Friendly reminder to all! Updated pg6 :'(

I'm bumping this thread because my friend has passed away today :cry: :cry::cry:
I made a mistake regarding her age in my original post, she was 36 years old :cry:
LADIES PLEASE GO GET YOUR SMEAR TESTS DONE!!! x

I'm so sorry :hugs:

Sp sorry to hear of your Poor friend! Thinking of you but especially her lo at this time x

So sorry to hear about your friend actually sat in tears, The big 'c' has affected so many people I know and love it's a horrid illness and just wish it would go and do one!!

I'm 20 would I be to you g to request a smear test? When iw as examined at hospital they already said I seemed to have an abnormal cervix and had scar tissue they even asked if I'd had any operations down there which I haven't so I've been so scared to ask for one as to scared of the results

Massive hugs to you and your friends family at this terrible time xxxxx

metal contraption inside my vagina while someone scrapes my cells off
LOL ill pass

I find that's little bit disrespectful and shocking tbh :growlmad:.... This lady's poor friend has passed away and is trying to help you to advise you on something that could potentially save your life

And this is your reply to it..... Shocking :nope:

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope this encourages more women to just make the appointment and get it done!

hey hun, so sorry to hear bout your friend passing away :hugs:

I got mine done round bout 8 weeks after my check up as i was pregnant on my 25th birthday, i dont understand why women would put it off?

To be honest, it didnt hurt and i was in a better frame of mind knowing that i got checked out x

I'm so sorry. :cry:

We can't get pap smears here in the US until 25. I received them in pregnancy but they won't do annual ones until 25. Not sure why.

I'm so sorry. :cry:

We can't get pap smears here in the US until 25. I received them in pregnancy but they won't do annual ones until 25. Not sure why.

I would find a new doctor. I have been having mine done since I was 18. I have never heard of a doctor not doing it before 25. That is just absurd.

Ruth I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Big hugs to you and everyone close to her.

So sorry to hear about your friend actually sat in tears, The big 'c' has affected so many people I know and love it's a horrid illness and just wish it would go and do one!!

I'm 20 would I be to you g to request a smear test? When iw as examined at hospital they already said I seemed to have an abnormal cervix and had scar tissue they even asked if I'd had any operations down there which I haven't so I've been so scared to ask for one as to scared of the results

Massive hugs to you and your friends family at this terrible time xxxxx

Thank you to everyone for your kind posts. Highhopes, I would say just because you aren't old enough to be invited for a regular smear doesn't mean they can't give you one on request if you have genuine concerns. I would call your Gp and tell them what the hospital said and say you need peace of mind so you're requesting one. Don't be afraid :hugs: The alternative could be worse. Sending you also a big hug :hugs: back
Call your Gp on Tuesday, reminders in your phones ladies... x

:hugs: sorry about your friend's passing. I hope you find some comfort in the fact you have inspired ladies to go get their smears.
I'll remember her and her family tomorrow.
Veganmama, words fail me. :dohh:

Im so sorry *hugs*
Your friend would be so proud of you getting all these people 2 do tests that wouldnt have normally xx

İ just got my "invite" last wk on my 25th birthday my mum got one too i made her book for the same time as me (nxt friday) and my dd has also got her 12wk jabs in wiv the same appt so im hoping il be more focused on her at the time bcos ive been dreading having a smear since i was about 13 wen i found out about them!! İ hated all internals during both my labours i found them to be the worst part of having children!!? But this friday i will go bcos i would rather be safe than sorry!
Xx

So sorry to hear about your friend.
It's over looked on age where i live,i did do a post the other day about irregular bleeding for 8months (since having dd) but instead of giving me a smear last week she has referred me to a gynaecologist? Now i had a smear done at a hospital 3years ago so i dont understand every place and person must see it differently but i will definitely be telling them i want a smear when i do go and see the gynaecologist xx

They do them from age 21 here. I've had two and am due up for another next year, we do them every 2 years.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend :hugs:

Hopefully lots of people will go get tested now :thumbup:

So sorry about your friend :(

I wish i could get one done but i'm 23 so got a while to wait before im allowed one :(.

I'm bumping this thread because my friend has passed away today :cry: :cry::cry:
I made a mistake regarding her age in my original post, she was 36 years old :cry:
LADIES PLEASE GO GET YOUR SMEAR TESTS DONE!!! x

I'm so sorry :cry: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I was diagnosed with full blown cervical cancer when I was only a year older than your friend and my youngest was the same age as her son - a tumour on my cervix that was visible to the naked eye and which was picked up (thank God) at a routine smear ... it wasn't even overdue :shrug:

I had to have a radical hysterectomy ... cervix, womb, groin lymph nodes and ovaries. It wasn't nice but I'm still here and I got to see my children grow up and to enjoy my Grandbabies.

If I hadn't gone for that smear test then I would have died - so please ladies, listen to the OP and go for that test :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->