Gender Specific Hopefuls

Yeah, I think I'll go get a 4D scan around the 8th. I need to be sure.
xoxox

Hi girls!
I'm hoping someone can help answer my question.
As you can see I'm ttc a little girl after two lovely boys.
Has anyone used the lube called Sylk to help sway for girl?
Thanks!

Yeah, I think I'll go get a 4D scan around the 8th. I need to be sure.
xoxox

I'm really sorry to put any doubt in your mind Becca! :hugs: I really am! But like I said I personally want another scan for mine as clear and obvious as it was I still need to see while someone points out her bits. I'm sure you'll get a confirmed girl result, but at least you can then throw that at people haha. :haha:

If it makes you feel better, I was talking to my husband's mom yesterday who was basically insinuating that the baby could still come out a boy. And she was giving me all these silly name suggestions Betty-Jo, Bobby-Jo (her SONS name! Yuk!!!), Tara, Rose, Jackie, Ann, Sorry if those are anyone's names, most of them have negative attachments for me. There were more but I can't remember. The hyphenated Jo names really got me! I said "I want a really girly name!" her reply, "You don't want a really girly name! And don't buy her all pink either". EXCUSE ME?!?!?! I've spent the last 5 years raising boys! I'm not about to put her in my boys hand me downs! I was like "Hell yeah I do, and you should see the closet" lol! Now I can just envision all the things she's going to send in blues and greens. Ugh, pass it on I shall!

I think it's a good thing she had 3 boys.

Hi girls!
Thanks!

I wasn't able to find Sylk here. I used RePhresh, or however it's spelt. BUT! I used it on the cycle before I got pregnant and I ovulated late. So a double whammy non-success.

The only thing I know I did different between my 2nd son and this one being a girl is a large gap between sex and ovulation. With my second it was the day before and after ovulation. With her, I'm pretty sure it was 3-4 days before what I suspected to be ovulation.

Oh, and of course I was drinking tons of crystal light (aspartame is said to lower ph levels of the body, favoring girl), and vitex the first two weeks of my cycle as I was taking too high a dose and was getting terrible headaches so I had to stop.

No Hun, it's totally fine. My OH has agreed to the 4D scan, so we'll book it tonight. I know I'm carrying a girl, but the doubt makes me feel sick. I'm damn sick of his Nan too, saying about hoping it's a girl and if it isn't it will still be loved, I'd love to tell her to...well y'know. I haven't told my OH that I want this scan for the sex, I've told him a little lie saying that this is the only baby I'll have and I'd love to see her in 4D. Feel awful for lying but y'know. Hope shes still pink.
:cry:
xoxox

:hugs: Awww Becca! Im sure she will be! Just enjoy seeing her in 4D! Its fun =) Then once its confirmed again, throw it in her face lol.

It looks like a girl to me too, with DS1 (I found out sex with him) you could tell he was a he and he looked nothing like that!

Yeah, I've had a few people tell me girl now. Even my auntie, who is a midwife. I know deep down she's a girl, I just feel it. I just get sad and paranoid, silly I know :cry:.
xoxox

I would feel the same if people were making comments like that at me, the fact a midwife has even said girl is hopefully reassuring though :)

Yeah, I've had a few people tell me girl now. Even my auntie, who is a midwife. I know deep down she's a girl, I just feel it. I just get sad and paranoid, silly I know :cry:.
xoxox

I feel that way for sure. But the paranoia sets in!

Aww Becca :hugs: I cant believe your granny would say that. Im sorry. I hope you are still hopeful about things despite other ppls [ignorant] opinions :flow:

:hugs: no judgement here hon. :nope: you found the right place to come with that.

I hope you get your girl! When do you find out?
Also is this your first?

No, this is my 3rd. I have 2 boys. I hope to find out mid January. :happydance:

Thats so exciting! Keeps us updated about your scan! Sending :pink: :dust: your way!

So, I talked to my DB and we both agreed in summer of 2013 we would be living together and TTC. I hope I can get pregnant easily. :blush:

Thats exciting! Soon enough! Is this your first?

Ladies.....i had a private gender scan......its a GIRL!!!! Cannot express how happy i am

:wohoo: wonderful!!! YAY!!! Congrats on team :pink:!

pink ribbon-totally understandable hon. You got two sweet little love nuggets and love em both. Gives me some hope if i end up having a 3rd boy. <3

ZandT- i can't believe you are 20 weeks already!!! I feel like you just got your :bfp:...I really hope you are around when i finally get a :bfp: and get a gender scan!

nearlythere- do you know where your placenta is? if its anterior that can delay feeling movements.

Becca- Hope the MS goes away soon :hugs: have you tried a low carb, low sugar diet? thats what i had to do with DS1 as it gave me low sugars (NOT GD though, just low sugars) once i met with a dietician and changed my diet (which was healthy to begin with but even fruit sugar would give me lows :wacko:) it was a night and day difference with the MS.

jellybean-let me know if added you properly to the front page :flower:

I have a pink bump:) Thanks for adding me. I do have a baby boy though. xoxo

Which gender were you hoping for this time around?

I really wanted a girl, but a part of me also wanted a boy so my son would have a brother. Im over the moon. I've wanted a girl my whole life. This will be my last, but I still want one more boy, lol! All boys in my family though, so he will have a lot of playmates.

I still feel like I won't believe it until I see her, ha ha!
haha totally get that!
okay, so i'll mark you down for wishing for :pink:? Let me know if thats not what you want :thumbup:

Wow I'm behind! We had quite the burst there. =)

I'll be around Guppy, don't you worry! lol.

Congratulations nearlythere!!!!! That's what I saw when I went for my scan as well, and it was confirmed girl! =) I have an anterior placenta as well and I'm just starting to feel her this week, I'm 20 weeks.

:friends: so glad you will be sticking around :D

I had anterior placentas with both of my boys. With Isaiah the first time i felt him was middle of 17 weeks. But then not again until like 22 weeks or something. With Elliot I first felt him at 14 weeks, after 17 weeks it was pretty consistant. The MWs were amazed and said thats pretty rare with an anterior though.

Becca- the pick you posted would have me not exactly sure, but im also an untrained eye. I DEF see 3 lines and i always thought that indicated girl? So could just be swollen parts. thats typical anyways. I think the only thing that would throw me off is how the middle part protrudes. BUT its sooo subtle its hardly noticeable and both of my boys little weaner were SUPER blunt and obvious. So im more inclined to think thats a girl but i could see why you would be a little reserved about that.

Are you still getting the 4D scan done in a few days?

i would totally feel the same, but from in my unprofessional opinion, i think you've got a girl there :flower:

Hi girls!
Thanks!

Welcome!
Ive never heard of Sylk before but let me know what you find out about it as im in the same situation. We are TTC #3. Ive got two boys as well.
Like ZandT ive been using RepHresh though. But havn't for about a week now so im not sure if it will make a difference or not. I am however doing the LE diet, so hopefully that helps. Ive also heard of putting water and lime on a tampon. havn't been adventerous enough to try that yet though :haha:

Sorry for my lack of responses. Ive been checking in but we've been traveling for the holidays so havn't gotten much change to update.

I will update the OP tonight, if i can :thumbup:

Im on CD27. Still havn't ov.ed :wacko: but i think it *could* be around the corner :dance: I hope so anyways!

Hey all.

Had my 12 week scan today. All is well :-D Anyone fancy a guess :haha:
Booking a gender scan in a few weks time so i guess time will tell!

Attachments

• 2012-12-05 11.36.46.jpg
    2012-12-05 11.36.46.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 13
Yes same for me if I am looking at correct bit then :pink: can't wait to hear for sure!

Ooo most people are saying girl who i show lol. I dont know what im looking for so i cant wait to find out for sure! :)

Yay Jadey :dance: thats a good sign i think!

So ladies, riddle me this....

usethisopk.jpg

^those are both OPKs. Taken from the SAME urine sample.
Today is day 3 of drippy EWCM (CD 28 :wacko:) On day 3 of drippy EWCM i ALWAYS get a +OPK. With the exception of the cycle that i took soy isoflavones, i was never ever able to get a positive on the strip OPK types. I would confirm any questionable line OPKs with the digi. Well in all 4 babies TTC, the line test was at least DARK. It just wasn't 100% positive, and then i would confirm with a digi and of course i chart, so my BBT would confirm 3 days later. BUT ive NEVER had a line OPK that faint before. The sensitivity on the first one is 25iUs. the digi is 22iUs. Call me crazy but 3iUs shouldn't be THAT big of a difference :nope: It should at least be dark.

Hey all.

Had my 12 week scan today. All is well :-D Anyone fancy a guess :haha:
Booking a gender scan in a few weks time so i guess time will tell!

I don't see a nub at all, that area is cut off as far as I can see. But by the skull I'd say girl, looks girly like mine!

Yay Jadey :dance: thats a good sign i think!

So ladies, riddle me this....

View attachment 527581

^those are both OPKs. Taken from the SAME urine sample.
Today is day 3 of drippy EWCM (CD 28 :wacko:) On day 3 of drippy EWCM i ALWAYS get a +OPK. With the exception of the cycle that i took soy isoflavones, i was never ever able to get a positive on the strip OPK types. I would confirm any questionable line OPKs with the digi. Well in all 4 babies TTC, the line test was at least DARK. It just wasn't 100% positive, and then i would confirm with a digi and of course i chart, so my BBT would confirm 3 days later. BUT ive NEVER had a line OPK that faint before. The sensitivity on the first one is 25iUs. the digi is 22iUs. Call me crazy but 3iUs shouldn't be THAT big of a difference :nope: It should at least be dark.

That's totally bizarre! The cheapo is not even slightly picking anything up. I'd honestly go by the clear blue thought and start your bd'ing!!!

So four hours after i got that positive, I got a negative on another line OPK and i got a NEGATIVE on another digi....ugh. what does that mean?! I usually only ever get 12 hours of positives, but 4 is ridiculous!

I'm sorry I'm no help guppy. I could never figure out those stinking things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->