From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Congratulations beneath!! Welcome back where you belong!!

Ladies I am totally knackered at work! 12.5 hrs on your feet is not good! I've still got 9 weeks to work after this week! Anyone have finish dates yet?

Congratulations beneath!! Welcome back where you belong!!

Ladies I am totally knackered at work! 12.5 hrs on your feet is not good! I've still got 9 weeks to work after this week! Anyone have finish dates yet?

Do you get some long paid leave? I can take unpaid leave, but my job (which is actually a very senior role) does not offer any paid leave. I plan to work as long as I can and then take 4-5 months off.

I'm starting to get lower back and hip pain, sometimes it's pretty bad. Anyone else? The nurse just said use a heating pad and take Tylenol.

Cmo, I'm planning on leaving 26th Sept when I'll be 32w 3d, im beginning to struggle, I only do 6 hour shifts but the residents we care for are high need, especially when theres a certain few who dont get on and argue and attempt to get physical with each other, it's hard to remember to stay away and rely on the other carers to deal with it!
I'll leave 26th Sept and use my 5 weeks hol then start maternity leave end of Oct, counting down the next 6 weeks!

First, I keep getting back ache, have done for a while, it was higher up but it's down much lower like my coxyx, only thing that helps is laying down, I'm also starting to feel more tired now which is better for sleeping at night than what I did

How is everyone else?

Checking in from my vacation - DH is answering work emails by the pool so I decided to splurge and surf a bit. It seems like everyone is doing well!

BMW - welcome back! So happy to have you in our midst again.

CMo - I'd like to work as long as possible so that I can take more time off on the other end. Right now I am planning on going until Oct 9, that would bring me to 36w1d and would give me 19 days off before the c-section. I have one week of vacation left that I would take at that point and then I'd do a full 52 weeks of mat leave + 2 weeks of vacation before going back on Oct 31 next year. At least that's the plan.

I have been very good on my vacation in terms of diet. I've had dessert twice - at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding (DH's brother) but otherwise have really abstained from sweet, sugary stuff. It helps massively with keeping within a good carb intake as it's the easiest thing to cut out (well for me, the hardest). I have to admit I sometimes have moments of great bitterness about this gestational diabetes thing because I am in good physical shape, normal BMI and even now as I'm entering the third trimester I am keeping very active. I've walked the dog every single day of this pregnancy (anywhere from 25-60 mins a day), we went hiking on our vacation, they were gentle or moderate hikes of no longer than 2 miles each but still! And then I often read here about women who have horrific diets, eat 2x the calories needed, etc and they are totally fine. I know this is genetic and I can't control it, just sometimes feel sorry for myself.

My finish date is the 14th oct, I'll be 34 + 5 then got 4 weeks holiday and maternity leave starts 16th nov which is the week baby is due, then planning a year off.

First you ladies in the U.S. Seem to get such a raw deal with maternity leave. Mine works out at 2 months full pay, 4 months just under full pay, months 6-9 just maternity pay and unpaid for the last 3 months but I'll have holidays to use from work then.

3C: I failed my latest GD test, so I am on the low-carb diet too :-/

I have found a sugar-free ice cream called Carb Smart here in the US which at least lets me have a treat every now and then.

I'm sorry FirstTry, it sucks. I am so sick of eating eggs for breakfast! And I like eggs, but jeez there are limits.

Hi hows everyone doing?

I'm getting really impatient now and still have 13 weeks to go! Just can't wait for her to be here now
I think ive nearly got everything I need, just need monitor, breast pump and think thats it
Still find it hard to believe this is actually happening, I look at my bump and think back to whwn I used to believe this was just an impossible dream and would never happen, look at us all now!

Hope you're all well xx

I'm exactly the same star! Just want it to be November now!

Myself and dh were just saying how we still can't believe it's all happening, this time last year we hadn't even been for our consultation and now we're on the countdown! Really is a miracle!

Ilt how are you? Hope everything is going well with your girls.

Has it been two weeks yet, Beneath?!

AFM, I've been having sharp pain on the left side of my belly for about 36 hours now. It starts just below the rib and goes down the side of my belly. I can walk, but it hurts. I called the OB and they sent me to the high risk OB. Seeing him this afternoon. It feels like just a muscle issue. The worse case scenario I found online is placental abruption. Hopefully, it's just a pulled muscle.

Has it been two weeks yet, Beneath?!

AFM, I've been having sharp pain on the left side of my belly for about 36 hours now. It starts just below the rib and goes down the side of my belly. I can walk, but it hurts. I called the OB and they sent me to the high risk OB. Seeing him this afternoon. It feels like just a muscle issue. The worse case scenario I found online is placental abruption. Hopefully, it's just a pulled muscle.

Nope! Five more days!!!!

Hope all turns out well, hun

FirstTry, hopefully just muscle pain. Good to see the doctor in any event, even if just for peace of mind.

I'm doing well, now officially into single digit weeks - 9w6d to go to my c-section! 69 days if you can believe it...

We are still waiting to see what we get at the baby shower next Sunday and then will finish shopping. I know I will also have to pick up the baby monitor and breast pump, which I will rent, those are just things I didn't want ton the registry. I will also have to do a thorough audit of all the clothes we got - lots of new stuff, LOTS of stuff passed down, to see what I need to buy, if anything.

I've had similar first, I went to bed and slept with a pillow rolled up under my sode and it went by the morning, was quite bad though, hope yours just turns out to be a muscle pain

First how are you? Hope you're feeling better now

Ilt, thinking of you and girls :)

Afm, had my gtt today, 2 hours went by fairly quick and actually wasn't that hungry, more the heartburn that was bad as per usual!
Hopefully wont get a phone call Monday and will be negative

Hope you're all well xx

Hope you pass the GTT!

Though I have to say since failing mine almost 5 weeks ago and going on a controlled/low carb diet I have gained 0 lbs between weeks 24 and 29. I'm pretty happy about that, part of me almost wants to stick with this diet for 2-3 months post partum to try to get rid of most of the weight fast.

FirstTry, hope all is well with you. How are your fasting glucose numbers now on the diet? I have managed to keep mine between 4.9-5.2 mmol/L (88.2-93.6 mg/dl) which I'm super happy with. My 2 hr post-prandial/meal numbers are very good with the exception of a couple of dinners where I experimented (too much pasta, or had some chocolate for dessert). Then I went over the threshold.

Thanks, Star, Beneath, and 3C :wave:

Well, I ended up being sent to labor and delivery. After many tests, it's just a muscle problem. Thank goodness baby wasn't coming at 27 weeks! I went to a chiropractor last night and I'm so much better now.

3C: I've only tested my fasting glucose twice and it was around 112 :(. It was never that high with DS. My 3 hour test isn't until next week, but I'm already eating a very low carb diet. So, baby should not be getting too much sugar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->