Funny turn!

S

Shifter

I've just had the most alarming experience of my pregnancy so far. I was sitting here at the computer, having been up for a couple of hours and had breakfast. Very suddenly I came over very nauseous and dizzy. My vision blurred, my ears started ringing and my whole body was tingling from tip to toe.

I thought I was going to faint.

Hubby helped me to the loo, as I felt I was going to be very sick, but I wasn't. He rang his mum, who is a midwife and I spoke to her. She didn't seem too worried, just said to take it easy and if it happens again ring my hospital.

I feel absolutely fine now, but I will definitely be taking it more easy today! And I have since felt bubs moving around. Scary though. :cry:

Eek, sounds horrid! Glad you're feeling better now :hugs:
Rest up and see how you go... It sounds a bit like how I felt when my blood sugar was really low but if you've had brekkie I think that would be unlikely?
Maybe just make sure you eat little and often for a while? MIL's advise sounds sensible...xxx

Could be several things, the most likely of which are low blood sugar (less likely after breakfast) and low blood pressure (more common standing than sitting but not impossible). If it's settled then that's OK, but if it comes back, go and get checked out :hug:

I had that alot in the past. scared the crap out of me but they couldnt find anything to explain it apart from hormones. Today I feel light headed and not myself again.

that does sounds scary! Enjoy your rest and you have an extra hour to rest too

Thanks ladies. It was very scary those couple of minutes before hubby took me to the loo. I was sat at the desk, holding on to the edge of it with my eyes closed, trying to take deep breaths to ease the nausea. I couldn't really move as my body had gone all limp and tingly and when I opened my eyes was almost blind it was that blurry. I called out to hubby but didn't know if he had heard me or not because I couldn't tell how loud my own voice was, what with the ringing ears.

But it was literally all over in five minutes and now I feel absolutely fine, good energy, good appetite. I wouldn't know it had happened from how I feel now.

I think maybe my blood pressure dropped very suddenly or something, so I will be taking it easy today for sure and keeping an eye on myself.

That happen 2 me aswell bout 2 weeks ago while i was int he bank lol, i hadnt been eating mainly cos i was so sick but make sure ur eating enough like little bits at a time.

Awwwww Holly hun , I hope you feel ok now .
My advice sweets is too not do any more of that moving for now , Let OH do it .
Rest up get plenty of fluids hun, I really hope u get some good rest. xxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->