General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gosh, boobs are so sore today, I am debating about taking my bra off. How work appropriate is that? My boobs are small and I am wearing a sweater (not particularly thick) but work with a bunch of guys...:shrug:

Pacific- just take it off! Lol

Cb- enjoy a glass or 5 for me. After last night I could really use one.
Gig- saw the heartbeat but didn't get to hear it because It's too early. But it's possible we may hear it tomorrow. I can't wait. I'm tearing up right now thinking about how happy I am everything is okay. All the women in my family have had trouble getting and staying pregnant so I was worried more than normal.

Cat- we used to use spermicide. I can't remember the name but it's a little strip you stick up your "whoha" about 15 minutes before sex. It's disolves and then you're good to go! Although maybe not the most reliable form of BC still better than nothing if you want to wait a little bit.

Bra is off, it doesn't feel much better. Hope it's not too obvious, LOL

Any more spotting, pl? Still planning on testing tomorrow?

Pl, cute basket! I like it! Mine's kind of like a wishful thinking basket....way oversized lol.

Oh...8 eggs today :) we also got a dozen into a local well known bakery :dance: hoping for good feedback from them in a week or two!

Oh wow thats great Gigs, getting eggs into local Bakery woohoo!!

I will indeed have glasses of wine for you Mrs G, how many scans do you get throughout pregnancy? In UK we only get 2 unless its a high risk pg like twins or something else, im partaking in a hospital trial study to get pg, once im preggers il get 5 lol im very excited hahaa but i bet it takes me a few months to get pg though. :-/

Oh J, where for art thal J?? LOL

Cat we've never tried pull out method, ive always been on the pill, when i was bf i was on progesterobe only pill but didnt get on well with it, have you tried pills instead or spermscides maybe?

Yay gigs! That's great news!!

Cb- I think we only get 2 or 3. I'm not sure. I'll get more info tomorrow but I think I might get more now. The doc last night said because of bleeding even though nothing seems to be wrong I'm put into a higher risk category. So I imagine I'll get more during the 1st trimester rather than the standard only 1 or so.

Probs the same number of scans they have in UK i expect then, il be having a 7 wk one aswell, is it an ultrasound or vag one they did? Those vag ones are just urghhhhhhh lol had 2 of then in past,

I don't mind the vag ones lol. But according to the scan last night I'm only 6 weeks but they tried the stomach and couldn't see anything not because it was too early necessarily but because I have a tilted uterus it's tilted back so it's father down in there. At 7 weeks I've seen both stomach and vag. I think it just depends on how the bean is growing and the moms body.

The vag ones they can see much clearly aswell i guess, with dates at such an early time my sister had a couple of early ones aswell & they said she wasnt as far along but by the time her 12wk scan came along, bubs had caught up with growing as she was put a few days ahead of her original wks she thought she was, ah you'll get pg packs & stuff from your midwife tomorrow hehee

Gigs, yay on getting your eggs into that bakery! That is an awesome start to your home business!!
My chickens were on total strike yesterday, but I think they are finally starting their molts...

Cb, what is the pg study about?

Pacific forgot to ask before, do your boobs usually hurt/ache or anything before period? Mine have never! Only when i was like 6-7 wks pg i notice ouchiness

The study is called Nipper, basically Nutritional Intervention for pregnant (ttc) if you Google The Nipper Study, it goes into detail, studying how a ttc & then pregnant woman metabolises sugars in the body & if this has any impact on the baby when born with regards to childhood obesity & Diabetes i think, think it also looks at gestational diabetes, it takes part in Southampton uk, New Zealand & singapore, 1500 ttc'ers to be recruited, its a drink that contains all pg vits & then some will have nothing added & then the others will have the pg vit drink plus the ingredient that helps metabolise sugars in the body, is already found in the body & just a lil extra of it in the drink, only the lab scientists will know whos drink has what, i like science & its a bonus to get extra scans Lol! But you can only stay on study for a year, if not pg by then, you get dropped as such.. I quite like it :)

I just gotta hurry up & get preggers lol! Was recruited on the study in July this year

That sounds like a cool study, especially if you get some extra scans out of it ;)I know you'll catch that egg next month, you were so close this month!!

Boobs have only hurt maybe once after o and lasting right up until AF. But definitely not like this. It's getting better now, CM isn't much (even though it feels really warm/moist down there) I think I'll def. have an answer tomorrow morning.
But I might need J's eyes to squint at a test if it's still white...

Looks like you'll be getting some great nutrition out of this study!

That is such an interesting study! I don't eat sugar otherwise I'd be keen to look into that.

Hi Mint!

I probably eat too much sugar :haha: i was so surprised when i didn't have GD hahahhahah i think i ate ice cream, like, daily.

Mmmm i could totally go for some ben and jerry's again...

I love sugar too much! I'd be eating all the icecream in New Zealand if I had a choice. I only eat about 20 total carbs per day.

I got GD with my daughter but ate better with her than my son, go figure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->