General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Well 3 months ago we drove past Shane Co super famous around the bay lol. People joke that a true Bay Area Native can recite their radio ad by memory because it plays all the time on so many stations. Anyway we had lunch across the street and he drove past it and chuckled so I asked why. He said if he walked in there and bought me a ring I would say yes, and I said I would. He was joking. A fight ensued lol.

So yesterday we are going to get dinner, and he asks if I have enough energy to go to the store first. I said I would manage and he pulls into the parking lot just beyond a Target/it was dark/ I wasn't paying attention. And he starts chuckling and I'm like wtf dude. He said somewhere God is laughing at me. I'm super confused so he helps me out of the car and to the door and then I'm like wtf

We go in and have no idea what we're doing. He gives the lady his budget in secret and then I tried on a bunch of rings. I narrowed it to two, but he wanted me to pick. Then we picked out the center stone. I wanted higher quality but smaller rather than bigger so ended up with a .63 carat, slightly included, nearly colorless, well cut conflict free diamond for the center stone. It will be ready for pick up tomorrow and SO will officially propose then.

He just kept saying how we had a moment in the er and how two months ago I did something and that's when things clicked that he really cannot live without me and wants to make an official commitment. Still anti government licensed marriage, so we'll have a non denominational commitment ceremony.

Ahhhh thats so sweet :flower:

At least you get a proposal, i had " so do you want a ring for christmas this year" so that was us getting engaged haha very un romantic! 6 yrs on - still not hitched Lol

Dob- I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. Glad you get some happiness in the proposal. But the other girls are right, it's weird to say congratulations at the same time that my heart is sinking for yours.

Oh wow J thats a looooooot of info .., but yeah i agree, casually drop it in convo like 'oh you did pay that ticket didnt you?' I saw someone getting issued a ticket in the day etc etc.. Made me think of you, in an aww way lol

Gigs - hope you get a lil squinter on a frer today hehe

My SO said Fiancéé sounds a lot better than 'my girlf of nearly 8yrs' uhh! Yeah thanks lol, still, its a pretty Ring & i got tompick it out ha ha

I was really hoping for a squinter today. I know I'm not "out" yet but I'm certainly discouraged....but such is the song and dance of testing early. The other problem is my family is coming into town on saturday for my birthday, so i'm not sure when to test or how to surprise hubs (i want to record it) in any amount of time we'll have alone. My mom wants to be here about 9am. We deal with the ducks at 8:30, and my surprise involves the duck pen....plus my friends are going to want to buy me drinks that night...

Grrrrrr. I guess i won't have to worry at all if i'm not pregnant!

Sorry Gigs.. you are only 8DPO, correct? Don't count yourself out just yet!

J, that's a lot of stuff one can find out online, scary but good! Maybe you could bring it up casually in a conversation "so my friend had her license suspended because she didn't pay a ticket" lol, my hints are always obvious, don't listen to me.

My proposal: We were visiting my parents and my brother had listened to us teasing each other for a full day. So when DH wasn't around my lovely brother said "if you are always that mean to him, he'll never marry you!". Turns out Ben asked my parents permission when I wasn't around later that same night, no one knew about my brothers comment! Our vacation ended and we drove home the next day. I was still brewing about my brothers comment.
We stopped at one of our favourite rest stops and that's where he proposed.
We think of it as our starting point. It's where our "adventure" of our lives together started a few years earlier when we moved to this province. (we didn't live together for the first year of our relationship, then his work took him to this province and we made the decision to do this together).

Claire, did you jump on your SO last night??

PL, what an adorable story! Kind of a dick move for your brother to say that, but sounds like it made the surprise more surprising :)

Hubs sent me on a scavenger hunt around our house, leading from clue to clue, until i was led to our backyard where he was waiting with ring in hand. I was so excited i grabbed it and put it on myself, lol!

Ooh gigs, love that scavenger hunt for the ring & proposal, awesome!! Aww dont be disheartened luvvy, still mega early, eggs just cruising down the tubes ;)

Pacific - nooooo :( but i think ive ovulated this afternoon, cm was really watery this morning, no ov pains all day & now its creamy-stickyish.. Did you jump hubs bones?? Lol

Quick question girls - after ovulation i know the egg viable 12-24 hrs, when does the cervix close like straight away? If so, i wont harrass SO for jigs tonight Lol

From what i've read you still have a chance within 12-24 hours after ov, so i'd jump him if he's game! If not, i think you still got in plenty of jiggy time :haha:

Yesssss ha ha! Im thinking, even if its a boy it'll just as squidgy as Riley lol hump ahoy it is then ha ha

Love your proposal story Gigs!!
I got a new layer this morning! I always check the coop and let the animals out before I leave for work that's when I found this tiny egg (maybe 45g!)Tiny for a duck egg!
Looking forward to your pee stick tomorrow ;)

Claire: Aren't there lots of people that catch the egg on or after o... do the jiggy dance anyway. haha

As for us: Yes, we did the dance :) I hope we caught the egg although we didn't jiggy on o day. On the other hand, I've never had the sticky thick EWCM....as in never, so i wonder if that has any meaning.

Ok finally caught up - not too many posts today...slackers!!
I've been finishing a few hats to sell, will post pics below..Now then
Gigs[-X Don't make a heat lovin girl come all the way to Canadia ( yes...I call it Canadia lol)
You are ONLY 8dpo, your bean could still be doing loop de loops in there and not even landed yet...you know how kids are...
Sooo... tell me ( humor an old woman) do you see anything on that frer now that it is dry??
Below Gold "church hat" lol and Purple( tho it looks blue in pic) and gold Rasta hat...super big to hold tons of dreads- I sell alot of these
HatChurchGold.jpg
HatXLGJamaicanPurp-Gold.jpg

Sorry had to delete and reattach pics to force them in right positions ...sigh

Too far north J, I'm in good ok' Virginny :p and no, nothing on it dry :( and pathetic me pulled out my positive from the c/p and got all misty eyed.

Love the rasta hat! I love slouchy hats, even though I don't have any sort of thick mane to maintain. How much do you get for them?

LOL Sorry Gig, I was on my way to Claire I guess LOL
Here's what I saw on your test Giggle:
Gigs8dpo.jpg

GigsNeg8dpo.jpg
What I see is a hair of a fraction to right of the arrow tips

If the pic you posted was wet then I don't think that is the indent, since you can either see those BEFORE you even dip the test, or AFTER they are totally dry, but usually not right after taking while wet ( unless you saw it before...confusing ...I know lol)

On my phone, I'll take a look later. That photo was taken about 7 minutes

:-k
Well I totally see something extremely faint...even with pic minimized on site it's there.
I would say it is lookin good, but I need my back up eyeballs!!!
DOBBY!! CLAIRE!!! MRSG!!! BREEAA!! PACIFIC!!!
Report to the Incident Room Immediately!! All Eyes on deck! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

• NDH

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"