From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Hi 3C: that's the right attitude. It's just about managing your diet and maybe taking meds. As long as you manage the glucose, it's a non-issue. I had GD with my DS and followed a very strict diet. But I still had to take medicine for my fasting glucose. In the end, my son was 50th percentile for weight!

Thanks FirstTry, that's great! Did he have any respiratory issues? That's really my only other big concern.

I'm "lucky" in the sense that because my mom is type 2, she has followed strict meal plans for many years and I can just hop on that bandwagon and follow her lead.

Thanks FirstTry, that's great! Did he have any respiratory issues? That's really my only other big concern.

I'm "lucky" in the sense that because my mom is type 2, she has followed strict meal plans for many years and I can just hop on that bandwagon and follow her lead.

Fortunately, DS has never had any medical issues :dance:

Hi all

3c, I have mine in Aug, fasting the night before then have a 2 hour wait after drinking the drink, I'm gonna be soo hungry and bored that morning! My grandad was type 1 and my brother is type 1 so a bit of a worry, the other evening I felt strange all of a sudden too and pretty sure it was because my sugar levels had gone too low, was so weak shaky and felt Ill but it wasnt the hunger type feeling, had some orange juice and sweets and felt better after, fingers crossed were both fine!

star, I think you are at a lower risk if you have type 1 in your family than type 2 so I hope all goes well for you!

I officially got diagnosed with "borderline gestational diabetes". I juuuuust failed the fasting and 2 hr test but passed the 1 hr test. I am hoping to see an endocrinologist this week, else it will be in 2 weeks after my vacation. They didn't seem concerned about the timing since I was already going on a meal plan and my numbers don't warrant medication at this point. Will still be good to see the endocrinologist regularly for monitoring.

star, I think you are at a lower risk if you have type 1 in your family than type 2 so I hope all goes well for you!

I officially got diagnosed with "borderline gestational diabetes". I juuuuust failed the fasting and 2 hr test but passed the 1 hr test. I am hoping to see an endocrinologist this week, else it will be in 2 weeks after my vacation. They didn't seem concerned about the timing since I was already going on a meal plan and my numbers don't warrant medication at this point. Will still be good to see the endocrinologist regularly for monitoring.

I knew nothing about diabetes when I got my diagnosis. And I cried for 3 days straight, while walking the neighborhood after every meal. I was quite a sight for the neighbors!

It's good that you already understand so much about controlling your sugars. Good luck!

Thats a shame 3c but sure you know what you're doing to take best care of yourself
Thats the thing about it being in the family, you understand it and know what to expect, think thats why wasnt worried about the stimming injections as my brother has been injecting his insulin every day since he was 10 so I didnt feel I could complain about a couple of weeks!

Getting so many kicks and movement now, a lot more regular yay!

Star glad you're getting more movement. I'm the same now, think they're probably about strong enough at night for dh to feel. I'm noticing a wee pattern developing as well. Only slight movement in the morning then get a few kicks around lunch time and dinner time then really lively about 10pm. I'm glad I'm noticing a pattern but also find myself clock watching and panicking if I don't feel anything at the normal times.

Hi ladies, I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Sorry for the lack of personals. It's been a long few days.

So the babies are out! They decided to come out on Saturday night. They weight 2lbs 6 oz and 2lbs 8oz. If only they could hold on for a few more weeks, they would have weight close to 5lbs I
each. Both of them are doing really well in NICU. We are going to start skin to skin contact for both babies today and they started their formulas yesterday. They both have full set of dark hair. I'll try to write what happened soon. Now, I'm just busy breast pumping every 3 hours. Lack of sleep and starting to feel like a cow :p. I'll touch base soon. Time for another pumping session.

Ilovetomatoes -- OMG! YAY! Congrats, hun!!! So so so happy to hear they are doing well! Can't wait to see pictures of them. Hope you are doing okay!!! xxxxx

Ilt that's amazing news!! Congratulations!!! Glad to hear babies are doing well! Can't wait to see pictures of our first babies on the thread. What did you call them? Xx

Congrats ILT and welcome to our little world girls!!

Congratulations ILT!
glad to hear babies are both doing well. Look forward to seeing pictures x

Wow!!! That's great news ilt!! Congratulations to you and DH. Can't wait to see the pics. Do get some rest and post when you can. :hugs:

Amazing news ilt! So happy for you all and that babies are doing well! Xxx

Congratulations ILT!! Glad to hear your girls are doing well and look after yourself x

Hey girls! Transfer is tomorrow!! For those of you who did progesterone supps, were you told to put it in the morning of transfer? I was told to, but Ive been hearing mixed things.

Good luck BMW!! Not sure about suppositories. I think I held off and took it after my transfer rather than in the morning if I remember correctly xx

Good luck beneath, I always done mine at night so just carried on as usual like that, exciting time for you! Xx

Good luck bmw :hugs:

It was okay to put it in on the day of transfer. I expect it would have dissolved by the time you get to the clinic. Given that you're aiming for a thick womb lining, I'd say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->