From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Gorgeous little ones!!
Still feels unbelievable that I will finally have my baby in my arms in under 2 weeks, after everything we've been through. Really don't think it will feel real until he's actually here x
I've been getting period type achings all weekend, including in my thighs, and hot flushes, I give up guessing what's a "final few weeks of pregnancy" symptom and what could be imminent labour lol!
Due date on Tuesday, ivf due date (and sweep) on Thursday...eeeek! How are you guys holding up? x

I'm getting fed up now!! My bump feels so heavy and sore when I try to move. Sweep on wed. Hoping something happens soon, just want the baby here now!!

Cmo - I'm feeling the same, everything is such an effort! Let us know how the sweep goes on weds, I'm feeling a little anxious about having one but will be interesting to find out what my cervix is currently up to lol! x

I feel your pain ladies!

I was sick this morning first time whole pregnancy and first time since I was a child apart from hangovers many years ago! I'm literally never sick or ever had a bug so hoping it was a sign of things changing
Also had small amount of blood on pad but only tiny and nothing since

I'm looking forward to sweep thurs to find out what my cervix is doing also bumpsparkle

So tired today just woke from a two Hr nap so I'm ready when she is!

I feel your pain ladies!

I was sick this morning first time whole pregnancy and first time since I was a child apart from hangovers many years ago! I'm literally never sick or ever had a bug so hoping it was a sign of things changing
Also had small amount of blood on pad but only tiny and nothing since

I'm looking forward to sweep thurs to find out what my cervix is doing also bumpsparkle

So tired today just woke from a two Hr nap so I'm ready when she is!

Hmm, could that be the bloody show? Could labor be starting???

I definitely hope so but nothing since, keeping everything crossed something will start (apart from the obvious crossed!)
How are you first? X

Hi all
Had some quite bad period type pains last night and this morning, eased off now but

OMG Star we have exactly the same symptoms lol. About 11pm last night I had period like cramps. Not enough to need paracetamol or to keep me awake but we're still there every time I woke up. Still have them this morning. Praying something happens soon!

Ladies, I've also been having these for a few days! I'm totally not sure if it's normal at this stage or a sign of labour...this feels like the 2ww symptom spotting lol!! x

Good luck ladies!

Mine were bad at 9pm last night, carried on lighter during the night and had a bad few minutes this morning, surely this means it's got to be soon?

Bump I agree it's like being in the 2ww again!

We might all be the same day!

Mines are still on the go! Getting a bit sorer too. Should I be timing these just incase?

It sounds like we're going to have some more babies soon!!!

I'm no expert, but I would go to the hospital or call you Dr/midwife if you have more than 6 contractions in an hour, if they are more painful than period cramps, or if your water breaks.

I had painful contractions, but not more than a few in an hour, for the week before I went into labor. Good luck!

Time them just in case com, my midwife said to go in when they are 5 mins apart
Its confusing to know when it's actually Labour cos what if your waters don't break?
My mum's didn't with 4 out of 5 of us and my sisters didn't with her first, she only had period type pains and when she went in was already 8cm!
I hope I have a clearer sign and I hope it's tonight!

Good luck ladies!

Period type pains until 8cm sounds like a good option to me! I'm dreading intense contractions at an early stage lol! ;-)
Cmo, are they like contraction pains with a start and finish point? Mine are more like the ache of period pain that creeps up on me gradually and seems to hang around for a while. If yours are appearing suddenly and then calming down it might be worth timing them?
I've had annoying back pain all day. Just going to have a shower and then maybe try out the tens machine on it as apparently it's a good and safe for that, and I heard it can be good to start increasing your endorphin levels before labour. I'll also know if I like/dislike the feeling of it. Tested on my arm once and it felt weird so interested to see how it feels on a painful area x

Yeah, your water rarely breaks before you are truly in labor. But mine did this time. I had no contractions beforehand!

It's definitely coming and going rather than a constant pain. Lasts about 45 secs to a minute. I swear it's getting sorer as well. It's exactly the same as when I've got a dodgy tummy and need a no 2 (tmi!!)

Might be worth timing how often they are coming to give you an idea. Hope you manage to get some sleep soon in case this is it cmo! If it does calm down, good luck for your sweep 2mrw (I can't remember what time you said it was).
Tens machine definitely helped the back pain but it's come back within 10mins of removing it. Off to bed now to try to get some sleep 'just in case' there's more to come later x

It's definitely coming and going rather than a constant pain. Lasts about 45 secs to a minute. I swear it's getting sorer as well. It's exactly the same as when I've got a dodgy tummy and need a no 2 (tmi!!)

Sounds like contractions. How many minutes apart? And how long has it been this way?

Currently about 3 mins apart and lasting about a minute. Phoned hospital about a hour ago and they said to hold on til they are about 3 contractions in 5 mins.

Currently about 3 mins apart and lasting about a minute. Phoned hospital about a hour ago and they said to hold on til they are about 3 contractions in 5 mins.

What? Here they say to go in when contractions are 5 mins apart, lasting about 40 seconds to one minute. I think it's your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->