Gender Specific Hopefuls

I certainly wouldn't have done it and then waited till birth lol. That would have drove me batty!

When I took it I planned to find out and then changed my mind.

Now knowing she's a girl I something think how amazing the surprise would have been... But I had extremely terrible anxiety up until I found out at 18 weeks, so there is no way I could have made it all the way lol.

See for all I did want a girl I was quite relaxed about it I suppose.

OH mentioned a 3rd baby the other day as I think he wants that girl still but I don't want anymore. I would have to want another family member not just a girl and I'm happy with my family the way it is. Me, OH and the two boys, genuinely :)

dh has also aready talked about another baby with me too. He is all for one more try, but i'm like you pink i'm not sure i guess i'll have to see once he gets here how everything works out....

I called my HB MW. I have an early ultrasound at 8 weeks. She is calling to arrange that, but it should be around January 20th-somewhere in there. And then once i have that i have my first prenatal. Should be good. I went with them with DS2 and loved them, so im excited.

RE: having a 3rd. DH and i were in that situation months ago. (we have 2 boys). Ulitmatly you have to decide, would you be happy with being a 4 person family, with only boys and not ever feel bad for not trying for a girl? Or would you be happier trying for a 3rd (and getting a girl) or trying for a 3rd and not getting a girl. We only wanted two children, but for me the mom-daughter relationship outweighed having two, so for us it was worth the risk. I could never live with myself knowing that i didn't at least try. I know i would spend a lifetime of regret and wondering "what if?". And if i end up having a 3rd boy, i know there will be LOTS of heartache and tears, but once i meet him i know im going to love him and i would never regret creating him. So thats the conclusion we came to, to try a final time. With that said, the chances stop here. No more after this one. It has to be done given my medical issues.

I'm the same Guppy. Either way I knew I wanted to try, and my husband was apprehensive (because of our firsts behavioral issues!) but agreed. I would have always wondered if we had tried again if it would have been our daughter, and if we had had another son then I'm sure there would have been purpose for him here as well and we would have love him just the same.

I think in the back of my mind I knew and always have known that our last would be a girl. I know that Teagen needed to be here, and had we had a daughter second Teagen would never have been. As I've said before.

And same here, if this baby had been a boy that would have been it. No ifs ands or buts! I do not want a fourth child!!

But when it came to my two I just knew we weren't done, even if my husband wasn't quite as sure. Someone else needed to be. It's so personal and no one can make the decision for you!!

I'm hoping for a little girl when I do get pregnant. I think I'll be a little disappointed if it's a boy, but I'll still love the child regardless.

It's just that when I was pregnant we said last baby, happy with 2 no matter the sex etc.... Going to get the snip blah blah...

Now it's "don't throw EVERYTHING out! What if we have a 3rd" (I've been giving away stuff that's too small etc)

You girls are brave wanting more! I'm done after this one. Done and done. I can't risk having a boy next time.

Good luck with your scan, Guppy!
xoxox

I don't want more - it's OH suddenly deciding we 'might' have a 3rd and we better keep stuff 'just in case' after he was adamant no more!

After 2 pregnancies with placenta previa and one resulting in a csection I don't think I want to go down that road again!

We've always wanted three, and when we found out the first was a girl, I got this weird feeling all the rest will be girls too. And I'm sort of resigned to it. I figure as long as I can keep them pretty close in age (about 2 years apart) , they should be able to be good friends and not too bratty. At least I hope.

pinkribbon that would be terrifying! cant blame ya for not having another.

hi there I'm kayleigh, I have 3 boys, Jimi 6, Zac 5 and Nate 2. I have been ttc number 4 since Nate was a few months old in July 2010.
dreaming of a baby girl.

hi there I'm kayleigh, I have 3 boys, Jimi 6, Zac 5 and Nate 2. I have been ttc number 4 since Nate was a few months old in July 2010.
dreaming of a baby girl.

I love the name Nathan/Nate. Hope you get your baby girl.

that's what I love about it most. in the 3 years since we picked it I have only ever seen about 2others and I use lots of forums and Facebook groups.

It's unusual without being too out there or sounding made up, I think you made a good choice! :thumbup:

Have you thought about what you would name a daughter if you have one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->