From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Love the iCandy Kaye!! I am jealous. We don't have it here :). At least I couldn't find it where I live.

BMW, I'd hope your RE confirmed the HB by turning on the volume. We got to hear it. :D. But I had to held my breath a few times in order for us to hear the baby's HB. I guess she was tucked waaayyyy behind my pelvic. It's easier to find them now :).

Ugh! This scan is going to be pretty scary for me to begin with hoping I see anything at all in my uterus to begin with!!! Im just keeping my fx!

kaye - the iCandy Peach 3 looks gorgeous! What colour did you go with? If things work out for us we'll be getting the Bugaboo Cameleon, I have coveted this stroller forever.

I continued to spot brown on Tuesday night and then again yesterday evening. It's like dried old brown blood, not even enough to hit the pantyliner, but there when I wipe. So I went on 2 days bed rest. So far so good today. I am on "limited physical activity" now so no more working out, no intercourse, or walking the dog. Just keeping my FX it does the trick. Otherwise still have all my symptoms, vomited again today for the 2nd day in a row, sigh.

3chords, sounding good, just keep resting like you are and sure you will be fine x

Beneath ,do you have more blood results today? X

Kaye, I'm going to Google it ad not sure what one it is but how exciting anyway! X

3 chords - haven't picked a colour yet till we know sex, bit can just ring them up and advise when we know.
Sickness is deffo a good sign. Are you still on progesterone? As I've had brown spotting a couple of times and got told it was probably because of the progesterone.

3chords, sounding good, just keep resting like you are and sure you will be fine x

Beneath ,do you have more blood results today? X

Kaye, I'm going to Google it ad not sure what one it is but how exciting anyway! X

Nope, not doing any more blood work

3 chords - haven't picked a colour yet till we know sex, bit can just ring them up and advise when we know.
Sickness is deffo a good sign. Are you still on progesterone? As I've had brown spotting a couple of times and got told it was probably because of the progesterone.

Yes, my RE thinks it's cervical irritation from the progesterone suppositories, which I take 3x per day. I know some clinics wean off their patients around 9-10 weeks but mine wants me to stay until 12 weeks. Sigh.

Hi Ladies,

Well...looks like I'll be joining 3chords on bed rest. I went back to Emergency Room last night. I was spotting the whole day yesterday. It was brown and stringy. Then, while I was eating my taco, I felt gush of something. Went to the bathroom and got more clots and stream of blood. We went to 2 different ER because the first one was super busy & DH was getting antsy. So we went to the one where his buddy works. Got admitted within 20 minutes. Then I was about to change to hospital gown when I felt something trickled down my leg. Yup....more blood. The pad that I wore was soaked. So got more pads from the nurse....passed a few more clots. Got to see the doctor in 10 minutes. Then got to see the babies in 5. They were really active and my uterus looked like it stretched more. Got a bag & 1/2 of IV. Bleeding subsided and now under strict bedrest. I was pretty calm this time even though the bleeding worried me a little but deep down I knew my babies were fine.

I'm sharing this so in the future if anyone of us experience the same thing, you'd not as panic as I was the first time. Plus, your DH probably panicked more. I had to reassured DH a few times that we were fine. I am assuming that I might have placenta previa since they didn't find SCH on monday. Hopefully, it'll correct itself as the uterus stretch.

I'll catch up with everyone in a bit. Now I have to call my boss.

Oh no ilt, glad babies are well though, must have been a shock for you, just keep in your bed rest, be thinking of you xx

ILT - Aww what a horrible experience for you to go through... yes get plenty of bed rest!! Glad to hear babies are fine 😆😆😆 rest well xx

Sorry I've been a bit absent, been really struggling with 24/7 morning sickness and feel like I'm in a parallel world at the moment. All I do is lay still whilst feeling nauseous and then vomit! It's truly horrid! I even ache from puking so much. I also heard that symptoms can crank up at 6 weeks.

ILT, so sorry to hear you've had bleeding again. Really scary for you and I hope they can find some answers soon for you x

I had some pink spotting again last nite and again this morning and it really freaks me out. The clinic didn't seem too concerned the other day unless it was filling 2 pads in an hour. A week and a half until scan seems forever away!

ILT - super scary but so good that babies are fine. This worry feels like it will never go away. Settle yourself down and watch Netflix or whatever else keeps your mind occupied. Don't Google, haha.

Bump - I totally agree with you that spotting is freaky even when in small volumes. Especially when you don't even know what's causing it. When is your next scan? I go in on Apr 7 (11 more days).

After 4 days I am off bed rest and now on "limited physical activity" - basically go to work (I have an office job) and go home and sit/lie down. No walking the dog, no exercising or doing house chores, etc. I had no new spotting yesterday, occasionally I see a very small brown speckled discharge from the progesterone suppositories leaking out but I think that's just remnants from a couple of days ago. Nausea is brutal and constant. I've finally relented and taking the maximum dose of Diclectin to attempt to control it. It makes me very sleepy and sluggish during the day but it seems to help a bit. I have not vomited yet today, "just" had several dry heaving episodes. This is turning into the never-ending trimester....

Aww bumpsparkle that sounds horrid, I'll stop moaning now about not having any, hope you feel better soon and it passes xx

ILT-- so sorry to hear about all that you went through hun!!!!! Glad the babies are fine!! Hope you get some rest :hugs:

Bump-- sorry youre feeling so rubbish and spotting again!! Really hope it stops and your scan comes soon!!

Thanks girls. Never thought it would be like this. Ginger biscuits, boiled sweets and lemonade are all being tried!

3chords, my scan is also on 7th April!

ILT: what an ordeal! But so glad you three are all fine.

Bump: that sounds unusually bad at 6 weeks. Can you get medicine to help with the nausea?

ILT what a hard time you're having! Hope your resting. Glad babies are ok!

Hope it passes for you too 3chords, glad the spotting has stopped xx

Thank you ladies!!

My OB said that bleeding on first trimester is very common and nothing to be concern about. Just need to make sure we monitor it. With that said, Bump: I hope your spotting stop soon. I bet the dry heaving and throw up are not making it any better because your stomach is probably contracted when you do that. Have you tried peppermint? Yours sound really bad. Make sure you don't have hyperemesis! I also read that ginger can take a few days to work so make sure you still eat it. I just don't like it as much :D.

3Chords: you too lady! Make sure you don't have it. Both of your nause sounds worse than mine. I am so sorry about that since I know how annoying and debilitating it can be.

I spoke with the Genetician counselor today because of my bleeding last night. We decided to cancel the CVS testing and move forward with Amniocentisis, whch carry much lower risk to me and babies. One good news is the Genetician took a look at my blood result and NT scans. He said based on the NT scans, the babies don't have down syndrome and because I am having twins the blood test is false positive. He also didn't want to do CVS on me because of the miscarriage risk. We've decided to move forward with Amnio anyway just give us a peace of mind. I know for sure there will be more hurdle coming our way and I want to get that off our minds. But right now, I am pretty sure the babies don't have down syndrome and so happy that I don't have to do CVS. Yaayy for 1 good news :D.

I hope everyone else are doing well. Looking forward to all of the U/S soon. Based on all of the symptoms that we are having...I have good feeling :D!

Brilliant news ilt, your babies will be absolutely fine, I think it's about time you got to relax!
Just hope we can soon enjoy out pregnancies, although I'm feeling ok it just doesn't feel real, really need the scan to hurry up so I can start believing it myself! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->