From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Hi guys, is it ok if I join in? I think I was on a different thread than most of you as I did a FET last month and not a fresh cycle.

My history is in my signature - 2 IVFs, 1 FET, 2 miscarriages...hoping this is the one.

We've had our 6 week scan and baby measured exactly 6w0d with HB of 110. My next scan is at 8 weeks on March 26. Due date is Nov 5, 2015 but I will have an early c-section so I won't go past late October.

Hi 3chords and congratulations! Must have been amazing to hear the heart beat, we've been on the same thread before, so exciting to be here now x

Bump do you know how long we carry on the estrogen and progesterone for as ive just had my delivery and theres enough to last another 5 week's, already sick of the crinone! X

Thanks ladies :) Clinic have said it could be the applicator scratching my cervix and causing some bleeding which the cream brings down.

Star, sorry if personal question but how far are you administering, halfway, two thirds?

I got told we only take the drugs until our 7 week scan which surprised me because I had initially thought the progesterone would be until 12 weeks. Like you I'm sick of that yucky stuff! Oh and my boobs look a different shape already, rounder, even dh noticed. Is that possible?

Emotionally I'm excited one minute and scared to be excited the next. Wishing away the next 3 weeks. Hey, you'll be 5 weeks tomorrow, woohoo!

Bump-- Normal to be excited and scared the next, but be happy and enjoy every moment! You need to join us and add a ticker! =)

My clinic stopped my progesterone on sun, 2 days after OTD. Very nervous about them stopping so early since I've read that everyone else is still taking theirs. I'm sure clinic know what they're doing!

Just wondered why they sent so much as they knew I had a week left to bring me til
Tomorrow then today I've got enough for another 5 week's!
With yhe crinone I tend to go as far as it can go then bring it down a cm or so, dont know if this is right lol I just dont worry it will fall out, then I sleep with a pillow under bottom! Probably unnecessary, some days mpre residue comes out than others

I cant believe its 5 weeks already tomorrow, makes me more excited that things might start happening more now, it sounds silly but when people talk about me being pregnant I feel a bit of a phoney like I'm not really! Hard to explain but it's like I dont believe it myself until I have my first scan, its silly though as plenty of people Do a pregnancy test and have no blood test or scan til 12 week's and I doubt they feel this way, dont know how they cope waiting so long! X

I think thats definitely possible with the boobs, mine still ache but some days are worse than others which worries me, I think they are getting more veiny too but I could be seeing things
Cramps are still on and off throughout the day but today not so bad, just want to feel something definite that cant be put down to progesterone or being ill!

I know exactly how you feel star. It's disbelief that they mean you lol!

I think that ivf has just played with our heads so much that we can't believe this is it. Our counsellor told us that worrying about bad things happening doesn't really lessen the pain if it does happen, so enjoy the good moments without worrying unless you have something to worry about.

Right, off to look at tickers as feeling left out now... :)

Thanks for being so welcoming ladies. :flower:

About progesterone...the placenta starts making appreciable levels of it at 7 weeks and usually by 9-10 weeks totally takes over. Before that you have your ovaries/corpus luteum. In IVF they supplement because they suck out a lot of the contents of the follicles so the corpus lutea are not as productive as in a regular cycle but you should also have quite a few of them so together they are probably OK.

In a medicated FET you basically have to completely supplement as your body is not making any of its own. I take suppositories 3x per day and I also give myself PIO shots. A huge part of getting through first tri for me will be getting off butt shots haha!

I am still too scared to put a ticker up. :nope:

'Think' I've done it :)

Welcome 3chords! Don't worry about the ticker if you're not ready x

Hi everyone :wave: and congratulations!

ILT: it's tomorrow. But I took a Clearblue with weeks indicator last night and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant. According to some people on the interwebs that should mean my beta is >201. I hope they are right!

I think I'll hold off on the ticker until I see a heartbeat.

Thanks for yhe info 3chords :)

Hi first! That sounds good, bet you'll have a great number!

Thanks 3chords for explaining the progesterone. Makes a bit more sense now!

are you ladies still cramping? I think I've linked mine up to trapped wind.. it is really painful/uncomfortable. I heard peppermint helps so DH is going to pick me up anything peppermint after work!

3 chords - congratulations!!

I have been told to keep taking my progesterone twice a day until 11 weeks. Then go down to just once a day, the evening dose for another week. So I will be 12 weeks when I stop completely.

Yep BMW still cramping!

I still find it so weird that my clinic has stopped my progesterone, can't understand it. Should I be concerned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->