General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Here is the ring sorry I was already in bed lol. I picked it out. I wanted something swirly and as far as diamonds go I prefer quality to size so it's just over .6 carat, colorless, slightly included, well cut. The flawless one was almost as much as the band and this just had three so tiny spots. Couldn't justify it. I also hate ftw diamond scam/business

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 21
Ooh Dobby your ring is goooooorgeous! Its lovely to see you back in the chat :)

Breeea you got a temp shift yay!! & you got x2 bd'ing in aswell right before, excellent!!

Pacific, any peeing today??

I been feeling ok, noticing peeing alot more after drinking anything, hsdnt started at night yet thank god! Other than that, all normal, im sure the Nausea will kick in soon though.. Gag! Goodbye yummy food Lol!

Had a much darker frer this afternoon, its def official, holy fook lol

Gigs YAY for egg increase AND poss buyers!!
Two things You can go to one of those mini biz cell phone places that do repairs and "crack" iphones, they may be able to find the owners info, as they use computer diagnostics programs and can access alot of files you can't SEE on the phone:thumbup:
2 IF they can't- go to the cops and at least report you think the guy may be selling stolen phone- worst case they need to take your phone for a while to find out who he is BUT they may already have complaints for that username/email- and can go get him without you losing the phone- TRY the phone cracking places first tho!

Dobs Don't MAKE me get ghetto on his ass...[-X=;
Hell to the Hell NO! That ring is yours and he best find another way to pay the debt.
I know for a fact the IRS will do payment plans over a long period of time cuz my 1st hubs was self employed, didn't report some things ( accident) and the IRS waited TWO years to say anything AND added penalties and late fees!?WTF? I hate them!
Just saw your ring pick GORGEOUS darling!
You have great taste. I like unique rings over expensive.
My first wedding ring looks JUST like yours but every other stone was a deep blue saphire. People Oooed and Ahhed but since the diamonds had flaws, and the saphs were considered imperfect- It was only like $500 lol.
Slow temp crawls work fine too babe. I had it with DS:winkwink:

Pacific Sorry about the lost ducks :hugs: I love my critters, so I hate to lose ANY type pet, even my fish get buried lol

ClaireUmm- you are in flagrant violation of ttc rule 547-C...:yellowcard: NO talking about test lines without POSTING pics!!:hissy:

I agree, gorgeous ring!! Don't give that back :hugs:
DH and I actually used "our" engagement ring as the wedding band. My parents did the same thing 30+ years ago and are still married. Dad ended up giving mom a beautiful big diamond ring after their first kid was born. I told DH we could do the same ;)

CB, I am only on CD25, If AF doesn't show until Saturday (CD29) I'll test so I can tell DH in person before he leaves. Last few cycles have been 32-34 days...
Hoping the $store will have restocked their test department. Can't believe they were out last time!!

As for me: CM is getting creamier from the clear it's been (so normal for me), still more then I'd normally expect. It was a bit stretchy again last night, say whaaa? A few cramps and occasional slight boob ache is back. Could just be leading up to AF.

Pacific No Walmart 88 centers by you??
I have used both every cycle but prefer the walmart 88center because the ink is purple (not blue) So control will be like burgundy?? But any faint lines I have gotten showed better there because of darker ink. The $store here uses NewChoice which tend to have pink ink, but it's very light compared to wally ink:shrug:

J, I hate going to our wolly world here. Totally understaffed unless you think standing in line behind 10 other people for 30 minutes at the till is ok...
The only time I now go into there is Sunday mornings, right when they open. That's when the lines will be under 5 minutes.

Beautiful ring! Giiiirrrrl, hold on to that! I had a very dainty ring, about .7 carats, solitaire with a tension setting (so it only had two prongs). Well because of the unique setting, every now and again the stone would come loose. Last time it did, i put it in a ziplock bag to get repaired. Well...i stupidly left it out...and i think one of us, maybe even my mom on a visit, threw it out thinking it was an empty bag. The "engagement" ring i wear now is actually a 1.75ct solitaire my grandma left to me. My grandfather bought it for her on their 14th wedding anniversary, they got married so quick (a couple months) so all she got (wanted) was a silver wedding band she traded for a pack of smokes lol--i wear that one on my right hand.

I love those hand me down rings from grandparents :) I got 3 of my grandma's rings on my wedding day. I wear one of them all the time on my other hand. We had it cleaned and resized after so it's a perfect fit now. Jeweller said it was worth quite something but honestly I don't care and just wanted it back with me. A dainty ring with a single stone on the top. I never wanted to know the $ amount for the same reason I don't want to know how much DH spent on the wedding ring ;) It's the meaning behind them. Sadly grandma can't remember how she got the ring. :love:

Gigs: that su^ks about the stone.... accidents do happen.

PS: I love how our thread is becoming busier again!

We have such a small family so no hand me downs as such, plus with 3 siblings it probs cause rivalry lol!

Hahaaaa J, violation ttc rule 547-C! Lol

Oh yeah CD25 is still early Pacific, good for you holding out for testing, ive had lotsa creamy cm since ovulation & very recently! All good signs ;)

God im so bloomin tired zzzzzZ :sleep:

OK my turn on ring shares...
So I have been married twice. First hubs I met when we were EMTs, so not a high income. We worked together, hung out 24-7 were in love in like 2 months and engaged:roll: I know mushy stuff- but it lasted 11 yrs- just grew apart:shrug:
That engagement ring was a .5 carat round, and later added a ring wrap for wedding band(shaped JUST like Dob's but saphires). Later upgraded the center solitaire only to .75. The ring is in a box somewhere...:blush:

Second time I said I wanted a big diamond - worked with docs and nurses who all had 2-3 carat rocks - I was uber-jealous lol. I joked hubby 2 would have a 2 carat minimum requirement :rofl:
Soooo...met DS's dad again. We had dated in college, knew him since I was 14 and picked up where we left off...engaged and married later same year:roll: He is a bi polar freak and has put me thru the wringer in this divorce Soooo:smug: NOT bragging at all but I am soooo glad I got to keep "the ring". He fought for it in the divorce :saywhat: pffft

So NOT bragging at all but here's what happened. Before meeting him again, I discovered a rare stone only mined in a few places- Imperial Topaz. ( It's my birthstone so I wanted it for a ring to make).
The stone I FINALLY found-non scammer-was 5.5 carats, round cut, and the color of deep golden brown ( root beer??) The darker the more rare, and RARELY are they round cut NOR that big when mined.:happydance:
It cost me $75 LMAO- Other countries do NOT value it like we do here.
So I saved said goldmine stone so "one day":serenade: My soulmate could use it in my engagement ring:smug:

When the time came, I saved the ex-ass tons, by providing the stone- all he had to do was have the setting done.

He chose the MOST godawful, gaudy very tall setting with a SUPER cheap ass thin band that did not match the stone size at all :growlmad:
I put on a fake smile and decided to suck it up for love.
So it was too big, and the large stone made it spin all day. He told me where he had it set, so they would size for free.
I'll cut to the chase here. I was SOoo worried about them NOT heating the stone- as topaz loses color when heated (they actually make other stones this way) and they assured me their gemologist was well versed blah blah- I even made the lady write on the form REMOVE STONE BEFORE RESIZING. yay!
A week later the ring was not ready yet, so I didn't have it for the wedding :cry: Oh well I had the diamond band we finally found.
So back from honeymoon (Vegas lol) and I was so excited it was done.
The lady present this GORGEOUS diamond ring and I was like OMG it's beautiful, but that's not mine!
She gasped and apologized, thanked me for being honest, and went to retrieve my ring...She then returns with the SAME diamond ring and says
"Ma'am...this is yours the gemologist says it matches the tag..."
:-k I take a closer look - yup, there's my tacky ass band he picked...:shock: OMG:dohh: Pleeease tell me he did NOT heat this to resize with the stone in it.
It turned ugly as they tried to rush me off, and I threatened to sue if I didn't get the exact replacement rare stone bla bla for WEEKS!!:cry:
I was beyond PISSED... I made many trips to see "exact replacements" and each time they tried to pawn some other stone off- NOT topaz.
(hope you are still awake lol)
In the end I threatened to bring the local media down, and made a scene in the store- so they agreed to let me pick ANY other ring setting in the store (no center stone- I had to get another later grrr)
So I chose a $1200 .8 carat diamond channel set band- they protested but finally agreed so I would leave lol.

I took it to MY jeweler of many years, and they think the jeweler actually STOLE the rare topaz to resell, and put a plain clear topaz in:growlmad:
So F'd up.

Anyhoo- my regular jeweler got 6-7 topaz in- but could find NONE as dark as my orig stone other than SUPER tiny ones:nope:
He begged me to come look at the yellow ones he got in, and I dragged my way over :sadangel:
I must admit they were impressive, but none round, all oval, and yellow ( I HATE yellow ugh).
I chose the largest -5.3carat oval ($2600:dohh:). He assured me I would be happy, after he changed the prongs to accomodate oval and the size...and I am a VERY happy girl today!
I still wear it daily- because it's my birthstone, annnd as I love vintage jewelry..I now have one that can be passed on in my family!
Thx if you read this all ( and props) lol pics below
Oh and it is now officially appraised at $7200:shock:- which is why the ex-ass wanted it so bad:finger:

Attachments

• TopazRing1.jpg
    TopazRing1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
  • TopazRing2.jpg
    TopazRing2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
  • TopazRing3.jpg
    TopazRing3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
Sorry it's uber hard to photograph- it's a oval cut??
Flat on top, but beveled edges all around top, and is very "deep" due to size/cut. 6 prongs as I am very very rough on my hands gardening, dogs etc and frequently hit it on things, but only had it repaired once.
I have jewel tools now so I can move a prong if needed.
Just wanted you all to see that even with my huge hands lol- the stone extends from base of finger to knuckle...and it fits fine...but is hell to remove due to my knuckles being large- I like it for the "estate" piece look.
Dobs Pacific and Gigs I LOVE that you have unique rings, and handed down family items- they are so much more special<3
Tho my daughter won't get this one till I'm gone lol:shhh:
It's not really her style- she's very simple or would want something artistic.
TopazRing4.jpg

Wow, that's a gorgeous ring J! Quite the story behind it too. Shame on that jeweller for loosing the original stone!

Dobs, love the ring. Definitely keep it! You guys will find cuts elsewhere for the owed money I'm sure. Sounds like he is really stressed out. I hope the counseling helps.

J, that's such a pretty ring!! Love it!

Not sure if this counts as a temp raise Claire. Lol I didn't sleep well last night and so it's realllllly unaccurate. I've been having loads of EWCM and I am not sure if it's leftover from bd or mine. Going to try and bd one more time tonight just in case. Hoping for a good temp raise tomorrow and better sleep tonight.

PL hope AF stays away and you get some nice lines!

Thx Pacific

DobsThat's awesome he is willing to go to counseling - it def helps getting things across. I know with my ex- he had serious issues that need counseling but refused. Don't think it would have saved us, but I am sure we could have a great co-parent relationship because he flatly would not and still will not discuss anything.
So ridiculous trying to co-parent with someone who is doing the "spoiled kid covering his ears going la la la"
To this day he still won't admit he's being ridiculous, but if he would go to counseling he would accept anything they told him- just not from me lol.

Breeaa Given the temp is on bad sleep it may be a rise, just not showing well. Good plan on repeat BD and hope it soars in the a.m.:winkwink:

Admittedly it's not my taste, but it IS very pretty! Reminds me of some of the jewelry they showcase at the Natural Science museum.

Exactly lol, after watching Blood Diamond, I was turned off by what is done to get alot of the diamonds we covet:cry:

So umm...watching the movie Southpaw. Absolutely a new top 5 movie of all time on my list...and :shock: Oh my damn!
Look how Jake Gyllenhaal transformed....yea...lots of lovely bods in this flick mmmhmmm:blush:
Southpaw.jpg

J, pretty!!! I couldn't rock any gem that big. I get nervous. I feel like I have a target on me when I wear any jewelry. And agreed with the blood diamond. That was one thing we agreed on that we would only buy from a company that solely stocks conflict free.

Bree, agreed that it could just be the poopy sleep. Hf getting some tonight!

PL, I got lost. Where are you in your cycle?

Not a fan of Jake. He's too muscley there for me. SO is my perfect blend of built but not huge. Yeah he's been snapping a lot lately. Finances are hard in general, but we come from families who are very guarded about money. We have very separate accounts. The condo we bought is really the condo I bought. We are still very much my money not our money. He is not getting the ring back period. It's just hard navigating the conversation because his personality type throw in his Aspergers throw in he's mid depression episode.

Ahh sorry Dobs- Thats a rough combo you got there, hopefully the counselor can get him to find a better way to dialogue.
I never did the separate acct thing when married- I feel if we trust each other with our hearts and kiddos, then money shouldn't be separate.
Same reason I would never sign a prenup. To me being trusted and respected are HUGE in a relationship, so if you can't trust me to have access to the same accts mehh It's a deal breaker for me.
NOW im your background and upbringing- your dad's legal savvy I def get it.
My parents had a joint acct, and my mom "kept" half of each nursing paycheck for herself.
I get that too, but seemed infair she had access to ALL my dad's military funds and pay etc but kept like $1600/mo for herself WTH??
I guess if she used it for something other than home shopping for crap she didn't need and bongo obsession it wouldn't be so bad :rofl:
Me personally- If I married a zilliuonaire I'd prob at most spend $ on smoothies or starbucks chai lattes twice a week, and a pedicure weekly, or family outings ( movies, dinner, travel).
Hell even now nearly everything I spend is for my kiddos or an SO when I have one.
I am not a shopping girl and wear the same jewelry daily no matter what:shrug:
If I was rich I would do loads of travel and Cirque du Soleil shows :rofl:
Oh and I donate alot to animal and kids charities...so prob more of that.
I think given your backgrounds with money privacy, and especially the condo being yours...You are def doing the sensible thing for your future together:winkwink:
Hang onto that control!

Yeah the lawyer stepdad def plays a role. He also invested in a lot of real estate when he was married to wife 1, but when they divorced after 20 years she took half of everything plus a huge alimony when she never put any money towards anything. So my stepdad is very into putting safe guards in place. So much so I had to sign something about a penalty for changing the ownership of the condo since 80% of the down payment came from my parents.

Hmmm I would travel and buy a house near work. My commute is fine, but it is wearing on SO.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    coco.g
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->