General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Ugh this pattern is a pain lol
Hat is supposed to be "teen" sized and it was HUGE before I even started the sides...had to pull out 3 rows grrrr:growlmad:
I wouldn't care normally as I would chalk it up to learning experience and just make it a slouchy hat , but this needs to fit!
Colors look nice tho..
View attachment 911249

J, are you on ravelry? Thousands of patterns, a lot of cute and freebies!

Caught up with my work for the moment ..

J, I love the patter! She's a lucky kiddo!!

Gigs: peas work like magic for me. If they are at a distance to me I'll start throwing them in the air (like a bratty 3 year old flower girl) and they come RUNNING!

Yes, I am going to say officially in the tww, but it probably won't hurt to keep on :sex: Probably 1 DPO now, maybe 2.

DH is getting a job offer near our new home now. They want him to start within 30 days. So, if this month isn't it, we'll probably have to post pone ttc until March ;(

:haha: double hitting deer! Hope it was ok tho
This would be a good time for you to have a herding breed, an aussie or bordercollie would have kept them in one spot for you...and a border collie would likely have herded them back where they belong without being told to, and would have stood guard lol They are awesome freethinkers

Pacific the peas thing sounds like a great idea!
Hope he gets the job, but you are gonna get your bfp this time anyway so you won't need to postpone:smug:
:dust:

We use the peas when moving the ducks. One in the front throwing peas and one person (or Border Collie) in the back to catch any stragglers. That's how we got ~80 ducks into the trailer when we got the layers. That's how we plan to pack up the ducks for our move. I now always have a large bag of frozen peas in the freezer, just in case I need to move ducks or if I want to treat them. LOL

J, you are so positive!! :D

Eh. I'm too lazy to train it, lol! Also I'm not too keen on livestock guardian dogs (although hubs wants one, a belgian turvian) because i don't like the idea of putting them in harms way should we get any real threats around here (we have black bears), plus i like to keep 'em indoors for snugglies :)

Good luck to your hubs PL! Hope it comes with a raise :p

Love love that style hat & colour! Shes gonna love it :)

I do & dont want to find out, had no suprise of anything with Riley so quite like tje unknown.. But id be itching to see if its a girl hahaa! Im sure il give into my weakness at the scan Lol! I like the gender guessing from 12 wk scan ;)

I was supposed to be out drinking with my 2 sisters this eve but just got out shower & cant be arsed lol! Having wine indoors this eve, i feel we should all drink some as come next weekend we could all be with child hehe

Gigs if you buy from a working stock breeder there really isn't training. They naturally herd/protect. If you get a border collie it will not take on a bear. An Aussie is more protective, but again very wise breeds. They will likely bark like mad- most bears move on from the annoyance.
Now a Tervuren WILL try to give chase to the bear, but I prefer the prev 2 breeds for gentle livestock guarding.
The shepherds can be rougher with nipping etc.
You may want something like a Maremma or Kuvasz.
They are larger breeds, heavy coated - so fine in the cold sleet and snow, BUT they are very very gentle with herding livestock, and often lay with them.
For ex the Maremma is used alot with sheep, and the pups are kept with them from the time they are small, so they bond to them.
They will herd when you need to move them, but will lay between them or near, then is a predator comes sniffing They dart out after them to chase them off.
They fight off coyotes and timber wolves no prob, as well as smaller bears.
Check them out...
Maremma
maremma.jpg
Kuvasz
kuvasz.jpg

Get on it J ha ha!! My SO is now snoring on the bloody sofa & im really annoyed grr! I might just go up my sisters anyway now :)

I agree, get an LGD, Maremma or Kuvasz or Great Pyrenese. They are ment to live with the livestock.
Up here, I haven't met a lot of Terv's that I like (and I do love my herding breeds!!) they all seem to have character issues. Almost all that I have met are timid, and I know ran from sheep on the first encounters.

So, i think DH is taking the job.. I'll see him over Christmas for a few days and then again for moving about 7 weeks later.

So, if this month isn't it, chances are slim until end of February. Or if this month is a yes, then I get to enjoy first trimester on my own. Our house takes more up keep then the normal house, ~100 head of poultry, a dog, a cat. 95 hours of work (every 2 weeks, 10 1/2 hour days). ohgeez.
I am torn....

Pacific- is the job at least by family or anything??
Doesn't soud un-doable at all tho.
Again ...you will be so knocked up you won't need to TTC again:smug:
I didn't even think of the Pyreneese... Maybe a Swiss Mt Dog as well- they are very sweet

So...I bought ONE $tree hpt...They are like 25miu so no chance they will show an early bfp (before AF) reliably.
I didn't even have desire to buy one, but I figure they say If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten...
Bought this as it will encourage me to wait to test- Not a single FRER in sight!

It's a 3 hour drive to the family from the new job. Really not that bad.

My big worry is being pregnant and having no one else around to help me out. Should know before DH leaves I guess.

Good job on the purchase J! You are starting to do what I am doing. Saves a lot of money. Haha. But I think I'll buy another 2 tests next week which would bring my total up to 4 for 1 early test, one on time and two for late testing if AF is late.

Thats a good test plan P!:thumbup:
I don't plan to buy a frer unless I see something significant on the cheapie.
3 back to back chems , and i don't care how early I can see the lines this time- I want STRONG lines, so gonna try and hold off this time, until closer to AF.

J, how many DPO are you now?

I will try and keep you on route to less testing ;)

PL, this is your first, right? And only alone for the first tri? You should be ok :hugs: you'll have us!

Talking to hubs about dogs....we have agreed no more until both of ours have passed on, so nothing to worry about now anyway....but we are thinking a mixed breed. Evidently. I don't know. Could be upwards of 10 years before we dog shop again.

And tests? I'm bad. I have 24 ic's....and a handful of others but i don't remember how many.

Gigs, you are sweet! Just about to head home from work and talk to DH to talk about plans for the next 106 days.

Oh boy...

Hey, if I had loads I would test twice a day from 9dpo Gigs hehe
BUT I really don't have the $ to spare this time as I have to get holiday baking sales going.
As for the dogs, yup - little ones live a LONG time compared to large breeds.
My bullmastiff breeder - the grandfather won at Crufts on TV, and they are VERY diligent but still in the pedigree the oldest dog in 3 generations is 11:(
Romeo is jut over 2, so he should live almost a decade more, but they came home one day and found his father laying in the yard dead! He was four :(
Turns out he got bloat- nothing related to genes on that, but I make sure Romeo never exercises with food in the belly, and make him wait at least an hour after to cool down before eating. Also don't let him drink massive amts of water at a time.
Sadly, his mother was killed by a neighbor...THEIR dog dug under the fence (yet again) and she was very territorial with pups in the home. She went after their dog, and the neighbor SHOT her on her side of the fence! She never left their property.
The breeder can't speak on it without crying, so My boy is the last of a breeding between awesome parents.
No one else is showing or breeding from the litter.
That;s why I want to get him showing. Honor the mom and dad- I met both and they were both Amazing- SOOO good with lil grandbabies, and true home protectors.

They once had a cop JUMP their fence (6ft) to knock at the front door trying to find someone on a warrant. He was at the WRONG address, and I am just in awe that is one of her dogs had been out in the fenced yard and attacked, they would have been shot, and the media would have blamed the dog :growlmad:
She has Beware of Dog signs EVERYwhere too.

Agreed Pacific...WHEN you see your bfp next week- we will be here for you until you join the hubster!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->