From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Hey ladies

Scan today went fab. Baby looking very comfy and measuring correctly. Never found out the sex so still another 20 weeks to wait! Was lying upside down on its wee tummy!
Lady doing scan couldn't decide if the placenta was just blocking the way a little for baby to come out so she's going to scan me again at 36 weeks just to be sure but she thought all was ok.

Are any of you booking a 3d/4d scan?

I won't be doing the 3d/4d scan, mostly because I find them a bit creepy haha. Though some people really do get amazing photos out of them.

Hi ladies

How are you all doing?

Can't beleive we are all over half way. It felt so far away at the beginning

I also have anterior placenta am but can't still feel movement and kicks and baby was kicking the remote control on my belly yesterday.

I am team pink too! I thought I was having a boy.

Take care ladies xx

3chords thank god someone else thinks they're creepy! Thought I was the only person in the world! The only reason I'm thinking of getting one is because it's a long way to go now without a scan, although now I'll get one at 36 weeks. With having 3 scans so far I'm thinking I'll drive myself nuts with worry if I don't keep seeing the baby. Although we will get to hear the heartbeat with the midwife and hopefully I start to feel some movement soon! The clinic in edinburgh has a half price sale just now so it's only £69 for the basic package so I'm still thinking about it, def wouldn't pay full price for one!

Congratulations Kaye! Another little girl for us!!

I'm more convinced I'm having a boy now since there are so many girls amongst us! DH is convinced he saw a wee boy bit on the scan at the very start. God knows how as the woman was whizzing about so quick that there were bits where I didn't even have a clue which part of the baby she was looking at!

Hello all, great news on scan cmo, I wont book a 3d scan as im having a scan tues as part of the clinical trial I done and they change the screen to 3d as well as normal, I saw her 3d at 14 weeks so will be so different next week

Kaye congratulations! Such good news

I'm getting fed up of not feeling movement :( will ask at next scan , I'm
Probably just being impatient, sometimes I think I feel something but nothing certain

I find lying on my back at 10 ish at night is her most active time. You will feel her soon x

I think I may have just felt 2 faint kicks, on the side so could have been, lets hope ots starting to happen now! I probably missed all the fluttering stage because of the anterior placenta as this felt more like a kick xx

Beneath, how are you? How long do you take bcp for?

Beneath, how are you? How long do you take bcp for?

Hi sweety! I am good. Last pill is tomorrow night. I started Lupron on Thursday. My next appointment is on the 9th and then I start the Estrogen. It's going by!

That is going quick beneath! lots of luck to you xx

Beneath - you'll be done this cycle in no time! I also think that time goes by way faster in the summer.

CMo - I'm also only getting one more scan, at 32 weeks. I do find it strange, especially because I had so many early scans. But now that I feel him moving every day I feel a bit less paranoid. And I do still have my doppler to confirm the heartbeat is there anytime I want.

I just assembled the Mamaroo I bought brand new on Kijiji. I'm surprised by how little room it takes - I mean that was a main reason for getting it but in person it's even more impressive, so yay! Now that I've confirmed it works fine, I will pack it back up so it isn't collecting dust. I will also do all the taping/prepping of the nursery walls this week as we're getting them painted on the 13th. I think that it will feel a bit more real then!

Fets are a lot easier beneath, although mine actually took longer than stimming but still easier :)

3c, I was thinking about starting painting nursery next week, dont want to leave it too long, waiting fpr dh to take apart a single bed thats in there though so could be waiting a while!

My sister gave me loads of newborn babygros and vests so I now have about 30 newborn babygros amd over 20 vests! Luckily I will only be dressing her in babygros and knitted cardigans for the first 3 months as it looks so cute and will save dressing in more proper clothes til about 3 months or so, especially as it will be winter anyway, also got quite a few of the sleeping bags so wont hAbe to put on too many blankets at night, I'm just getting so imaptient already, I know time has been going quick ao I just hope it carries on!

Morning ladies, hows everyones weekend been?

I had weekend off for a change,meant to be every other but we're short atm and as I only work 8-2 shifts now its not so bad, had a quiet one, yesterday walked dog, housework and then babysat my nephew whos 7 and took him to see the new Jurassic park, thats the thing with being pregnant youre first on the list for babysitting as they know you've got nothing better to do while they go out on the town! This weds ive got my other 3 yr old nephew and 8 month old niece overnight which I dont mind as my nephew likes to sleep about 13 hrs a night lol if not more and my niece will wake once or twice, mainly for a bottle but that just gives me more practice!

Ive got my scan at clinic Tuesday so looking forward to seeing my little girl again and it will be my last scan, next midwife appointment 24 day's later so no doubt I'll have a panic in that time until I hear
heartbeat again unless I'm feeling proper regular movement by then!

When does thurs tri start? Is it different for UK and US as sure ive read either 25 weeks and 28 ?

Hey ladies

Had a good weekend so far. Had a friends hen night last night, def strange being the sober one for a change!

Still not sure if I'm feeling any movement yet. Been drinking ice cold drinks and eating ice by the bucket load to try and make baby move!

We're going to start the room in 2 weeks. We both have 2 weeks off so going to decorate our room first then the baby's. Think we might just do it cream for now and buy curtains, light shade etc once baby is here so we can get a colour. Won't be using the room for the first few months anyway so plenty of time.

I feel tour frustration on the movement cmo! Sometimes I think I have flet something but then I dont feel it again for days so think it must be something else lol

CMo: I feel him most when I lie on my back, and rolling left and right to wake him up helps too. Good luck!

Beneath: so excited to see your BFP!

Star: (you may already know this, but) due to the risk of SIDS, the only blankets baby should have are the wearable ones, like a sleep sack. In the crib should only be a mattress that fits snug and a tight fitting sheet.

We gave DS his first blanket at over 12 months, and it's hand knit with lots of tiny holes, so even if he got tangled in it, he could still breathe. We gave him a small pillow at 16 months.

AFM, we had an Amnio done two weeks ago tomorrow. This baby better be perfectly healthy. I couldn't handle if he were not. I expect partial results this week and thd remainder next week. Fingers crossed!!!

First sorry if I missed something but why were u having amnio?

Now I knew about not using blankets for babies just the kind of sleeping bag sort of things that they wear but what do u use for newborns in Moses baskets to keep them warm?

Hope results go well first, I'm sure they will be perfect
ive got a few of the wearable sleeping bags so will just use them, my upstairs is always quite warm so shouldnt need anything else
I'm going to get all new mattresses for the crib and Moses basket my sister has given me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->