From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Yay beneath I bet little bean is a little fighter xx

3chords I'm not on steroids but read about immune system being lower, I just feel horrible every day, hopefully it will pass this week

Ilt, I'm 32 ,hoping midwife appointment wont be too far away :)

Ladies, I'm bleeding and I really don't know what to do! Do I just wait it out til 22mrw and phone the clinic? There's nothing really anyone can do is there?

Is there any chance this can still be ok?

Ladies, I'm bleeding and I really don't know what to do! Do I just wait it out til 22mrw and phone the clinic? There's nothing really anyone can do is there?

Yes, it can still be okay. Many people have bleeds. Call the clinic. How much blood?

Is it red? Call the clinic. Im sure everything is fine!!

It started quite a bit of pink on the tissue plus in the loo, also some on a liner and now it's dark red. Got cramps too so just feels like AF.

Not sure it's worth calling the emergency number as I'm sure they'll only tell me to wait and see

Bump - I'd call the clinic, at least let them know what's going on. Bleeding is fairly common so odds are still ok.

BMW - nausea is a good sign!

ILT - I've had an ultrasound at 6 weeks (saw baby measuring exactly on target and with heartbeat) so this will be my second one.

FirstTry - that's a tough diet...I'm only really wanting carbs right now!

Bump, call the emergency number, it's there for you and I know they would rather you call also like the ladies said ot can be completey normal xx

Bump - ring the clinic and see what they say. It still can be ok, I have read lots of ladies have big bleeds and all turn out ok. Fingers crossed and thinking of you xx

Thanks sweeties. Phoned the emergency number and there's not much they can say or do. Just got to see what happens over next day or two. Probably too early for a scan (5 weeks 4days) but they might be able to do a blood test.

Hope is dwindling as it really seems like a period now without any clots and with some cramps. Just not sure this can be anything else at this stage but I guess we'll see what the morning brings x

Thanks sweeties. Phoned the emergency number and there's not much they can say or do. Just got to see what happens over next day or two. Probably too early for a scan (5 weeks 4days) but they might be able to do a blood test.

Hope is dwindling as it really seems like a period now without any clots and with some cramps. Just not sure this can be anything else at this stage but I guess we'll see what the morning brings x

Im praying for you and your bean!!!

BMW, good news about the nausea.

First, I'm joining you in no sweet part. Babies don't like sweet.

Bump, I'm sorry about the bleeding. You are right unfortunately. There is nothing that they or you can do to prevent miscarriage if it's going to happen. I'm sorry for being blunt and I know how scared you are feeling right now. :hugs:. With that said, I did find out that SCH is pretty common with IVF patients. So, even though you are bleeding, it doesn't mean that you are losing the baby. I drank lots of water....probably about 20 cups to prevent dehydration. dehydration can also cause your uterus to contract, which means cramping and more blood. Bed rest and pelvic rsts are the only things you can do right now. It's hard not to worry. So hang in there Bump :hugs:.

Phewww it's been a tough few days for DH and I. Just as I thought we could relax a bit, we got another not so good news. My NT scan went well. Babies are doing great. 1 is 12 weeks and the other is 12 weeks 1 day. NT scan showed normal measurements for both babies. It took a while yo take the measurement because baby B was an attention hogger! We could see them tugging at each other. At one point, they were face to face. Now here comes the bad news. The results of NT scan combined with my blood test resulted in 1:16 possible Down Syndrome. So 6% chance of the babies having DS. After many tears and discussion, we decided to go through with CVS test to give us more definite results. Yes, I'm afraid as heck especially with the risk of miscarriage. But at the same time, I need to know so I can at least enjoy a bit of my pregnancy. It is what it is. Whatever it is that suppose to be mine will be mine. Another good news is that I don't have SCH. So hopefully no more bleeding. I hope I don't scare anyone with my news. :). I'm allowing myself to feel sorry for myself For tonight only. Tomorrow is a new day and I need to be in top condition physically and emotionally for the sake of my babies for now.

Hope everyone else is having a better day than I do :).

P.S., babies are 75% girls :)

Bump, hope the bleeding has stopped, it could just be bleeding and the cramping is being caused by the blood irritating things, get lots of rest, sending massive hugs xxx

Ilt, what a few days you have had, glad to hear babies are well though or should we be saying little girls now! I'm sure you will make all the right decisions for your little ones, their mummy knows best xxx

ILT - glad all went ok and girls are growing and look healthy 😆

Bump - how are things today?

ILT my gosh what a rough few days. When do you have the test done? I know you'll make the best decision for you all.

Bump how are you this morning? Has the bleeding stopped?

Morning everyone 😊😊.

Bump - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the bleed is nothing. Ilt has shared very good advice. Hang in there xx.

First - thank you for sharing details about the diet. I didn't know about babies not liking sugar. Puddings are my weakness and so I'm going to have to watch it. I try to eat an avocado everyday for now.

Ilt - HUGE hugs for your news. I can imagine you and DH are going through a range of emotions. I'm thankful that you don't have sch. I'll be praying for the results of the DS - let's take one day at a time. When do you find out for sure?

Wishing everyone a lovely day xx

Thanks ladies. I'm still in emotional roller coaster. Deep in my heart I know that the babies are ok. I'm waiting for a call from the genetic department. Hopefully we'll hearback today so we can get this test over with to give us a peace of mind.

Bump, hopefully everything is well with you and bleeding decreased.

So I've read that eating apples can help with ashtma and peanut butter can help with allergy. I have a hard time eating peanut butter. Not a big fan to begin with so maybe I can eat some in my 2nd trimester :).

Thanks for all your support ladies. Bleeding has changed to brown this morning but is still very much there like a period. It's like the later days of a period. I've heard that brown is old blood but still worried that it's still coming.

Staying at home in bed and waiting for clinic to phone back just so I can update them but still not sure where we go from here. Blood test I guess. I'm hopeful they might bring scan forward to next week rather than make me wait another 2 weeks.

Is there a chance I've lost a multiple or is that not possible when they would be in the same sac?

ILT, thanks for the advice. Glad your babies are ok although understand your concerns about ds. Will they organise the test soon?

Hi bumpsparkle, brown blood is old blood so hopefully an old bleed leaving your system, they should bring forward your scan as its booked for 8 weeks in the meantime I think they should do another blood test xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->