• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Frozen" obsession

StillPraying

Stay at home Mommy of 3
Reaction score
This is kind of random but I'm here in the US and my 2 year old is utterly obsessed with Disney's FROZEN. LolI know it's Huge here in the states but I'm curious is it as big in other countries? UK/Canada/Australia? Any others?

It's like an epidemic. We have the movie. The soundtrack. And now today we got a toddler bed and what does DD pick? Frozen. Lol

We haven't exposed to my son to the movie for this very reason but my DH, MIL and I all watched it one night after he went to bed to find out what the big deal was!! hahaha :dohh:

My friend's son literally just says 'FROZEN' on repeat whenever it ends. She's finding it really hard. She wants to limit TV time but he's obsessed with it.

This is the only film so far that my lo will sit and watch from beginning to end! We watch it at the weekend when we get up on a saturday morning feeling lazy. He loves the snowman!

I's pretty big here in Norway too. We watched the whole movie when she was sick, otherwise she wouldn't stay interested in something that long. She's pretty into it and often sings the songs with me.. I think I like it more than her :haha:

I think i am the only person who really isn't bothered. Ds1 has seen it but still prefers planes lol. Ds2 would rathe watch night garden or thomas tgan a film. We went to a birthday party last week and itwas ffrozen themed. They had 2 entertainers dressed as the 2 girls and they were singing the songs.....there was me and my 2 eldest sat in the middle silent with no clue lol. Give me toy story or cars/planes any day lol

I think i am the only person who really isn't bothered. Ds1 has seen it but still prefers planes lol. Ds2 would rathe watch night garden or thomas tgan a film. We went to a birthday party last week and itwas ffrozen themed. They had 2 entertainers dressed as the 2 girls and they were singing the songs.....there was me and my 2 eldest sat in the middle silent with no clue lol. Give me toy story or cars/planes any day lol

I hate this too! My friend is having a frozen birthday for her daughter, thank god I'm working and can't go!! I know its a 3 yr olds birthday but I just think to specify the theme so much just spoils it for those that have never seen it/ aren't interested in that kind of thing

I haven't seen it and have no intention of letting my toddler watch it. Or anything else that's longer than a couple of minutes for that matter. I hardly see her during the week because of work and I feel vegging in front of the telly while we could be doing something else would be a waste of time.

I see the obsession on YouTube. I hated the movie though, it's so cliché and boring.

Kids only watched 20 minutes and said it sucked.

Erm have you seen the Santa's Grotto thread? Every second post is about Frozen stuff :haha: So I say pretty big in the UK!

I hate this too! My friend is having a frozen birthday for her daughter, thank god I'm working and can't go!! I know its a 3 yr olds birthday but I just think to specify the theme so much just spoils it for those that have never seen it/ aren't interested in that kind of thing

Or just makes it an extra special day for the kid whose birthday it is!

Or just makes it an extra special day for the kid whose birthday it is!

Ha, yeah of course, I realise I sound totally bitter. Idk in my day it was some food and a few party games. It included everyone.

Me and DD love it but I love all Disney films makes me feel young again 😂

They put it on in nursery early in the morning before all the kids arrive at 8 and it has started an unhealthy obsession for my LO. She's always liked dancing to 'let it go' but I can't put it on for her any more as she gets too overwhelmed and starts crying half way through the song in anticipation of it ending! Bless her! So we try to avoid it it our house!!

I love the movie, even despite DDs obsession with it, I was just curious if it was just girls in America obsessed or if the Frozen epidemic was global lol My friend and I were planning on doing out girls birthdays together as they're both turning 3 and their b days are only a few weeks apart. They said they wanted a Frozen party lol

I have never seen it but I have come across sooo many little girls obsessed with it!! Lol I'm half tempted to rent it just to see what the hype is about. I cant imagine my DS would take any interest seeing as he never will watch tv let alone a movie...

My daughter loves it, we haven't watched it for a few months though so that's been nice :) it was such a life saver when we all got sick at once.... we all just chilled out on the couch watching frozen as a family until we had seen so much frozen our bodies got better haha

My daughters and nieces love it. My daughters don't exactly sit still when they watch it. They get up and dance and sing along. I enjoy watching them enjoy something together.

As for a themed party - I thought it was normal for the birthday boy or girl to choose a theme of whatever THEY like. Isn't that why they make all the plates, balloons etc?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->