Gender Selection.

BunnyFace

Mummy
Reaction score
Anyone watching This Morning?
They are talking about gender selection.

https://thismorning.itv.com/thismorning/health/sex-selection

What are your views on this?

I think you should be thankful for whatever god decides to give you

I'm torn as I can understand both sides. I would love a little brother for my son so I'd be very happy with 2 boys but if I decided to have more than 2 children and go on to have 4 boys and was trying for another baby, would I wish for a little girl that time round? I think maybe yes! However, if I had to have only boys I'd feel very blessed all the same x

I think there are plenty of people out there who can't conceive at all, so if you can have children just be grateful for that!

I think i love my son and if i end up having 3 more i will love them just as much as i would a girl....they are still your babies afterall :shrug:

I agree that you should be happy with whatever you get,however its easy for me to say as I have 1 of each,if I had 7 boys and wanted a girl I might not have the same view.

i agree with it in special circumstances.
one of my closest friends is a carrier of an extremely rare genetic disease (i cant remember what its called but it effects all the middle areas of the body, so the brain, cleft lip and palate, heart, lungs etc -just draw a line down the middle of your body, and you get the picture)
it only effects boys, and she knows exactly what the severest end of the spectrum of this condition is like as she has a younger brother. who has had multiple surgeries.
as it is, she has chosen not to have children that are gentically hers as if she has a boy he WILL be effected- its just a case of how bad-
instead i've offered to donate eggs to her, and if that doesnt work out then she wil try to adopt.
i know it would mean the world to her to have a child that is biologically hers, her brother is in constant pain and has had mutiple life saving sugeries- she cant put a child through that.
so yeah if theres away she can chose to be impregnated with a girl, im all for it.
however i dont think this should be an option because someone wants a particular gender if there is no severe medical reason why this should be so x

I think people should be able to choose, and not everyone is religious and will believe that babies come from other means as opposed to god, I don't think its as simple as wanting a boy or a girl which is one of the main reasons its not legal here, people from certain religions would do it because of their views on a gender, but unless experienced I don't think anyone could understand what gender disappointment is and how it affects people unless it affects them

Unless it's for a medical reason like a PP suggested I think you just be grateful that you can have kids at all. Xxx

one of my closest friends is a carrier of an extremely rare genetic disease (i cant remember what its called but it effects all the middle areas of the body, so the brain, cleft lip and palate, heart, lungs etc -just draw a line down the middle of your body, and you get the picture)
it only effects boys, and she knows exactly what the severest end of the spectrum of this condition is like as she has a younger brother. who has had multiple surgeries.
as it is, she has chosen not to have children that are gentically hers as if she has a boy he WILL be effected- its just a case of how bad-
instead i've offered to donate eggs to her, and if that doesnt work out then she wil try to adopt.
i know it would mean the world to her to have a child that is biologically hers, her brother is in constant pain and has had mutiple life saving sugeries- she cant put a child through that.
so yeah if theres away she can chose to be impregnated with a girl, im all for it.
however i dont think this should be an option because someone wants a particular gender if there is no severe medical reason why this should be so x

I agree. Unless its to prevent serious genetic conditions then no. You get what your given.

I have my reasons but I see nothing wrong with it. :)

It would cure alot of anxiety with gender disappointment.

Also, there are SOME countries where one gender is preferred over another and if a mother gives birth the whats not preferred then that child can be gotten rid of sotospeak or the mother is divorced...its very sad, but true!

Personally however, i wouldnt select the gender of my child, ill have what im given and be grateful for them :)

Take what you're blessed to be given I'd say.

I think for reasons like Siyren said, that would be acceptable. But other than that, I think you should just be happy you have a child!

This world is so me me me me me, i i i i i, want i i i i i want and i want it now now now. I couldn't give a shit what sex my child is. I do not think people should be able to 'choose' what sex they 'want'. They are human beings. Not little dollies. How awful. I just want a child that is healthy! That is ALL that matters! I don't care if i have 5 boys, i don't care if i have no girls, i do not honestly give a damn, i just want a healthy baby that goes full term and doesn't die!!!!

What is wrong with this world.

Oh, and i accept it for a genuine, real medical reasons like Siyren explained.

I think with a situation like this, it is entirely different, it would not be being done for a "selfish" reason and in this instance i would fully support it.

Any reason other than this type of thing i strongly object to.

The woman on This Morning had 3 healthy young boys and she is doing this because she WANTS a girl.
It angers me that people cannot be happy with what they are so so lucky to be given. I personally would not care if i have all girls as long as they are healthy. Why the hell is that not good enough for some people!!!?? I fail to see why someone could be so self absorbed. Every child is a blessing.

Thankyou for all your opinions girls :thumbup:

I started a similar thread around the same time - we must have both been having the same thoughts whilst watching This Morning!

I wasn't overly sure how I felt on it originally but I do agree that when it's for reasons purely because someone wants a specific gender child then I don't agree with it - only for when there is a genetic or medical reason.

I can understand people suffer from real gender disappointment which must be hard to deal with - but my view on this is that is is a pyschological problem and should be treated in that way - with counselling etc. I guess I see it in a similar way to those who suffer with low self-esteem/body issues and and expect having bigger boobs will cure it - real pychological issues like that are much deeper rooted to be sorted completely with a quick fix boob job or, in this case specifying the gender of their child. What if they get the child they so desperately thought they wanted and then the same issues come back and they then decide the really want a child of the other sex?

I'm not sure that last bit came out right but what I'm trying to say is that people nowadays seem to look for a quick fix solution rather than trying to sort out the problem properly from it's core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->