Gender Specific Hopefuls

it's biblical, so it's very old and has fallen out of use. our Zac is zachariah rather than Zachary as its not as commonly heard. and Jimi we just changed the spelling as hubby is a Hendrix fan lol I noticed that I was not hearing that very often anymore either, most are James and Jamie now.
I have had the name Beth since we decided to try for our eldest, who will be 7in a months time. I think we will probably keep it, though I will see when and if we do have a girl how popular it is at the time. I did consider Mary-Beth at one point as DH nan is Mary, but double barrels names seem to be the thing atm and I am so fussy about it lol

wow what a coincidence lol I don't know any Beths locally right now and don't see it too often atm so hopefully will get to use it.

no idea what I would call another boy though lol got middle names for him after the grandads but it's a first name we will struggle with

Thats good she didn't see boy bits!
Im just wondering though, was she able to identify the female genitalia? Techs are not supposed to say baby is X sex just in the absence of seeing the other :nope: they have to clearly identify vagina or penis.
with that said, it's probably a girl, but there are reasons why they have to actually identify one or the other. They arn't supposed to just assume one sex over the other simply bc of a lack of one body part.

Different rules of the words the tech is allowed to use for each country. Apparently what I was told was normal.

I haven't a clue what I'm looking at in that pic to be honest lol.

Beth is after my Grandma, Elizabeth. I can't say I know any Beths either though :)

My daughter would really like me to have another girl lol think she feels outnumbered!

We BD every other day for a month and are team pink. Not to get team pink, mind you, but only because we could never figure out when I O'ed

with my boys I was told they were boys, no doubt about it and was shown very clearly on the scans that they had all the boys a boy should have lol but a friend of mine was told girl due to the apparent absence of any male parts, only to give birth to a boy.
in all honesty if they ever told me 'girl' at a scan I would demand to see for myself and even then would not believe it until I had her in my arms but I guess that's having 3boys lol

That's pretty much what I worry about. The tech sent in the report that baby was a girl. She did show us and it was quite clear.. But then everyone was like "did you see the three lines?!", umm, no. As I've said before I was busy looking for a penis!! It was a very clear legs spread wide open/bum shot. We watched for a good 5 minutes, I'm sure if there had been a penis it would have come into the frame as some point? Lol. And there very well could have been three lines, I just wasn't paying attention. I should have asked for a potty shot though.

Ah well. I'm pretty darn sure she's a girl though. Everything tells me girl, I feel she's a girl.

I can't remember if I've ever posted on this thread but I've read through it and its helped me realise what I've been feeling isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Bit background, I've got 2 boys already and suffered with a bit GD with my 2nd. I got the usual ah shame, bet you wished he was a girl jibes.
I was slightly disappointed but he was an amazing baby and we really bonded.

Fast forward 9yrs Im now married and 20wks pregnant with a different partner who hasn't got any children and will be happy with either.

We were going to stay team yellow but at the scan yesterday we got a lil bit excited and decided to find out.

Sonographers words were 'its all smooth so I would say GIRL '.

We are absolutely over the moon but have booked a gender scan to confirm.

Im trying not to get my hopes up just in case she was wrong. Has anyone ever been told wrong?

I only personally know 1person ever told wrong. have to say it's a rather sweet story in which it was actually good news! she had a little girl, tried for years for a 2nd baby, all but have you, found herself pregnant and said she knew she wouldn't have another so would be nice to have one of each. was told she was having a girl and was just happy she was healthy. when the baby was born she was a he! so she got her little boy to complete her family.
I think I would do what you have said and book another scan to double check.

I can't remember if I've ever posted on this thread but I've read through it and its helped me realise what I've been feeling isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Bit background, I've got 2 boys already and suffered with a bit GD with my 2nd. I got the usual ah shame, bet you wished he was a girl jibes.
I was slightly disappointed but he was an amazing baby and we really bonded.

Fast forward 9yrs Im now married and 20wks pregnant with a different partner who hasn't got any children and will be happy with either.

We were going to stay team yellow but at the scan yesterday we got a lil bit excited and decided to find out.

Sonographers words were 'its all smooth so I would say GIRL '.

We are absolutely over the moon but have booked a gender scan to confirm.

Im trying not to get my hopes up just in case she was wrong. Has anyone ever been told wrong?

Welcome!! And congratulations on hearing girl!

I'm in the same boat, 2 boys and have been told girl! I was shown as well but didn't necessarily see the girl parts. Even though the tech included it in the report.

I have booked a confirmation scan though and will be going tomorrow afternoon at 12:45!! I am SO bloody nervous!! I couldn't sleep last night.

I just want to be 100% confident when I say this is a little girl. =)

I bet you'll be told girl again! :hugs:

Ok ladies, so I have 2 weeks today to go until we have our gender reveal scan. I am so impatient that I went ahead and tried the baking soda test. My questions is, how many of you that definitely know the gender, know the test was right? Mine said it was a girl, which I was afraid of because I dont want to be disappointed if it is not but I couldnt stand it and had to try it. Now I want to know how accurate it is. I want a girl so bad and so does EVERYONE in my family.

Our baby girl!!!!
https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543910_10151349215779839_1865826845_n.jpg

(I love how clearly you can see her little umbilical cord attached to her tummy in the picture in person, kinda blurry in this!)

I did the baking soda test with this baby and got a "boy result". I think that was the only gender determination thing I tried that gave me a boy result to be honest. As you can see above, we're having a girl lol.

I did the baking soda test with this baby and got a "boy result". I think that was the only gender determination thing I tried that gave me a boy result to be honest. As you can see above, we're having a girl lol.

Thats an awesome pic. Congrats on your little angel!! Can I ask, what has been her heart rate? Like BPM? Just wondering. I dont know anyone that has had a girl and remembers. Im just curious because with my boys they were always around 130-140 but not any higher but with this one its alway 150-160 even 168 once. I know its another old wives tale but Id just like to compare since Im so impatient LOL.

Haha thank you! I love how she's holding her legs up but because she was we weren't able to see her face really lol.

Actually they told me her heart rate at the appointment today and she was at 148bpm! That is the first time, other than my 6 week emergency ultrasound (was 120's I think?) that her heart rate was below 150!

My second son varied from the 130's-150's a couple times I think. Somewhere in this thread I actually typed out all his heart rates! I tried to find it but I couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->