General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Finally! If I had just made this reg pattern from th start I would have been done 2 days ago grrr....
I have pics of both sides bcuz the variegate yarn makes the hat diff colors on each side. Saving the other bundle to make myself a huge slouchy hat yay!
HatCiaraBdayFinished1.jpg

HatCiaraBdayFinished2.jpg

Arnica, why didn't I think of that! Gigs, it's wonderful stuff!

They can do 2 different types of lay off here, permanent or temporary. Permanent they have to pay out separation pay, out standing holiday pay, etc right away. They do not have to bring you back. Temporary is a max 59 day lay off where the employer keeps the right to call you back to work with a 1 week notice. On day 60 they have to bring you back or release and pay out. In this case they can not fill your position while you are on lay off. There are exceptions to the 59 day rule.
At this point many of us are expecting lay offs, question is: who will be affected this time? My employer has already done lay offs once, tried to cut wages (that one back fired) and now something has got to give... ?The market just has not recovered at all here, every big company is holding back their projects too so that isn't helping.
On permanent lay off, at least I would qualify for EI right away.. so that's 60% of my current income for 1 year max. Plenty of time to find a new job.

I think I'll start testing next weekend since o was so early I figure why not. AF isn't due until the 28th or so. I may be totally wrong but keep thinking of that wonderful +opk i had this month...

OMG J, that looks wonderful!!! I love it!!!!! You must be glad it's done :rofl:

YES so glad it is done- wrapping her gifts now lol

As for your question earlier regarding DPO: I think ff is putting o quite late after the + opk. I would think o more normally happens 36-48 hours after + opk. Do you normally o 3 days (or 72 hours)later? Even 60 hours (so 2 1/2) days later seems off to me...
Not that I know much about charting, but 3 days later seems late to me. I say 9 DPO.. puts you a day ahead too ;)

Never heard of arnica and have no idea where i'd find it....no matter though, it feels bruised but is totally tolerable. I don't mind showing off the battle wounds a little ;) it was worse yesterday....already on the mend :thumbup:

Pl, my first roommate's bulldog did that too me, except her head hit my nose. I was 18 and that was the first bloody nose ever. After that i was prone to getting them for months....at some point they finally stopped. Can't remember the last time i had one....

Anywho, that's a great deal of money you receive if you lose your job! Wow! How are they with maternity pay? It sucks here. At my last job, all you got was a guarantee you'd be able to come back to a job that has the same pay-- not even necessarily the one you took a break from. Vaginal births award you 8 weeks off while c sections get you 12. I think government jobs give you some mat pay but i have no idea how much.

J, i agree, i'm not too chart savvy but you look 8dpo to me! Hey, if you test monday we can be testing buddies :thumbup: although i'm already getting nervous....maybe i'll hold out... :haha:

OK THIRD attempt to post grrrr
Thx for the O guess- FF originally put me as day after+opk as norm, but once I entered a few temps, it move it to 2 days after dip:shrug: I'm sure not havingthe textbook ,4 increase caused that.
Anyhoo, I planned to test Tuesday with fmu, whe I should be 10/11 dpo.
On a side note:blush: I bought a walmart cheapie 88center...
So far have spent $1.95 on hpts yay :wohoo:

Lol! Good! Not much at all :thumbup: Maybe i'll hold out and test with you tuesday instead of monday....i just know in my heart of hearts monday will be negative no matter what so not sure if i'll bother.

Forgot to comment on the hat--it looks great! Those colors are sooo pretty. I love "dim" colors versus vibrant (like pastels over the super saturated stuff). Good taste there :thumbup:

Just woke up and my right boob HURTS. It's on the side, kind of underneathe but not entirely. For some reason my right boob always hurts more...it's also the one that's slightly larger, wonder if that's why?

Girl bodies are so weird.

J, the hat is fab, well done you! Think il be commissioning you in months to come for baby hats & bootys hehee :)

Somehow my subscriptions to the Thread we chat on was switched to none? Ive missed chat uhhh how cheeky, think Riley had grabbed my phone lil chimp!

Oh Pacific, so if the worst happens you still get paid a basic amt for the coming year? Thats not too bad, especially if looking for more work & pg, hopegully you be pregnant before/if anything happens so you be entitled to Mat leave aswell :)

Quite jelous of you girls testing tomorrow & Tuesday, earliest i can test is Thursday 8dpo.. But have no frer or early sensitive ones so if anything its gonna be Saturday.. Arhhh

Was checking out my chart from Riley, similar temp patterns & ov'd cd15 & sex was on same days OMG hope im not disapointed Lol!

Gigs, hope your bruisings gone right down today, i always habe random boob pain in my left boob which is also my slightly bigger one, they seem to balance in size after bf riley as the better milk boob was my right so it grew a bit Lol! But now its shrunk back to normal uhhh!

J what miu are you ic strips? Mine are 20 but £1 for a 3 pack so kinda bargainous ;)

Morning ladies.

J love the hat. And can't wait for everyone to test. I think we're going to get a couple bfps.

Afm, I think I'm doing ok. I think being home makes me a little depressed but I'm so glad to have hubs here. I can't even explain how amazing he is everyday but even more lately thank god I married him and took him off the market early. My follow up doc appointment is tomorrow, hubs can't go but insisted I not go alone so my mom is coming with me. Which is fantastic because she's like my best friend. We get along great, plus she'll being wine over I'm sure. Also I think I may be getting an infection from the miscarriage so I can't wait to go in to make sure. Other than that, this whole thing has been way harder then I ever thought and it's really made me unsure of what I want as far as getting pregnant again.

So sorry Mrs :( unfortunately i think it's just one of those things time will have to help heal. Maybe the doctors can help figure out what went wrong and give you some assurence it's unlikely to happen again, which may help in deciding if you want to try again any time soon.

I'm happy to hear i'm not the onky one who loves my mommy :) she came with me to almost every scan with my son (i was high risk....there were a lot!). After our 12 week scan when we were told Des would probably die, Hubs didn't come to any more scans because he was too nervous and said he was bad luck :dohh: wish he would have gotten over that but i was glad to have my mom.

Hugs Mrs G, time really will help heal,glad to hear you are back home with Hubs though :hugs:

Wow Gigs that what they had said at 12wk scan?.. Des really is your miracle baby :)

Yeah, the doctor basically told me to call my primary OB to schedule a termination. I decided to let nature take it's course and in the mean time saw a maternal fetal meds doctor and geneticist who said the baby had a 15% chance of survival, and even then would have either a genetic disorder or heart defect. We did all these tests and things were showing improvement....and he was born at 40+4 on April Fool's day with no issues related to any of that stuff :thumbup: he had undescended testicals that had to be surgically fixed when he was 6 months or so (or was it a year? Can't remember) but other than that, a healthy kid <3

Just goes to show that tests when pg cant always predict exactly whats going on in there ;) so because you were high risk previous - even though Des is completely healthy, will you be classed high risk 2nd time around?

I wont be classed as high risk as such due to previous csection & ectopic but i have to have baby no2 in the Hospital on labour ward, cant choose a birthing centre or home birth sadly incase of complications.. Im hoping i get to use a water tub for watee birth 2nd time around, being told breech & planned csection was no fun! I kinda freaked when i heard the word 'Catherisation' Lol

Eee yikes, no good! We had an almost emergency c section, too. It was unplanned and kind of an emergency, but evidently since i didn't progress past 7cm it wasn't technically an emergency c section...? Either way, labor, birth and recovery was rough. I'll probably opt for elective c section this time though...Des' head was huge, don't want to risk a second with a large head! They run in Hubs' side of the family, so it's not unlikely it'll happen again. Plus might opt for the tube tying while they're in there...

Gigs, what a story about Des, true miracles do happen!

---
Dh and I spent the morning looking at stock trailers online. We'll probably purchase one in January for the move.

It's trying to snow again, yuck!

Ewww, definitely NOT looking forward to snow :( rather, tending to the duckies in the snow. Any advice on dealing with our hose without disconnecting it and draining it every night?

GigsBreasts can have diff #s of mammary glands so perhaps that is what makes one larger or more sensitive:shrug:
Claire Same to you, sorry you went back to prev size after Riley hehe

As for you both. I am planning to test Tues...but poss Mon night on a loooonnngg hold.
I am 8/9 dpo today, so Tues would be 10/11 dpo...Mon night would only work if I am 9dpo today, and O'd after the dip vs 2 days after dip...so Tues is seeming the better choice.
I used the donor super last minute so it is a miracle cycle if it works..
Thank you All for the hat comments.
I ended up going to his door to drop the gift this am, but he wasn't there ( car gone) so I left the gift bag with some neighbors so it wouldn't get taken.
I feel good about it, instead of worrying that he didn't get it and someone stole it.
I put the hat wrapped in a gift bag as well as a paint kit for fridge magnets and some sculpting sand. She likes artsy things.

AFM- had a HUGE MEGA temp jump this a.m.!? Not sure what that was about except I slept very restless all night.

Wow that is a temp jump J, im always stirring in the night so im suprised my temps arent eratic, maybe thats why they're in the lower range perhaps? ..

Uhh i know, before i fell pg i was a 32/34 E, then pg went upto a G lol then after bfeeding, D, ohhhhh the depressingness of it Lol! M

We rarely get snow in UK, last time it snowed in the South was very early 2013 & Riley was still a bubba, since then hardly anything, maybe an odd flurry & thats it!

Im in debate of an elective section for no2, i want to try & labour but then the realism will kick in, il get super anxious i bet.. They like to not push for csections here & try natural, but most that have sections go onto have csections for pg after also..

My sister was the same as you gigs, never dilated anymore than 8cm, then Ruby started moving around & got wedged, csection it was! Have to say though, the planned section was chilled, surgeon was awesome & very nice & they had the radio on in background in Theatre, twas lovely ;)

ClaireHere in the states they force you to have a section if you had 1 before. Most their malpratice insur does not cover a natural delivery after csect...I had 2 first as a surrogate due to twin a being breech 2nd due to DS having a double nuchal cord and heartrate dropping into the 40'S!
I hate! abdominal pain, but hope I can find a midwife willing to v2bac...I want to experience a natural delivery with what will likely be my last baby.
It hurts like hell, but I was 9.5cm before DS heartrate dropped...I woke 3 hours later from anesthesia of an emerg sect like WHERE IS MY BABY!
They had him in the nursery...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->