From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

First, awesome news on the U/S. My clot apparently shrunk tremendously. The only thing that I did differently was to add a little caffeine! Go figure..Not sure if that has anything to do with the clot though hahaha.

Star, look at that little gummy bear!!! So cute :D.

DH was wondering how I could fall asleep while the U/S tech busy gliding around the little handheld machine thingy. Told him, well..she put warm gel on my belly, the room was quiet, I was comfortable, and the gliding motion was kinda comforting and relaxing ahahhaha. Even the babies were pretty relax and quiet. They were spooning the whole time and actually looked like they were sleeping :D.

Anyone else having ultrasound soon?

Aw, spooning twins! So cute!

I have an u/s on Monday. :)

Aw ilt that's so cute!

My next scan isn't until 11th May! I'll be nearer 13 weeks by then. Seems ages away!

Ilt- Your bambinos sound even cuter spooning :D. Keeping my fingers crossed for Wed for you.

How's everyone doing? I'm really glad the scans are going well. Thank you for sharing the pics :), they always make me smile.

The bambinos have taken to keeping me up all night with intense hunger pangs so I've been too tired during the day's due to the lack of sleep. Apart from that, I've had to nuke links with a very overbearing relative who insists on knowing how the bambinos were conceived. The person's now on my blocked caller list.
My acupuncturist is treating the hunger pangs now (focusing on pressure points in the ears) and last night was my first pain free night in a long time.

So. Who's bought a crib yet? :)

Happy 10 weeks Cmo and First!!

Faith, I bought 1 crib. Still waiting to purchase another one. That thing is expensive. I was able to get a convertible one with all of the attachment with really reasonable price.

Faith, I forgot to ask. Did that particular relative know about the IVF process or she was just being completely nosy?

ILT - you can sleep them in the same crib for a while, no?

Faith - I am not surprised at the nosy woman. A coworker's wife had twins recently and she was asked, more than once, "are they real or from IVF?" Because you know, twins from IVF are fake. Some people are so rude. But I actually see that on these boards as well, people making a huge production over having "natural twins" - like really? Are IVF or clomid, etc twins "unnatural"? Like why does that distinction need to exist. Bothers me every time!

We are going to a massive baby show this weekend. Not really to buy stuff but for the free samples, haha! We have our stroller picked out already, and a bouncer picked out, pretty sure on the swing as well, so the big items are car seat (90% sure I know what we'll get) and the nursery furniture. We have to rejig rooms in our house so I think that will be one of the last things done.

3C!! OMG! I thought I was the only who was bothered by the "natural twins" thingy. It made it seems that my babies are made from cotton and stuffing! I am lucky that no one has asked me how the twins are conceived. They do asked if I have twins in the family. Weirdly enough my grandfather from my mom side had an identical twins! But no one else in the family has twins :). I do have coworkers who just decided to touch my belly without asking! That shocked me a few times because there were times I forgot that my belly was starting to pop a bit.

I think we are going to check out the baby shows in our area too! I just hae so much fun walking around and see what's new in term of baby products. May buy a couple of things but definitely not the big ticket items unless they give me 50% off hahaha.

Hi everyone.

Glad to read everyone doing well.

Star and ILT - scan pics are gorgeous. Super cute!

Xx

Thanks Star!

Kaye! How are you doing? Ummm. Is everything ok? I don't see your ticker.

Hi

All good. Been super busy. I took ticker off to amend it and now can't get it back. Don't know what I'm. Doing wrong.

Xx

ILT - you can sleep them in the same crib for a while, no?

Faith - I am not surprised at the nosy woman. A coworker's wife had twins recently and she was asked, more than once, "are they real or from IVF?" Because you know, twins from IVF are fake. Some people are so rude. But I actually see that on these boards as well, people making a huge production over having "natural twins" - like really? Are IVF or clomid, etc twins "unnatural"? Like why does that distinction need to exist. Bothers me every time!

We are going to a massive baby show this weekend. Not really to buy stuff but for the free samples, haha! We have our stroller picked out already, and a bouncer picked out, pretty sure on the swing as well, so the big items are car seat (90% sure I know what we'll get) and the nursery furniture. We have to rejig rooms in our house so I think that will be one of the last things done.

Faith, I forgot to ask. Did that particular relative know about the IVF process or she was just being completely nosy?

Nope. She did not know a thing about the ivf. We told her that twins run in my family and that is the truth. They run on both sides of my family actually and I'm in my 40s. Why-o-why-o-why is it difficult to just accept this, be grateful and move on? But no, she decides to ring DH on the morning of our first meeting with our OB consul to insist he tell her. I went ballistic!! :growlmad: My bp, unfortunately, which I've been working on to stay down hit 170/105. They let me go off and cool down and then it fell to 140 when it was taken again. Unfortunately, it looks like I might go on BP medication next month if it starts to rise steadily. The one thing I've been working against :(.

Now ,let's not get this twisted, when people ask questions like this they are in effect asking, "did one of you have fertility issues before conceiving?" I would add that (and this is my personal opinion) there may be a whiff of envy cos' they find it difficult to accept that you could conceive twins or more in one go. My standard response to date when I've been asked is "we had sex twice every night during my fertile window - these are our chandelier babies" :smug:. I intend responding from now first by saying "Oh ...you mean do both or one of us have fertility problems?". <allow long pause for awkwardness to sink> Then say ...we swung from the chandeliers .....

It personally does not bother me if people know but I've since learnt about the stigma attached to children born by ivf and I don't want my bambinos called "chemical" and "synthetic" (thank you Dolce and Gabana) by anyone. Anyway, she's been told to stay away and we'll let her know when they get here. My money's on my pic being on her dart board now :p.

In other news, my OB put me on daily aspirin to reduce my chance of getting pre-eclampsia. In addition to that, I'm using Uristix to keep an eye on my glucose/protein levels (got them on Amazon).

Right ...time for acupuncture. More scribbling when I get back :).

Kaye, if you want to, you can PM me which ticker you want and I can help you get the code :).

Faith, I'm sorry for those nosy people. Yes, Dolce & Gabbana can suck it! I know this is hard but try to ignore those close minded people. At this stage in our pregnancies, stress is not our friend. I've prepared an answer when and if a nosy person ask. It'll be....do you really want to know?? Ok. We started with foreplay....then try to be as descriptive as possible! I want to see their reactions to that! And if they eluded to infertility question, then I'll ask them...so when did you loose your virginity? Or how many sex partners did you have? Are you into BDSM, 3some, animal, etc? Don't like my ?s. Well I don't like yours also. Think my ?s are rude? yours too! If I want you to know how I conceive the twins, you'd be in the room with us! Unfortunately, we are not voyeuristic couple! Then, walk away. Luckily, I live in a bit of progressive area where big tech companies are offering ART to their employees so they can work longer without the pressure of having family soon. But even with that, You'll still find a few crazies :).

I was on aspirin too for preE until the bleeding. I should ask my doctor if I need to start again. My brain is not function properly lately. It also looks like I have a tad bit more MS these past couple of days.

I also don't care that we have an "IVF baby" but am well aware of other people out there being judgmental. I've heard a coworker describe IVF babies as "weird" - now he didn't know that we were undergoing IVF, etc but still, I think there are a lot of very uneducated opinions out there. So it's not that I care that we did IVF, but I wouldn't want somebody to judge our baby for it. In that sense we have kept it fairly quiet, our parents know and a few of our very close friends, but that's it. If only people would learn to mind their own business!

Thanks ILT I have finally managed to do it, I wasn't copying the whole code. Silly me!

I hate people being judgemental on ivf. They obviously have never struggled with infertility. Sometimes people just need a helping hand. Like for us I beleive the sperm just wasn't making the journey all the way to egg. We just needed help for them to find each other..

Ugh. With my DS, I was super private about fertility issues. But, I've now changed my view. I think of it like I'm just differently abled. Some people need glasses to see. Some people need medicine to keep their cholesterol low. I need help with conceiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->