• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

According to online due date calculators with last period on July 25th, I'd be due about the 1st of June. With an elective cs, that puts me late May.

And if it helps...I want a girl to dress her in cute clothes, do her hair, play with girly toys, toughen her up a bit though, hubs would teach her about cars...I'd hopefully get to help with wedding planning eventually...and it'd just be nice to have a female ally in the house.

Eta: i meant August, not july!

Your bleeding from your cp is considered your period. My lmp was 8/20 ish and my EDD is June 5th (2 days after school let's out wood woot). Technically, your due date should be based on when you ovulate and conceive but people use lmp becayse so few know when the O so calculators just go by lmp

I started bleeding on 8/25....maybe my calculator was wrong? I just used an automated one from a google search :shrug:

Either way, I think I'm too late. I'm fairly certain i ovulated yesterday. I had my bad O pains, however it was shorter than usual so I'm not 100% positive....but they hurt pretty bad, so I'm pretty sure. So sex now would follow the "boy" rule...

You never know. Sperm are weird and cramps might be off this cycle. Were you the one who asked me if I looked into gender selection? Is that something you might consider? Seems like you're pretty hardcore on the girl train. I would do it, but honestly ensuring a boy versus buying a house... priorities. Plus, I'm sure I can get my mom in on the girl boat. SO will eventually learn to love his girl (he always talks in hypotheticals about daughters but NEVER about his son that he so desperately wants first)

Upwards of $18k....no thanks lol

I'll love whatever it is, i'm sure. I just have a strong preference...

Yeaaaah no thanks lol. I know you will. Hugs hugs. You will get your girl. :)

That's what the chinese calendar says! Hahhahah

We'll see. I kind of imagined my son playing with trucks with his younger brother and got warm fuzzies....so we'll see :)

But enough about me....When are you going to test?! I'm thinking about getting some ic's for next month....

Omg I love that you are asking me at 1dpo. I literally just went to inventory my stock : 1 walmart cheapie, 2 new frers, and 2 cb digital with weeks estimators. SO is leaving on a family bonding trip in a couple weeks (10 dpo) so definitely will be testing before that haha

Meehhh You two will be fine with whichever gender and your families will be just as thrilled no matter what they think they want lol.
Who doesnt love a cute lil babe and want to hold it and squeeze it n feed it?!?!
I just want to be IN the conversation where the alien growing in me is causing the convo lol

Are you kidding, Dobs? You ladies are about the only ones I "know" who are as addicted as I am! I'm down to 1 FRER and 2 dollar tree tests. Not sure what to do...there's a walmart brand early detector test that's affordable near me, but it's blue dye. I've been a victim of the extremely faint but there line on those so i'm apprehensive...hence the ic's, nut they aren't that great in my experience. Might need to hike it back to the dollar tree...but they were sold out last time i was there :/

J, you are 100% right, in the end it won't matter.

And about the parasite growing within....Hubs' drunk aunt once unzipped and pulled my sweater off (i was about 5 months pregnant) and was (obnoxiously) nearly screaming, "I WANT TO SEE THE BABY!" at me, then aggressively rubbed my belly. This was the only time my entire pregnancy anyone touched me without permission....i was so deeply bothered lol! Who the fuck does that?!

I have 2 cheapie strips & 1 frer in the house.. Quite nice knowing i wont spend a small fortune this month on early tests hahaa

J, lol! But honestly, our families will shit sideways bricks. His family hates me and mine hates him. They are still pulling for us to break up. My mom is more loving than his, so she will eventually get on board no matter what. She loves babies lol.

Gigs, haha right?! If i could pee on a stick now... and blue dyes are awful. But I never bad a bad experience with them because I was always late when I used them.

Claire, my stash at 5 tests is not big enough. This is why I will spend a fortune because I'll start testing early and use what I have on hand knowing they will be bfn then buy more expensive tests because I want accuracy

Crap, just did a stash check and i'm wrong, i only have ONE $tree test and one new FRER :( guess i need to get to shopping around lol

And dor the record, i'm still super pissed about the new FRER, and even more bitter they wouldn't give me a coupon or anything for my complaint. On well.

That's insane. Probably because too many people are complaining (for good reason).

I am about to hop in the shower and them go shopping. Have to buy stuff for a wedding shower, pick up hpts, and make a list of houses I want to look at today. SO is so cute. He's fast asleep. He was up so late studying.

Dawwww sleepy boys of all sizes melt my heart lol

What kind of tests are you going to get?

And I'm a little jealous as i love looking at houses!

Haha I have him in bed and my cousin sending pics of her sleepy 8 month old. Overload.

I am going to grab some Walmart cheapies so I can start POAS at 4-6dpo hahaha. Depends how long I hold out to break the seal. I don't think I am going to buy any more expensive tests. Just going to stick with the two frers and two cbs for now. I might even try to not buy more cheapies. Because if I test with the cb digitals on 9 and 10 dpo, I can use the frers on 7 and 8dpo. I can make it to 6dpo to use a cheapie and not poas after.

Ugh. I'm not excited. The homes we can afford (stupid bay area) are not what we would like. There's always something (HOA issues or privacy issues or commute issues). Today's list are cities that are great for my commute, but kind of shit for SO's. He does not want to move. Hence his not even going lol. He'll go if I find a place that is perfect. Like one today has NO pet restrictions but didn't have pictures. So I'm going first and if it looks good then I will ask him to come. Tomorrow, he'll go with us to look at the San Jose places (better for his commute but worse for mine and has pockets of bad neighborhoods).

{GASP}:shock: Dobs check you out with that big leap up!
yay

Why thank you. I definitely Oed on Thursday. It looks big, but that's my pattern. 1dpo is around 97.7-9 and 2dpo is around 98.2. Actually, I just looked over my charts and I have never gotten up to 98.2 this early. Usually takes 3-4 dpo. Maybe it's a good sign? Good little eggie in there. Our heat wave died down so it's not that.

ooh :happydance:
I am so excited for you!
Glad you got hubby to go along with the plan
You made 2 big leaps - very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member