From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

First - which genetics lab did you use for your PGS? Ours didn't recommend an amnio. You're probably right it could be for liability reasons but the lawyer in me also finds it strange that they'd recommend something which in itself carries risk (so swapping one form of liability for another).

I had my weekly scan today and am measuring 4 days ahead (14w1d) with a HB of 156. All looked good so I will be back there in 10 days for the next one. Was nice seeing the little guy again although he was not cooperative with getting a good pic.

Natera. I think they're in California. Which one did you use?

We used Genesis Genetics (in Michigan).

We needed to do testing for UPD, which not all labs do. It tests not only that there are 23 pairs of chromosomes, but that one of each pair comes from the mother and one from the father.

First, good luck on the amnio! One time needle insert is not too bad actually :).

3C, yaayy for baby measuring ahead. Btw, have you guys picked a name yet?

We have not picked out a name, don't really like a lot of boys names! Had girls names all nicely lined up...

ILT - do you get preliminary results from the amnio or have to wait until the final?

3C: boys names were tough for us with DS. We only liked one. But since then, I met another baby at a story hour at the library who had a cool name, so I'm stealing it if this is another boy. But a big restriction for us is that my DH insists on Jewish names. Otherwise, DS would be named Spencer. I love that name!

But a big restriction for us is that my DH insists on Jewish names. Otherwise, DS would be named Spencer. I love that name!

I like that name a lot!

It's funny you say that about Jewish names. Friends of ours who are pretty conservative Jews just had a boy and named him Patrick. Then my really close friend from our law school days just had a boy and named him Patrick (Chinese ethnicity). My Mom makes polymer clay art, a lot of things like wedding toppers but also stuff for baby rooms and she always makes something for my friends' kids. She is this little pious Catholic old lady and was like "first a Jewish Patrick and then a Chinese Patrick, I am so confused!" :haha:

3C! LOL! Your mom is funny :D. yea...boys name are pretty hard to come by. I liked Noah, Henry, and Oliver. I have to wait for the result. A few more days then the genetic consultant will call me with the result. My doctor called yesterday to check in on me and see if I was getting nervous about the result. Told her since the other perinataologis, geneticist, genetic consultant, and herself told me that the babies look fine, I was pretty relax :).

First, Spencer is a good name! :D

I have another doctor's appointment today for ultrasound then my 20 weeks ultrasound next week. I think the hospital is my second home now :D.

3C! LOL! Your mom is funny :D. yea...boys name are pretty hard to come by. I liked Noah, Henry, and Oliver. I have to wait for the result. A few more days then the genetic consultant will call me with the result. My doctor called yesterday to check in on me and see if I was getting nervous about the result. Told her since the other perinataologis, geneticist, genetic consultant, and herself told me that the babies look fine, I was pretty relax :).

First, Spencer is a good name! :D

I have another doctor's appointment today for ultrasound then my 20 weeks ultrasound next week. I think the hospital is my second home now :D.

Good luck, ILT.

I know what you mean about the Drs appointments. In the next week, I have a glucose tolerance test (bc of my previous GD), NT scan, high risk OB appt, and my first weekly physical therapy (because I pee when I sneeze ever since giving birth to DS...sorry for TMI)!

So, I tried the home Doppler last night, but am still only getting my own heartbeat.

First - maybe ask at your NT ultrasound whether your placenta is anterior? That would sure explain the lack of doppler HB.

They told me on Monday that my placenta is now actually at the top of my uterus, no longer anterior. It's not that it moves but that I have a retroverted uterus, which "self-corrects" as the fetus gets bigger so the walls sort of rotate around a bit. Pretty happy about that, means I should be able to feel movement regularly when the time comes. :)

Thats good news about the placenta 3chords :)

Ilt, sounds like the amnio results will be fine, can't believe your nearly half way there!

First, I'm sure you will find heartbeat soon, could just too early still :)

Afm, not alot going on just waiting for Friday's scan :)

Ah, star, where did the time go, you're already at 12 weeks! Amazing! Can't wait to see pics from your appt. :)

Hey ladies

Star good luck with your scan. Mine is on tues, can't wait to see baby again and hopefully everything is ok and I get a wee bit peace of mind.

Think a lot of us will have scans soon.

ILT how did you to 18 weeks already? Time is flying for you. Do you have a wee bump yet? I can't wait to get mine rather than just looking fat!

Just popped in to check on you ladies & happy to see everyone is doing well <3 :hugs:

3chords, I really dont know where the time has gone, its flying by!

Cmo, yay for your 12w scan too :) this is the one ive been waiting for, even though seen baby twice I'm nervous again today, hoping everything will be well tomorrow

Beneath, thank you for checking in on us, hope your ok, sending big hugs xx

New blood (with cramping) last night. I'm still not letting it worry me, but I'd prefer not to have it.

Hope your ok first, did they say how long it could go on fpr or is there not an answer? The cramps are probably from the blood irritating things and working its way out, hope it stops for you soon though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->