From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

I agree with everyone. it is very unfortunate that some people are so narrow minded. All I want is a happy and safe environment for our babies. :)

Ugh, new red blood. I'm not worried, but I'd prefer not having it. It comes with cramps and fatigue that make me question whether I should go on our family outing this afternoon. Just wanted to whine a bit.

Aww sorry first, where are you going on your outing? Whine away thats what we're here for, I was about to do the same about the tiredness, it feels never-ending and always seems worse when I have a day off

So sorry first. :hugs: Hope you feel better and it stops. I found staying hydrated helped. Enjoy the outing if you do go xx

We went to a waterfront restaurant about an hour away that has a playground next door! Very helpful when you have a toddler. You will all understand about a year or two from now :thumbup:

It was a great time, but I had to sit down a few times and push DH to take DS to the playground (holding a toddler while he's screaming so you can have a beer and chat with buddies does not constitute taking care of him!).

Sorry about the bleeding First. A few more weeks then placenta will starts its 2nd stage growth. Hopefully, the bleeding will stop then.

I'm always tired....been tired for 4 months now :). Unfortunately for me, my MS is back! Much milder than before but enough to stop me from eating anything heavy for dinner. Yuck!

Faith, are you taking extra calcium and iron?

I get the feeling my nausea will never go but I really hope I'm wrong!

How is everyone today?

I also have the feeling my nausea will never go away...still lingering and hanging on. So persistent!

I have my nuchal translucency scan this afternoon so hope to see a big boy in there compared to the gummi bear we saw last time.

Hey 3C :hugs:. Wishing you all the goodness on your scan today. Let us know how you get on xx

3C and Star: your nausea should be gone by 14 weeks. I've got it too, not strong, just constant.

ILT: with twins, I don't know how long MS lasts. Hopefully, yours will be gone soon.

3C: Good luck on the scan. It should be fine considering the PGS.

Sorry about the bleeding First. A few more weeks then placenta will starts its 2nd stage growth. Hopefully, the bleeding will stop then.

I'm always tired....been tired for 4 months now :). Unfortunately for me, my MS is back! Much milder than before but enough to stop me from eating anything heavy for dinner. Yuck!

Faith, are you taking extra calcium and iron?

Hey ilt :wave:

I'm so sorry to hear about your MS. Are you cranking up your b6? I hear Marmite on toast is also a good option if you like that. As for the fatigue, I've no suggestions. I had it bad too but it appears to have stopped now that I'm in my second trimester. My taste buds are still on holiday though :s.

I'm not taking extra calcium or iron. I did a full blood count and everything came back fine. I was so sure my irons were low cos' I was always so shattered. Are you being asked to top up on those? I may have blood pressure medication to look forward to if my BP goes up. I'm praying my acupuncture treatments will prevent this.

Do you get hunger pangs? I'm still going through a large bowl of porridge every night - munching every 2/3 hours. I'm wondering if this is supposed to be preparing me for night time feeding times :)

Aww sorry first, where are you going on your outing? Whine away thats what we're here for, I was about to do the same about the tiredness, it feels never-ending and always seems worse when I have a day off

So sorry to hear about your fatigue star. :hugs: hopefully, it should get better in a fortnight for you. The good thing is you know that your body is working hard building the placenta. I can imagine how frustrating it must be if you're a doer :(. I am. Worst still I have mild ocd ( my way of saying I like things done a certain way :p). Hang in there, not long to go xx

Even though the MS is back, it's not as bad as the first 3 months. I can still walk around but eating is a task. I actually lost the 3lbs that I gained because I wasn't able to eat dinners for the past 4 days. My lunch was sitting in my stomach until really late..like 9 or 10pm and by that time, It was my bed time already.

Faith, I actually don't get up to eat at night. I am usually pretty tired to get up and eat lol. I wish I could though. I was told by 3 different OBs to add calcium and Iron on top of my prenatal since I'd need it later with the twins. They didn't do any test on me yet (or not that I know of). I just started recently because I have a hard time swallowing pills. So, my husband bought me gummy vitamins lol. I need to look into vitamin B6 but feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the vitamins that I need to take lol.

3C, good luck on the NT scan today!

First, how's the bleeding?

Everyone else, Hi :D.

Thank you faith, had my hair cut today and could have fallen asleep but feel better again now, my nausea sounds the same as you ladies, not too severe but more constant and especially when I'm hungry! I seem to be hungrier more though where before I didn't have much of an appetite so hope that is a good sign

Star, it's a good sign. Hopefully, in a few weeks, you won't have anymore MS! :D.

The bleeding has slowed to spotting now. Thanks for asking, ILT.

My ms is worse today. Water made me wanna hurl :haha: But I guess that helps me believe that baby is fine despite the bleed.

Hi, so sorry I've been missing in action. MS has been ruling my life and I've felt so down being stuck at home for weeks and weeks and having no energy to get into anything. It's made it difficult to get excited about the pregnancy too.

Feel slightly better during the afternoons now (although my anti sickness tabs make me doopy). Mornings aren't great but evenings are wiped out with tiredness and nausea that likes to crank up when I want to just go to sleep. Mainly living on crackers with cheese or lately chicken sandwiches for lunch, and for dinner, beans on toast!! (which has to be between 4 and 5o'clock otherwise I feel too ill to eat)!

Roll on 12 weeks and praying it won't keep me like this until 14 or 17 weeks!! Had 1st midwife appt y'day which made it all feel more real, having 1st blood screen on Thurs (not going to be fun the way my sickness is already!) and 12 week scan on 13th May (will be 12+6).

I'm still checking in now and then ladies so glad you are ok, just not feeling the excitement at the moment and don't want to bring anyone else down with me x

Bump - so sorry your MS has been so bad. It's amazing how something so little can have such a huge impact. I totally understand your exhaustion as well - there were days I would go to bed at night and just cry because I was so nauseous and so tired.

FirstTry - do they scan you more often to track the hematoma size? I hope it resolves itself asap. I have a friend whose persisted to about 16 weeks and it drove her nuts but her baby boy was just fine.

ILT - my husband loves gummy vitamins. He eats them like candy...I am sure this is not as they are meant to be consumed, lol.

My NT went great. Baby looks human and was crazy active so it took forever to get him into the correct position. I am 12w4d but measuring 13w0d with a heartbeat of 164. NT measurement was within the normal range so now just have to wait for the accompanying blood work. Because of PGS this is the one thing I have NOT been super paranoid about. Going back next week for another ultrasound as I have a requisition for weekly scans for as long as I feel like going.

3C: I haven't had my first appointment with the OB, so I don't know what the plan is yet. I'm hoping the SCH really is no big deal like the RE said.

Glad your scan went well!

Bump: please feel free to share, even if you're feeling negative. Pregnancy is tough, not always like the movies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->