General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Oh and my supply is tanking like bad between being sick and popping one decongestant and pumping at weird times i’m only getting 60% of what I usually get

Oh hellll no Dobby. I'm right there with you, I would NOT leave either of my kids alone in the hospital to go to court. The only way is if my husband came and stayed with them...obviously that scenario doesn't work in your situation. I'd be making all kinds of phones calls to push the court date back. Just, no.

Don't stress about your supply. You are still getting some, and it'll probably bounce back when your life resumes as normal. Plus you are also ill which I'm sure brings it down some. Really hope you feel better soon and A doesn't have much longer in PICU.

Can I hop in? Currently 8dpo on my first cycle trying to conceive with my DH. We have a blended family- my three, his one, and we are desperately wanting one of our 'own'. <3

Hi bdb! Welcome in :) how old are your kiddos? When are you testing?

Well so much for maybe going to peds the doctor looked at me like you poor, hopeful thing. He&#8217;s not going anywhere until Thursday

Have they told you what he has or what they suspect he has?

He has human metapneumovirus and adenovirus that led to pneumonia. So at this point he just has to finish fighting off the viruses so he can breathe better. Just a waiting game. They were hopeful it&#8217;d be today but his respiration got worse and now he is back to high flow (though the amount of oxygen is much lower) and the wheezing is gone

As my mom puts it he looks like the people from I am legend with his breathing r_r

Hi bdb! Welcome in :) how old are your kiddos? When are you testing?

Thanks!

I have an almost 12 year old DS (in 2 weeks), an 8 year old DD, a 3 year old DD and a 3 year old DSS. Our 3 year olds were born a week apart so we basically have twins :)

I'm hoping to wait on testing until the day AF is here. But, who am I kidding, I'll probably be testing in a few days' time.

You're better than me, at 8DPO I would already be testing. How do the three-year-olds get along?

Dobs, i've never seen I Am Legend but I do know the concept and imagine that is not good…ugh poor thing. I hate viruses and how we really basically can't do anything about them except wait them out. Glad to hear his oxygen assistance has been reduced and wheezing is gone. Hopefully not long before everything else is back in order too!

Dobs- can you call into court? My friend was able to do that when she was in the hospital with her son. It's not ideal and she had to set it up but it worked. I honestly have no idea how she even did it, but she had to her permission to do so. When is your court date?
I also prefer the expense as F digital and will use those when we ttc again haha

Gigs- Nevada or Montana are on the list at the moment.

Bdb- welcome!

I went on a run this morning while we're all still recovering and it was rough! But I finished so there's that lol

Poor A. And poor you. I hope he recovers fast.

Welcome bdb!

Green: yay for exercise!

Hope everyone is doing well, I am too tired to look back too much. I haven't slept more than 1-2 hours for the past week. I am caught up with all my tv shows now so there's that. :haha:

Edit: nevermind i looked back anyway. Who needs sleep lol

Green: I'm glad you and the boys are doing so well. Ijust joined this thread but have been long time lurker and a friend of campns.

Dobs: no matter the lawyer your ex has, I can't imagine any judge, EVER, giving him any kind of custody. Such a wonderful, cute, smart, handsome and funny little boy for a son and he couldn't give two shits.. such a shame. A. is lucky to have you.

RE guns: I don't understand guns. I hate guns. I hate weapons. Maybe it's because I'm European... But I just meh. Guess I'm a pacifist. Not necessarily realistic.

gigglebox- You would never guess they are 'step' siblings. They love each other and fight each other just as much as any biological siblings would.

I may sneak off to grab some cheapies this evening. But don't tell DH. :lol:

I basically echo anything gigs says, bdb

Yeah I texted my lawyer a pic of A and was like fix this!!!! So we are continuing the date to who knows when

I&#8217;m tired so I forgot what else I wanted to say

For as much water as they make me drink you&#8217;d think there&#8217;d be a bathroom in here T-T

That's so weird. The inly place in the hospital i've stayed that didn't have a bathroom the room was pre op. How far away is the bathroom?

At children’s medical center Dallas in the PICU they don’t have bathrooms in the room either. It was like down the hallway that took you to the exit.

On the normal hospital floors though they had a bathroom in each room. I guess if they are in PICU the children wouldn’t be able to go to the bathroom on their own so they just put one in for parents to use? They had a shower stall in the bathroom too so you could clean up.

:hi:BDB! Welcome- and how very cool on the "separately born" twins hehe
and boy are you in the wrong place for not telling you to :test: once you hit 8dpo....:blush: well some of us may put the irons to your feet starting at say 6 dpo :haha:

I'm 8dpo today too, so I will be joining you in sneaking off for tests soon as well.

Dobs no reason whatsoever they shouldn't grant a continuance, given the hearing is ABOUT A, and good parenting, so to attend court and bail on him in the hospital would be so NOT good parenting :roll:
:shhh: tho I am still hoping baby daddy's lack of hospital attendance gets him on the judge's bad side lol

So I am in day long marathons of YouTube "watch later" list shows....I had over 150....and am STILL adding more as new vids lure me onto finding out more about x,y,z....{sigh} and I came across a vid with 1 in a million kids who have rare genetic disorders. Many I knew about, and a couple whom's channel I follow announced their newborn was just diagnosed with WPW after he became lethargic and his HR was found to be over 300:shock: ( which is also the cond that goes undiagnosed often till a kid collapses playing sports! and they *think* may be what alot of SIDS cases in the past came from) - anywho- one story was of a kiddo named Ever Audette floored me, and DEF made me think no parent should complain about lack of sleep to THIS couple lol. :sleep::sleep:
She has Angelman Syndrome, and sleeps like 90 MINUTES a night!?!
https://youtu.be/smpZkoRk4Lw?t=14m32s

<<Children with Angelman syndrome typically have a happy, excitable demeanor with frequent smiling, laughter, and hand-flapping movements. Hyperactivity, a short attention span, and a fascination with water are common. Most affected children also have difficulty sleeping and need less sleep than usual.>>:cry:

Dobs- glad court will be pushed back. Thank god your lawyer is doing something.

Blab- hi! You must be a long time lurker since I haven't been around in awhile! Lol how is campn? It's been so long since I've seen anything from her.

J- that's so crazy! Those poor parents and poor babies with that.

Re Bathrooms: NICU was the same. Bathrooms were outside the main NICU in the NICU waiting area, which was also a private area. It was weird. You had to have access to get into the waiting area even.

Good morning, ladies.

9dpo here. Not feeling anything out of the usual so far.

I really am trying to downplay my hopes for this cycle. It's our very first cycle and it was truly spur of the moment "okay, let's do this" after months of "but not yet". I also just came off of a two and a half year stint of birth control pills just 3-4 months ago, so I'm sure my cycles need more time to regulate.

But here I am, ever so hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"