From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Just back from 2nd sweep. Nothing really changed; still 2cm dilated but cervix has shortened a bit more which is good. Period type cramps again but at least I know it's likely to be the procedure this time lol! Baby gone back to back again though :-(
Induction booked for next Sunday (29th) at 9am...eeeek! Might be a December baby at this point!

Hang in there star. I was going to ask when your next appt is. Will they offer you another sweep on weds?

Cmo, little girl stuff is adorable...very jealous ;-) x

Haha cmo, it's so hard to resist they're all so cute!

Bump, will have another sweep and think induction will be booked for the monday, really hoping it doesn't come to that, getting period pains after weeing but had that all week now and some tight pains low down past 3 evenings but that hasn't come to anything either!

Star, all sounds very familiar! I think it's signs that the body is getting ready. My midwife told me that the period type pain / lower pain can be due to the cervix softening. We were told we probably couldn't use the relaxing pool rooms if we get induced so here's hoping the little guy doesn't have to be kicked out lol!

Had a really busy and draining day with family today so really hoping we have an uneventful night as the thought of facing labour 2nite is too much. Looking forward to focusing myself on relaxing tomorrow and hopefully feeling ready again x

That's what I'm worried about, not being able to have a pool birth if induced, I'll ask midwife weds but I really want it

Had a lot of pains 3am, actually thought something was going to happen but no luck
Also got a sore throat so really fed up now, taking paracetamol and having a day of complete rest after not falling back asleep til gone 5am
Hope today is the day for both of us!

Morning ladies, hope you're all ok

I never knew that you couldn't use the pool if you were induced. I really wanted the pool as well but we were only in the room for 30 mins before she popped out so there wouldn't even had been time to fill it lol

Here's a wee picture of my gorgeous little lady the day she was born. So in love with her x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
Here's a wee picture of my gorgeous little lady the day she was born. So in love with her x

She's beautiful cmo, so pleased for you xx

First how are you?

I'm not sure about the pool if induced for being overdue but I really hope I can

She's beautiful cmo, so pleased for you xx

First how are you?

I'm not sure about the pool if induced for being overdue but I really hope I can

I'm doing well. Thanks! Talking care of a newborn is very hard work. And the lifestyle transition is tough for new parents. You will all learn this soon. But it's my toddler who is giving us the bigger challenge now. Fortunately, I have help with him Monday - Friday, so I can have a break and *only* have to take care of the baby.

On the pool versus no pool question, the most important thing is that you and baby are healthy. Many people get upset when their birth experience is not what they imagined. But, in the end, it's really not that important, so try not to get upset if it doesn't work out how you envisioned it.

She's so scrummy Cmo :)

I got told the pool is less of an option coz of all the monitoring you have to have when induced, plus the increased likelihood of needing pain relief.

First, hope you're finding time to look after yourself as well :)

Are any of you new mummies breast feeding? Just after any tips if you are ;-)

Not got much breast feeding experience bump, I always said I wasn't going to stress myself out over it but I would give it a shot. Midwife helped me latch her on for first feed which was fine and I managed to latch her on myself a couple of times then started to struggle. Midwife at home spent a while with us getting position right etc but I really struggled and baby was getting so distressed she wasn't feeding at all. I gave her formula from day 2 and now my milk has come in I'm expressing so most feeds are breast milk with formula to top up if needed. That's working well for us just now as dh is off work. It's quite time consuming so not sure how long I can keep it up and my boobs are killing me just now! Just happy that she's getting some of my milk for now. I probably could've persevered longer than I did but we're all happier and a lot less stressed now.

Glad you are all doing well cmo

Just had second attempted sweep but cervix still not ready but better and softer than last week
Booked in for induction Mon, have to phone early am and see how busy they are first
Midwife said from her experience the position I am in now it probably will come to induction but doesn't mean it won't happen before just not as likely

How are you bump?

Thanks Cmo, it's always really helpful to hear how others have got on. I'm with you on not stressing us all out with it but will give it a go and take it from there.

Star, how did you find the second sweep? Did she say whether you had started dilating? Glad you've got a date sorted for induction. The only thing keeping me sane at the moment is knowing that we'll be heading in on Sunday to get things going so hopefully it's given you an end point to focus on!

Had what I think were contractions last nite until about 4am so had very little sleep. It really felt like the cramping/tightening you get when your bowels are cramping, plus back pain too. They seemed to be coming roughly every 10 mins and lasted about a minute so a clear start and finish to them. Took 2 paracetamol and did my best to sleep but my mind was racing lol!

Seems to have calmed down to the usual aches this morning (although not got out of bed yet!) Baby moving all over the place so added discomfort lol! Hubby 1.5 hours away on course 2day that he had to attend unless I was literally in labour so hard to let him leave this morning and trying to keep legs crossed until this evening now! :) x

She said about 1cm so nothing really lol as some people's are open like that anyway
Good thing is if induction works with the gel can have pool birth
She said they use 1 gel every 6 hrs, if the third one doesnt work they wait 12-24 hrs before putting in another one, if thst doesn't work they break waters if this is possible and then be on drip with the meds at which point pool birth won't be possible, just don't want to be in Hospital too long!

You sound like you are progressing nicely, wishing you lots of luck, sounds like you won't need inducing!

1cm is good news as it's your 1st baby so your cervix would have been closed during pregnancy I think! Great about the birthing pool and the gel, fingers crossed. Just remembered I was given a leaflet about induction so I best read that just in case as this little man is certainly not in a hurry! x

Had final midwife appt 2day and had 3rd sweep. I've now reached 3cm and cervix is only 0.5cm long now and she said a lot of 1st time labour's take a long time to get to this point whilst in actual labour so when I start regular contractions I have to tell labourline how far I am/was as of 2day so they assess me differently...eeeek!

She's predicting labour 2mrw but if not, reckons there's a good chance induction will simply be the breaking of my waters since I've already progressed a fair amount.

Still got a back to back bubba on board though so rotating on the ball all day long!!

How are you feeling star, hopefully enjoying your final few days before mayhem begins lol! x

That's great news bump! You must be so excited, do you know what your bishops score is?

Mine was only 4-5 yesterday and last thurs was 1 so has improved

I'm feeling so ill with a cold sore throat thing I'm
Now glad I haven't had her yet as wouldn't want to give anything to her already

I'm going for a 45 min walk everyday and spending about 2 hours on the ball with housework in between to keep me moving!
It's about all I believe will help is to keep moving so doing so as much as I can with this horrible cold, might dtd later, just felt too ill to the last few days But it might help!

Good luck xx

Ah bump how exciting!! Good luck!!

Star hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back