Friendly reminder to all! Updated pg6 :'(

Dalila :hugs: I have no experience with military doctors, but have heard from more than one person about being all wishy-washy. :growlmad:

I was supposed to be re-checked but they wouldn't do it until I came home. I was mad because I figured knowing if I had cancer was kind of important and it bothered me the whole tour. I was still abnormal when I came back but they never told me about strands. But they did give me a paper on it! I plan on taking my last Gardisil shot after this pregnancy just to be safe.

Since I never really knew what it was I would give the person I was dating the piece of paper since from my understanding it is an std :shrug: Kinda gross they wouldn't care or they thought they couldn't get it because "It only affects females". Well that's what we were told... Looked it up online that is so not true

I nag OH all the time about paying a few extra so we can see civilian doctors
I hurt my neck on one of the missions. When I came home they did x-rays and sent me to a chiropractor I went to him about 3 times the last visit he popped my neck a different way than usual went *hmm* looked at his computer walked back and popped it the OTHER way :wacko: I knew that wasn't right! But after that I could no longer run or do situps with out being in excruciating pain! Some days I couldn't shower with out wanting to cry. (this was in WA I later traveled to MO to train and OK to be re stationed.) This is where I met OH. He was on CQ duty and I was new to the unit but knew his name because he inprocessed me into the unit. So I didn't want to call an ambulance and look like a "shit bag or broke dick" so I called him and had to have him help me get out of bed get on my uniform do my hair etc :blush: IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING! but he helped me out alot after that. I eventually found a good physical therapist that was able to show me some helpful exercises but to this day I kink up and am in unbearable pain. Cannot wait to claim this through VA (I have to be 6 months PP)
<--long story in there :haha: I have other reasons too but no need to bore

I am still confused about this HPV crap! Rant --
I had an abnormal papin 2009 and they said it was HPV but wouldn't see me again until I came home from deployment :growlmad: So over a year later I book a coloscopy (still not sure what the results were... but sure it was something along the lines of not having cancer) AND THEN relocated and the new hospital told me I had a normal PAP smear and that they don't test for HPV anymore until a certain age. So I told the doctor that I already had 2 shots of Gardisil and am waiting to have my last (of course I am still waiting due to pregnancy) But she said I had nothing to worry about because of my age when they tested. So we relocate again and this hospital today said that I probably have the virus and it's not showing up as abnormal cells. so what's the right #$% answer!?! I really HATE military doctors. It seems like they got more questionable since I became a civilian. They never have an answer for ANYTHING :growlmad:
End Rant :hugs:
How old were you in 2009 dalila? Blhanson gave a very good response up there, it's true there are LOADS of strains of HPV, only few of which can go on to cause cancer. With some strains, your body fights it off, so you may have got a positive then been clear at a later date. But it is possible to get re-infected or to have an ongoing infection for years. It's this type of ongoing thing which usually leads to cc. Sorry you got so messed around with military doctors, sounds like you're right to go civilian x

oh my goodness Dalila! What load of crock. What do you call someone who graduated medical school with a C average? A doctor!! OMG. I wonder if the military hires the C-student doctors. Bless your heart :hugs:

I am still confused about this HPV crap! Rant --
I had an abnormal papin 2009 and they said it was HPV but wouldn't see me again until I came home from deployment :growlmad: So over a year later I book a coloscopy (still not sure what the results were... but sure it was something along the lines of not having cancer) AND THEN relocated and the new hospital told me I had a normal PAP smear and that they don't test for HPV anymore until a certain age. So I told the doctor that I already had 2 shots of Gardisil and am waiting to have my last (of course I am still waiting due to pregnancy) But she said I had nothing to worry about because of my age when they tested. So we relocate again and this hospital today said that I probably have the virus and it's not showing up as abnormal cells. so what's the right #$% answer!?! I really HATE military doctors. It seems like they got more questionable since I became a civilian. They never have an answer for ANYTHING :growlmad:
End Rant :hugs:
How old were you in 2009 dalila? Blhanson gave a very good response up there, it's true there are LOADS of strains of HPV, only few of which can go on to cause cancer. With some strains, your body fights it off, so you may have got a positive then been clear at a later date. But it is possible to get re-infected or to have an ongoing infection for years. It's this type of ongoing thing which usually leads to cc. Sorry you got so messed around with military doctors, sounds like you're right to go civilian x

oh my goodness Dalila! What load of crock. What do you call someone who graduated medical school with a C average? A doctor!! OMG. I wonder if the military hires the C-student doctors. Bless your heart :hugs:

lol! Sometimes I don't think they went to medical school. I watched an episode of family guy where everything the dr. referenced was by using a book (including head and arms) made me giggle because I thought of passed doctors :haha:

When I was pregnant with Aiden they used a book to class my headaches :shrug: Well the book confirmed they were chronic! :dohh:

Thought I would add something here - I spoke to my GP surgery today to request a smear and was told I can't have one. I'm 22. I think it's disgusting.

I'm struggling to find a private place nearby I could go to - and as someone on a very low income I don't know if I could even afford it.

(Though I shouldn't be surprised as this is a surgery that, as policy, doensn't even do a six week post partum check - even if you have had a terribly traumatic time/stitchs/C-sec.)

I know the recommendation here is that if you have a clear smear, then you don't have to have another for 3 years. I've gotten one just about every year since I turned 17 (and am now 31), as I knew of the issues that could be detected. Little did I know (until I turned 19) how important they'd be, as a close cousin confided that she had cervical cancer that was detected by the smear. Thankfully they caught it early.

Bumping this, as this is a very important topic.

Family guy is the best! I love the one when Peter gets a horse and the horse sucks sugar cubes off of stewies head :rofl:

My favorite is the one that Peter went to some kind of female sensitivity class, came home and tried to breastfeed Stewie. Then seeing Stewie's reaction!! hahaha!!

Please get them done ladies. I put it off for over a year. Got it done and found out I had cervical cancer. (this was 6 years ago). I fought it for 4 years.

Its so very important.

I'm so sorry to hear your friend passed away. Her poor family :(

im so sorry to hear about ur friend :( :hugs:

i will book my smear asap xx

Thought I would add something here - I spoke to my GP surgery today to request a smear and was told I can't have one. I'm 22. I think it's disgusting.

I'm struggling to find a private place nearby I could go to - and as someone on a very low income I don't know if I could even afford it.

(Though I shouldn't be surprised as this is a surgery that, as policy, doensn't even do a six week post partum check - even if you have had a terribly traumatic time/stitchs/C-sec.)

That's terrible! Can you change to another practice?? :hugs: x

I meant to reply to this days ago, I imagine Thomas started crying and I got distracted.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend :hugs:

This thread has pushed me into getting my first smear 3 years overdue. I don't have the results yet but the nurse discovered I have had a probable prolapse so my doctor is referring me to gynaecology.

Thank you for posting this thread x

So sorry about your friend :hugs:

this has made me determined to ring up the doctors next week and book mine. Im 26 and haven't had one done. I was told after having my youngest, I would have one and never did, so I have GOT to call them. Is there a certain time in your cycle you have to have it done, like in the middle?

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Im not "old" enough for one, im 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"