From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

I will get a few Aden & Anais sleep bags and a friend gave me a Grobag sleep bag which I'll use in my bassinet.

First sorry if I missed something but why were u having amnio?

Now I knew about not using blankets for babies just the kind of sleeping bag sort of things that they wear but what do u use for newborns in Moses baskets to keep them warm?

Well, you usually swaddle a newborn on top of clothing. That should be enough. Some people swaddle babies until they can roll over (about 3-4 months), but my DS would break out of the swaddle, so we stopped after 2 weeks. You'll figure out what works best for your baby :)

First sorry if I missed something but why were u having amnio?

Now I knew about not using blankets for babies just the kind of sleeping bag sort of things that they wear but what do u use for newborns in Moses baskets to keep them warm?

The PGS testing company recommends amnio to confirm their results (I think it's for liability). And my DH is anxious about possible issues due to my translocation, though it shouldn't be an issue given the PGS results. Anyway, I hope this is just overkill.

Cmo, I was considering having a 3D scan so that my MIL could get a bit more involved. I think some of the places also offer regular scan but advertised it less since it's cheaper. 3D is definitely weird looking :).

Kaye! Congrats on the little girl!

First, yay for the negative amnio result. Can totally relate!

Sorry for the lack of personals. I hope everyone is doing well.

The hospital room is my permanent home starting a couple of days ago until I give birth to the twins. Unfortunately, baby A's water broke at 3:10am on Wednesday. I had been feeling weird the past few days but didn't have any major contractions. Just lots of tightening and feeling like I need to pee all the time. It also felt like my lower stomach was a bit heavy. Anyway, we rushed to our hospital, admitted to triage, and the RA took samples from the cervix. We were told that the samples were negative for amniotic fluid. I explained again that I was in deep sleep when I felt gush of liquid coming out, rush to the bathroom while the liquid kept coming, sat on the toilet and felt another big gush followed by a few small ones. It didn't smell like pee. It was clear and felt a bit sticky. So the chief of OBGYN came in and redid the test 30 minutes later. Cervix was closed but my water did break (rupture). My contractions started as soon as DH put me on the wheelchair and pushed me toward the double doors of the hospital (45 minutes after my water break). Mild contractions only.

Because of the rapture, I have to stay at the hospital due to risk of infections. I was given magnesium to stop contractions, IV, antibiotic, and steroid for the babies. Now we are just waiting. Every day they stay inside is a win :). We are crossing all of our fingers. Luckily, we bought everything already. Just need to put it together but that can wait. So that's my experience with preterm labor. Hopefully no one else will experience it.

ILT - how scary!!! Hope your ok and babies stay in for as long as possible. Thinking of you x

Omg, ILT! Sending prayers your way!! Hope those little girls stayed snugged in as long as possible and come out as healthy as ever!!! Fx!

Oh no, ILT! Thank goodness you are past 24 weeks and that you recognized what was happening and made it to the hospital. Praying for your little ones!!!

ILT, I am thinking of you and your little girls! I hope they stay in as long as possible (and healthy) for them so that they arrive nice and big. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Ladies. There was no time to be in panic mode these past couple of days. We spoke to various doctors, including the neonatalogist and my pernatalogists. They were all very nice and explained things thoroughly. It seems like a regular occasion to them and it definitely calmed me down. We were given 3 different scenarios and waiting to pass the first one, which was...let's get through friday and if you are not having contractions that means that you have no infection and babies can stay longer. I'll be 28 weeks on monday and so looking forward to it.

Luckily, we painted the babies room....tiffany blue color as an accent wall only. We have white and grey cribs and other white furniture in there. I washed the majority of the clothes and glad that I bought a few premies clothes. Otherwise, we are still unpack for the house! My diaper pail is coming today. Anyone ever used a Bubula before?

Good luck, ILT!

If they are in the NICU, you will have time to get your house ready.

glad to hear you're getting well looked after ilt, hope babies stay snuggled for a bit longer but I'm sure they will be fighting fit when they're ready to meet their mummy xx

I had my scan on Tuesday and all is well, at the clinic they scan in 3d too but only managed to get one good pic in 3d as she literally wouldn't keep still the whole time
also last night I felt a definite kick and a few today, for once it wasn't something I could be mistaking for something else and it was at the front so she's probably strong enough for me to feel it being placenta or she kicked just under placenta

ill post scan pic later as wont work, hope everyone else is ok

think its worked

Attachments

• 21w.jpg
    21w.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 9
First, that's what we were thinking too! Thankfully my MIL has been a big help.

So far the babies are staying in. Yayy. They've been pretty active so hopefully no infection on my side so we can keep them in longer.

I did just find out that I was anemic. It gaves me restless leg syndrome. It's not painful but very annoying when your legs kept twiching at night by itself!

Star, awesome scan! Love the 3D! It feels weird to start feeling them move huh? I think that's the 1 thing that I will miss the most regarding pregnancy :).

ILT - yay on the babies continuing to cook. Stay in girls! And frankly for me, feeling the movement will be the ONLY thing I miss about pregnancy hahaha!

star - pretty cool to see the little face!!

Thank u ladies, shes a cutie as all are babies are :)

Good news ilt, bet you cant wait to meet them, though just not yet!

3c, I only really feel kicks when I'm laying down atm but thats more than what I was and its in the middle so the placenta isnt stopping me feel them anymore

That's great star! My little guy is also active when I lie down on my side. His movement is much more predictable now, I can tell when he's sleeping and when he's awake. My DH is kind of a hyper on-the-go person so I feel like this baby will be much of the same.

Ilt - just catching up and saw your post. I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I'm glad you've got the right people round you to explain what's going on. Will be praying for you :hugs:

Hi ladies. Just catching up on everyone's posts.

Ilt what a time your having! How are you? Babies behaving and staying put?

Hi CMo! How are you doing?

ILT, I hope all is well and babies are still baking and you're not too uncomfortable on bed rest.

Not much happening here. Have my 24 week appt with my OB tomorrow. Almost at viability day!

Yay for viability, 3C!!!

Thinking of you, ILT.

AFM, the first round of Amnio results came back normal :dance: The second round should be in this week. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->