From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Ohhhh...I'll definitely be watching that show. Love it!

My BP goes up and down on daily basis but never really too high. I think its the protein in my urine that push it over the edge.

My bump has definitely grown these past 2 weeks. I wasn't able to tell until we took that pic. There is no full length mirror in the hospital room!

Ladies, definitely pack a sweat shirt for your DHs. My nurses have been telling me that your body temp will stay pretty high after delivery. I can walk around w/ a sleeveless dress & DH is covered from head to toe w/ blanket lol.

How are you doing Faith?

ILT: you're doing great! Already a hard working mama! If you are able to deliver vaginally, hopefully the first will clear the way for the second and she'll just pop out :thumbup:

ILT glad babies are doing well. Not be too long until you meet them. So exciting!

Think I'll watch one born this time. I've never before cos other people having babies used to just remind me that I wasn't!

Can you believe how far we've come! This time last year we were just handing in samples of sperm and waiting for our initial hospital consultation in sept, now I should be getting ready for a midwife appt but don't want to get up cos wee baby is moving about lots as I'm lying. Truly a miracle when u think that the odds are automatically stacked against you when they give u only a 40% chance of IVF working. As you can tell I'm deep in thought today lol

Cmo, I still sometimes suddenly think to myself oh yeah I'm actually pregnant!
So unbelievable, my due date is 1 yr and 2 weeks after my EC, our little miracles!

I also can't believe it. Last July we were having a miscarriage from the first IVF cycle (at 10+ weeks). I was so down then, I just didn't see how we were going to ever get there. Incredible how much can change in a year.

Hear hear ladies! I'm hoping to see a few more from our old IVF group. Hopefully BMW will join us soon! I should go back and check on them a bit.

I am pretty confident that we are all going to be awesome parents. We have years to watch how other people deal with their kids. DH and I already discussed how we want to discipline the girls, what we envisioned for their future but nothing set in stone, etc. DH already looked at the schools around our house and what kind of sports that they could join. He said that he wanted to do swimming lessons with the babies called Daddy and Me when they are babies.

Aw that is so cute! And I agree with you, I think we've all probably had a lot more time to really contemplate having a baby and being parents than many other people. So while it sucked to have to be on this journey, it will be worth it in the end.

My DH used to play AAA hockey until he tore his achilles tendon so the one thing we'd both love is for him to teach the little guy how to skate. Plus I have to admit I nearly die of cuteness when I see Timbits hockey (the little toddlers and 3/4 year olds playing especially). They can barely stay up on the ice and kind of waddle around. So adorable.

Hey ladies, I'm panicking again as didnt feel much movement yesterday and today maybe a small kick that I could have imagined but thats all, is this normal? I'm going to call midwife if dont feel anything more tonight, hate all this worry, soon as I start to feel ok something sets me off!

Hear hear ladies! I'm hoping to see a few more from our old IVF group. Hopefully BMW will join us soon! I should go back and check on them a bit.

I am pretty confident that we are all going to be awesome parents. We have years to watch how other people deal with their kids. DH and I already discussed how we want to discipline the girls, what we envisioned for their future but nothing set in stone, etc. DH already looked at the schools around our house and what kind of sports that they could join. He said that he wanted to do swimming lessons with the babies called Daddy and Me when they are babies.

Thanks for the shout out, ILT! I'm here. I'm silently lurking and patiently waiting to join you ladies again. I have my lining check Friday and transfer Wednesday if all is well! FX!

So exciting beneath, good luck with lining check! Xx

Just felt something so ill stop freaking out for a while:blush:

Star I was at the midwife today and she said that before about 24weeks feeling movement can vary from day to day cos it's still not strong movements. She said we should see a good pattern from 24 weeks on.

I'm still not sure what I'm feeling. I think it's wee kicks but could still be my imagination. Wish they were stronger so I knew for definate.

So exciting beneath, good luck with lining check! Xx

Just felt something so ill stop freaking out for a while:blush:

Thanks, hun!

Hope you start feeling a lot more movement soon for some reassurement!

BMW, I have all my fingers crossed for you!

Star, what Cmo said. I didn't feel lots of movements until a few weejs ago. Before that, I noticed that they were usually kicking around noon and night time. Especially after food and our night walk. Plus, you usually don't do movement counts until 28 weeks. But glad that you felt movements :).

Cmo, I felt more movement if I lay on my left side or when I close my eyes and concentrate a bit.

First and Faith, how are things?

3c, I'm picturing little toddlers in the ring. Bet it's too cute!

Thank you ladies, always make me feel better, also had about 5 strong kicks this morning in Bed so I'm happy again :)

Hope you're all well today xx

Hey ladies, I'm panicking again as didnt feel much movement yesterday and today maybe a small kick that I could have imagined but thats all, is this normal? I'm going to call midwife if dont feel anything more tonight, hate all this worry, soon as I start to feel ok something sets me off!

It's all normal, including the part where you freak out! If you were feeling tons of movement every day and then stopped feeling it, that would make me worry. But it sounds like you haven't reached the tons of movement stage yet.

Important FYI for everyone. We just bought this last month and have not anchored it to the wall yet. Operation get-DH-to-get-it-sorted is underway. Aka get whining and nagging :rofl:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...epair-recall-chest-dresser-tipovers/30497445/

BMW, I have all my fingers crossed for you!

Star, what Cmo said. I didn't feel lots of movements until a few weejs ago. Before that, I noticed that they were usually kicking around noon and night time. Especially after food and our night walk. Plus, you usually don't do movement counts until 28 weeks. But glad that you felt movements :).

Cmo, I felt more movement if I lay on my left side or when I close my eyes and concentrate a bit.

First and Faith, how are things?

3c, I'm picturing little toddlers in the ring. Bet it's too cute!

Hey ilt :flower:,

Good to hear from you :hugs:. How are you doing? The girls? Has your ob proposed a birth plan yet? Too early for me now. I have to wait till next month.

I'm doing okay. I'm finally putting on more weight - the tweedles are fine - the frequency of the kicks are increasing. Loving it but it still freaks me a bit (this is what happens when you watched Alien as a teenager way too many times :rofl:).
Like you, I get movement after meals :).

I've got my whooping cough shot coming up next week. Planning to get it done late in the week so I can use the weekend to recover. Heard stories of it hurting a lot afterwards. Are you going to get one?

Planning to raid mothercare today to make the most of what's left in the sale. I just realised most of my friends who'd planned to buy items off my registry are on holiday and so most of the items I selected are sold out. Sigh :(. #firstWorldProblems.

Is anyone attending any breastfeeding classes?

Fxx

Hi faith, I'm sure u will get dh on the case quick!
How was the mothercare raid?

How is everyone else today?

I'm feeling better as had non stop kicks and movement yesterday and more this morning before I got up, my next midwife appointment is a week Monday, cant believe I will be nearly 25 weeks by then!

faith - I also always think of Alien when I feel the baby move. It really is such a bizarre but cool thing!

I failed my glucose challenge test on Wednesday so I did the full glucose tolerance test today. To be perfectly honest I am expecting to fail it because this is very genetic in our family - my Mom and her Mom both have/had type 2 diabetes, my Mom failed the tests when pregnant with me and I tested my fasting blood glucose level with my Mom's blood monitor this morning and juuuuust failed. So I suppose when I inevitably get the results on Monday it will at least be a borderline fail? I'm readying myself for diet modification, I figure it's less than 14 wks to go and low carbs never killed anybody. I'm already having a c-section anyway so if I do have GD and baby is on the bigger side, shouldn't matter much. Of course I want to avoid other issues...always something to worry about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->