From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Faith glad to hear babies are doing well. Did you say you finish work next month? Is that to start maternity leave?

I've bought a few neutral outfits but not thought as far as hospital bag. Does anyone know if hospitals in the UK supply nappies etc while your there or do you take your own?

I haven't bought a whole ton of clothes - we did get quite a few things from some friends but I will wait until after the baby shower because people typically bring loads of newborn clothes. Haven't really thought about the going home outfit because all the clothes in the stores now are for the summer and I'm in Canada so he'll definitely need something warmer at the end of October. I'll probably look for a cute outfit in September when the fall stuff comes out.

Both girls are now kicking as if "....and everyone was Kung-fu fighting" is playing on loop in my belly. I'm enjoying it so far :).

We've started on the nursery. Cot beds have been set up and we got the buggy with 3 attachments - car seats,carry cots and seats, bassinets, bedding and mobiles. I'm yet to buy things for the hospital bag. Anyone bought what to wear on leaving the hospital? And for your babies?

I just wore maternity clothes. You'll still be big, like at least 6 months pregnant.

Ive bought a few neutral bits too and my sister has given me some and quite a few cute knitted cardigans made by her Lo's nan, I wont buy anymore til he/she is here now and use 1 of the outfits ive fot fpr coming home, afm it will probably be leggings and a comfy jumper!

How is everyone? I feel like nothing has changed for me the last few weeks, no new symptoms just a bit bigger lol, looking forward to next Fridays scan
I'm off work atm for 10 days so dh hasnt worked either, last few days have been lazing around the beach under my big umbrella and a book so feels like I'm having a good break
Hope you're all well xx

Hey ladies hope you're all well!

I'm busy stocking up on little bits and bobs for baby when I'm out shopping and need advice. I'm not a snob at all, I'm normally one for buying cheaper brands rather than more expensive options but baby stuff seems to be different for me.

What do you think about shops own brands of:
1- nappies, pampers or shops own brands? I've heard that asda little angels and aldi own brand are good. Any advice?
2 - baby toiletries, the snob in me has been buying johnsons baby wipes, bubble bath etc only because they've been on offer but what do u all think of shops own brands?

I know in time I'll end up probably trying cheaper options but just wondered if any of you have previous experience/ advice?

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I dissappeared for a bit. Carpal tunnel finally put me on short term disability and make my right hand useless.can't type much, hold a spoon longer than 10 minutes, or drive comfortably. Otherwise it's been pretty busy on my side. We finally moved. So still busy trying to unpack both of our stuff and trying not to do too much. I'm on preterm labor watch until 37 weeks...I think. Lots of restrictions. No cooking more than 20 minutes, no vigorous cleaning, have to lay down twice a day to check for contractions, no heavy lifting, and can only do 2 loads of laundry per day. I still walk 30 minutes on daily basis and did my first prenatal yoga last saturday.

Faith, I can relate with the kicking. Babies are kicking much stronger now. They are on track with their weight and as big as a regular baby for each of them. My OB expected them to be 10% smaller but ....no...2 regular size babies in my belly.

Before we found out that we were having twins, we were planning to do an FET 6 month after I gave birth. Now, well...if we win a lottery, we might try for a 3rd kid :).

I bought some clothes for the girls already but in multiple sizes. Might need to buy more newborn clothes though. But almost finish with buying all the items needed for the babies. We did get a few nice toys from garage sales and consignment sale. Going for another consignment sale this weekend. I think toys and other durable items don't need to be brand new. I'm excited to decorate the nursery. Anyone is done with the nursery?

ILT: so sorry about the carpal tunnel! But glad the babies are doing great.

CMo and ILT: I use a lot of Target brand products for my DS, including soaps and diapers and formula (from months 7-12, after I weened...it was 1/2 the price!).

The majority of DS's clothes and toys were used, either from relatives, purchased from my local moms group, or even a few items from Goodwill (outfits for $0.50).

I insisted that car seats and the crib mattress be new, for safety. The mattress concern is mildew or mold. I didn't want DS breathing it as he slept.

I assume that no one has been posting because our pregnancies are going well. Hooray!!!

I'm the same as you first, mattress & car seat was the only thing I was really desperate to be brand new. We ended up with new pram, cot etc since no one we know has one they're not using. My friend is giving me her breast pump and a few bits and pieces so I don't need to fork out on something I'll maybe not use for long.

Nothing new to report from me, 20 week scan is a week on thurs. beginning to get a bit of a bump finally. It's good not to just look fat!

Cmo, I'm unsure on brands but 'o'd say the nappies were worth a go to see how they are, ill probs get Johnson's toiletries but when theyre on offer can be as cheap as own brands, also with Tesco you can get the points and double the vouchers, so far ive got about £50 in vouchers and will keep saving them til they do a boost on baby bits and double them up!

Ive got most things new and only things I haven't is what my sister has given me but everything I have got has been on sale, I'm going to get my tommee tippee breast pump from amazon as its only £50 as half price

Your scan is the day before mine cmo, I cant wait but as usual im scared!

Ive just babysat my 3yr old nephew and 8month old niece for 24 hours to give my sister a break, getting the practice in and it went well :)

Ive made a list of what else I need to get from the mothercare app and working my way through it when I see things on sale
Ive been waiting 3 weeks for my furniture and made 4 phone calls last week where someone was meant to ring me back and didnt 4 times, I'm about to e mail a complaint and the hormones are making me really angry about it! Otherwise I havent started the nursery yet

Ilt, your carpal tunnel sounds awful, just glad you and babies are generally well and they're a great weight!

Faith glad to hear babies are doing well. Did you say you finish work next month? Is that to start maternity leave?

I've bought a few neutral outfits but not thought as far as hospital bag. Does anyone know if hospitals in the UK supply nappies etc while your there or do you take your own?
I'm self employed and my contract ends next month. Getting a new one with a bump would be a challenge. I'm also tired of standing on the train - yes, my lot stare intently into their iPads, kindles and if you can their eye, it's quickly adverted. A 'baby on board' badge plus the bump no longer carries much swagger :(.

My lovely friends have asked that I prepare a baby registry list so they can chip in which is nice. Buying 2 of nearly everything does add up.
Has anyone had their fundal height measured yet!

ILT - I have also developed carpal tunnel. It is really affecting me at night, I wake up like 100 times with totally numb or tingling hands. It also sometimes creeps in during the evenings if I'm not moving around a lot. If it starts to impact my daily activities I may also have to go off work early.

star25 - we also haven't started the nursery yet although DH has emptied out 75% of the furniture from that room and will do the rest this weekend. Then I will put tape over all the woodwork and my brother and SIL will paint in July (they are teachers and will be off work). I don't want to think about furniture until after it's all painted because it's a pain in the butt to move things around.

faith77 - so nice (and generous!) of your friends about the registry. :) I have had my fundal height measured at my 20 week appointment and it was a bit over 20 cm which made sense as I am measuring 6 days ahead according to the anatomy scan. I imagine you are measuring well ahead with two babes!

ILT carpel tunnel sounds awful. Hope your doing ok.

I've keep getting pins and needles in the top of my left thigh. Normally when I'm on the go at work. It's now started feeling more like a sharp burning sensation.

My next question for you all....are you going to use baby monitors? Any advice on best ones? Ones for sound or ones that detect movements?

Cmo - I'm on the hunt for a monitor too. I hear the Tommy Tipee one is good - the video one with a pressure sensor as well. I'm not able to find one for twins yet so we might have to buy two which won't come cheap :(. Ho- hum.
If you want the link, let me know and I'll dig it out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ke+sparkle&dpPl=1&dpID=41OEtM-7akL&ref=plSrch

Dont know if that will wwork cmo but if not search 'annke sparkle' on amazon and look at top one on list, not sure what they're like but absolute bargain!

Cmo, yayy for bump! Mine was little for 5 months then it grew overnight. Now people can see for sure that I'm pregnant. More like....when are you due kinda question lol.

First, I have no problem using target products. I heard their diapers are pretty good. I think we'll try a pack of each brand to see which one we like the most. Especially costco one since they are the cheapest.

3c, try the wrist brace. They are very helpful. I have to wear them 24 hours now. Cold compress on the wrist also help. Hopefully yours won't get too bad.

Faith, my doctors never bothered to measure my fundal height :(. I'd love for them to do that but they prefer ultrasound.

For baby monitor I bought Summer Infant with dual screen. So the monitor has a split screen. Perfect for 2 babies. 1 monitor with 2 cameras. I finally bought the other crib. Am thinking to start babies' room next week. I currently have weekly called from my nurse making sure I'm not experiencing preterm labor, biweekly appointment with the OB, and monthly ultrasound to measure the babies. Then, we are taking a tour of the labor & delivery unit tonight. I also signed up for breastfeeding, newborn care, and labor and delivery classes. It seems that things are starting to pick up on my side. My doctor did tell me that they would induce me at 38 weeks if there were no sign of labor.

I was looking forward to things being normal again. But who am I kidding! 2 kids on my way....nothing is going to be the same anymore but I'm looking forward toward the challenges :)

Hi ladies, 20 wk scan went well ( well 19w 2d scan)
Everything is looking healthy and we caved and found out the sex and were having a girl! So shocked as was certain it was a boy, just glad everything is healthy

Hope you're all well xx

Star, congrats!!!!! How exciting.

AFM: I started my bcp last night so finally started the FET cycle! Hopefully I'll be popping in in August with bfp news!

Thank you beneath, thats great news for you, you'll soon have your bfp! Xx

That's splendid news star :). Like you, I was so sure I was having boys cos' of my hunger pangs. Congratulations!!! I'm so glad your scan went well too. Another 5 weeks or so and you'll be celebrating V-day :D.

Beneath - so,so happy for you. Will be keeping fingers crossed for you for an August BFP :hugs:

Aw star congratulations! A little girl is fab!

Beneath so glad your starting again. Got everything crossed for u!

I've got my 20 scan on Thursday. I'm convinced it's a boy I'm having but going to keep it a surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->