• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

funny/ embarrasing labour stories

my waters broke in the car on the way to the hospital and drenched my jeans and trainers and i was begging my DH to turn the car round so i could go home and change them as i didn't want to go to hospital in that state!! he turned the car round and thought to himself what the hell am i doing and said no and drove to the hospital!!

oh lordy loved all these! iv just got out of hospital and i was in agony so they gave me pethadine and i passed out... woke up at 6.30 this morning because the peth was wearing off and begged for more... they gave me paracetamol! but i couldn't swallow them and ended up spitting them out all over. they refused me peth again and made me drink soluble paracetamol yuk! i still have 21 weeks left and my god im having pethadine that stuff is amazing!!

Pethidine didn't work for me, my contractions were still awful :(

Haha!!!

When i was my antenatal classes they were chatting about getting to the 'burning ring of fire' point during labour..well my MW, Student Mw and OH were all chatting whilst i was lay on the bed enjoing the effects of the diamorphine.. i just shouted ''ooooooooooooooooo god this is the bloody burning ring or fire.. just i havent had a curry and its not my bum thats burning.. ''

Oh and also

After i had delivered my Daughter she was on my chest and they had just delivered the placenta..

The student MW was wrapping itup in a bag and she said to the other MW ill just put this in the freezer for you..

Well me thinking i was still centre of attension .. thought she was talking to me.. and i stupidly said...

'Well i dont want it do i''

Haha! My OH still wont let it go!

xxx

I....

Called the midwives cnuts :blush: and then could not stop saying sorry :rofl:
Made my OH take a photo of my son crowning - why?! :rofl:
Spaced out way too much on gas and air and kept thinking I was someone else :wacko:

My OH wanted to take photos of the crowning but the midwife glared at him and said he shouldn't! I wish she hadn't stopped him as I'd quite like to have seen.

some great stories there!! ... thought id better add some of my own in return :blush: ive had 4 children & have a embarressing comment for each!!

dd1 id had lots of gas & air & i remember staring across the room to where my mum & sis where & saying in a very spectical voice '' I know your looking at me.... and i can hear what you are saying'' .... they later told me they were talking about ''how much of a natural i was!!'' when dd finally came out blood splattered across the midwives face - i couldnt appoloigise enough :blush:

dd2 again too much gas & air... i had my cervix checked & right while the poor midwifes right in the middle of ...errrr...checking....i grinned at my other half who was holding my hand & said ''this is the bit you've waited 9months to see'' ... !! why does g&a make us say the most STUPIDEST things!!!???

dd3 going into the transitional stage & mum starts giving me some home remedy tablet thingy (explained before hand they are for different stages & signs im showing etc) i say ''WHAT THE F**K IS THAT FOR?'' and mum says ''its for aggitation & demanding behaviour'' ''IM F****ING FINE'' i shouted!! :haha:

dd4 right at the end i whispered to my OH ''babe ive never done drugs... but im OFF MY HEAD !!!'' and then i turned round - squatted down, and he was out! my next stupid comment was '' I CAN SEEEEE ..... MYYY BITSSSS!!!!'' :dohh: (im sure i meant baby LOL)

Oh my! I am killing myself laughing here. You must hear some funny things as a midwife.

When I was on the gas and air (which I loved!), I started giggling and told hubby: "Karen is coming to examine me". I was convinced hubby's pal, who is an accountant, was outside and was coming in to examine me. He looked at me like I was a nutter but I was not to be dissuaded.

Once I'd had the epidural and was lying on the bed (still sucking down the G&A too!!), the mw told me to let the pressure build as ds was still too high. I kept giggling and stage whispering to hubby: "This baby is trying to come out of my bum!" I said it so many times until the mw, who was laughing her head off, said "Honestly, it's really not".

I feel like I shouldnt be laughing but these stories have made my day haha

I forgot to add from my first son's birth...

I was worried about the pain from having a canula put in for the epidural. After getting high on gas and air, when they had done it, I was relieved to not have felt it and said "OMG I that didn't hurt at all! Can you pierce my nipples while you're there?"

They did not look impressed.

me "seriously this gas and air is making me feel like i've had 8 bottles of vodka..." proceeded to puke after this like i had drank 8 bottles of it.

"it's AMAAAAAAAAAZING"

"it feels like im watching from that corner.. right there.. over there!"

"my head is still but the room is spinning?!"

stuck on the loo: "I CAN'T MOOOOOOOOOVE" mid contraction hahaha, had to be lifted off!

to FOB: "why the fuck are they making you tea and toast, why the fuck are you sat there eating...." i was really annoyed :rofl:

i couldn't count how many times i shouted i can't do it!

lol also just remembered that at one point the midwife made me get out of the pool to check progress, and i really didnt want to... later on, in the midst of the transition drama i said 'IM SOOOOOOOOOO SORRRY I CALLED U A BITTTTTTTTTTCCCCHHHHH' and she said 'noo u didnt, its ok' and i told her that i did, she was just out of the room at the time lol

Oh my god! That is one of the funniest things I've ever read :rofl:

During my first labour I had a poo and my immature 31 year old husband found this very humourous. With my second he kept on making a joke that if I did it again he would take a pic and put it on facebook, obviously he would not do this but after I had given birth to my second I was completely out of it with the shock and pain and kept shouting "Did I poo?? He's going to put it on facebook" The midwives looked at him in discust. Ha, he felt so embarrassed.

OMG i totally forgot about this!!
When my son's head started crowning,
MW said, 'oh that's really good, keep going, we can see the head',
to which i cried out 'IS IT GINGER?!!',
and my OH responded, 'I can't tell, it's covered in blood!'
:dohh:

OMG i totally forgot about this!!
When my son's head started crowning,
MW said, 'oh that's really good, keep going, we can see the head',
to which i cried out 'IS IT GINGER?!!',
and my OH responded, 'I can't tell, it's covered in blood!'
:dohh:

LOL!! That one made m chuckle.

I had a natural birth in a birthing pool! Just before i went to push, i wee'd and the student midwife said "oh love, ur waters have broken" i was like "umm no i just wee'd" lol
Also i poo'd in the pool and pulled out god knows how much mucus plug and the midwife had to get a net to fish it out lol xx

Also as baby's head was coming out i was shouting "MY VAGINA IS BURNING" haha

hehe love this

i was halfway through my labour and asked if i could stop pushing and go for a poo :blush: i got quite angry when she said it wasn't poo, it was the baby bearing down.

i also shouted i needed to poo a fair few times after this

when he started crowning i screamed oh my god, ring of fire! and my oh had no idea what i was talking about - he thought i meant curry bum sort of burning....

Tee hee, these are very funny!
Mine is more of a post baby story, I had a third degree tear and had really bad uncontrollable wind for a while, about 3 days after birth the midwife came round to check my stitches.
I has to lie on my side and she lifted my bum cheek, yep you guessed it, I trumpt right in her face! Was mortified...

During my c-section the doc had said he was starting to cut. About 3 seconds later he said, "what the hell?!" At first I kinda freaked out a bit! Then I realized he was in the middle of telling a story and this was what another person had said. Of course I reprimanded him for making that statement! It did make my heart skip a beat or 2 though!

Tee hee, these are very funny!
Mine is more of a post baby story, I had a third degree tear and had really bad uncontrollable wind for a while, about 3 days after birth the midwife came round to check my stitches.
I has to lie on my side and she lifted my bum cheek, yep you guessed it, I trumpt right in her face! Was mortified...

I am a nurse scooby, I cant tell you how many times patients have passed gas in my face! :dohh: embarrassing for you but completely normal for her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->