CERTAIN that they were not warts. She said that there's scar tissue down there that we all have (TMI!), and that bumpy skin is normal--she said nothing was 'warty'. So! I'm glad. But you're right--I have heard that the wart strand doesn't cause cancer, too, and I guess it would have been the best kind to have for that reason! I still have never been officially tested for hpv, but I am reassured now. That was a VERY stressful few days, though. My main concern was that, even though it's rare, warts can be passed on to a baby during vaginal birth. I'm not even pg yet, but still! Anyway, I don't have them so it's all OK. Thank you for keeping this thead going--it's SO important for us all to get checked!

Oh thank goodness!! Great news :hugs: now you can concentrate on :sex: TTC and relax a bit! ;) x

I really hate getting these done. Last time I cried! It is so embarrassing. Does anyone else worry that the DR is grossed out by seeing their *privates* up close or is it just me? At least when you are giving birth you are usually in too much pain to care!

No never, because they see scores of them a day, they wouldn't remember one from the next. And because I've been getting Brazilian waxing down there for years I figure so many beauticians have seen it (and more if they're being thorough :haha:) what's one more person to see it! Although I go to the nurse not my male doctor x

I've never really cared about showing my bits lol yes I don't really want to but I no they aren't scoring me haha and I always think they must of seen worse haha

I'm not too fussed about them seeing my bits, to be honest, as when I had Jake, I had my legs WAY open and up in stirrups whilst they stitched me up. There was about 5 people that came in, mainly students!!! Mortifying or what!!

I am more concerned with them never being able to reach it as I have a tilted womb, so the cervix is hard to reach. Usually end up with my fists under my bum trying to raise my hips. (Sorry, not a pretty thought; don't want to put anyone off of their lunch!)

I have a friend, whose good friend from college is now a gynecologist. No, they don't care about your lady parts. It's their work, their job. They see hundreds of them a week and I'm sure they all look close to the same. They also understand that women are embarrassed to have their privates looked at. But, men also have to get the finger up the bunghole after a certain age! It's all done to make sure we aren't getting a condition that will KILL us. I think a bit of embarrassment for 5 minutes is worth a lifetime of health.

o.k. the cheese stands alone then lol Looks like I'm the only one who is too modest and hates being looked at in the downstairs department (even if it is for a good cause).

No on has said they love it. We all hate it and could think of a better way to spend the afternoon but it's one of those things u grin and bear I suppose

Before I had xander the thought made me feel sick, but so many people have had a rummage now one more makes no difference

Had mine done yesterday, and it was slightly uncomfortable but only because my cervix was literally facing my back due to being tilted! But just waiting results now. Wanted to bump this to remind you ladies to get it done!!!

Gosh, Im 29 on monday, and never had a smear!! Back when I was pregnant with my eldest, I was only 15 (smear age was 18 at the time) but the midwife and doctor said that because I Was sexually active, I would be called for a smear after birth - it didn't happen. Couple of years later, at 18, while I Was pregnant on my 2nd, the age got upped to 21 or something.. so again I didn't get called, then just before I hit 21, the age was upped to 25, so I again, I didn't get called! Since I turned 25, Ive been invited for ONE smear test, which I couldn't have as I was pregnant with my 4th, then a couple of months later, pregnant with my 5th!! lol

Anyone know how soon after birth you can have one?

It's 13 weeks after the birth hun.

I can't believe you only had one letter. I just turned 26 when I had mine and I must have had 4 or 5 letters while I was pregnant!

I assume I can phone the surgery and request one, rather than wait years for another letter? Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->