General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Love the hat J! How much do you sell them for? where do you sell them? Just curious I never really see thing like that her.

MrsG- price based on size, yarn type, and difficulty of pattern...I up $ at markets in high price areas so I match other vendors.
If it's a charity event I either have a raffle and give that $ to the charity after the drawing that day, OR if it's a Senior Center Craft show, I lower prices to min profit, as they are all on fixed incomes, some are sick etc.
I try to make a ton of "premie" hats once a year and donate them to the hospital NICUs as well.

I basically sell at a regular Saturday AM market in the "artsy" part of Tampa-Historic Cuban Area-Ybor, or any Craft markets Or Fall/Winter Markets.
If it's a market where food is sold, I def make my Portuguese Pastries the main item, but hang the hats all around my booth- which is a great draw to the booth :winkwink:

ClaireB No ebay- Etsy was the big online craft spot, and I never did that either, as it's hard for ppl to grasp the size/texture in online sales. Amazon is also selling crafts now, but for me it's no good having to literally compete with ppl undercutting bcuz they buy them in bulk for poor countries- SOO shady.
I'm not devaluing what I do as I am very reasonable on price.
If they buy the yarn for me ( so they choose exact color and type) I even deduct it from the total since I will usually have yarn left over to make 1-2 more hats depending on the size they want/ yarn roll size.

Did I say 10dpo somewhere?:blush: Likely did lol wishful thinking!
Yes I am cd10 haha

The septate is like a division in the uterus. It can divide it like a wall, and that can be surgically removed, OR the whole uterus can kind of "cave in" where the septate is, so it looks more like a heart shape. That's what i have--it's inoperable because cutting it out would leave a hole in the uterus. But mine's super small anyway, the dr said it probably wouldn't cause problems.

Love the hats! And love that crinkle yarn. I am working on knitting myself a poncho right now. I'm totally wingin' it so not sure if it'll work...

Hahaa yup 10dpo & due to ovulate in same chat post hahaa :)

Thing is also, your wool & crochet is better quality no doubt J! You should do some cute red & white father christmassy type ones oh or chriatmas puds with a red pom pom for holly berry.. Im feeling festive lol

CB I lurrrrrrve when you post with your UK speak lol
leaves me tickled everytime :haha:

Sorry about your cuz-wife...so sad!
I think you have the pinkish tinge from straining. Could be your prenatal- the Iron causes constipation :sick:
I am waaaaiting to have a BM ugh...I always get stopped up before and right after O- that week I am all bloated and the:wind: is trapped as you would say hehe.
Hurts so much grrrr.

Ohh gotcha Gigs.. With Des, did they tell you where your placenta lies? Mine was posterior, i wonder if only certain areas of your uterus are good nestling places for implanting if its heart shaped..

We'll see what happens with my crafts once I figure out my new routine at home...

Last night was the first time where I actually attempted to sit down for a half hour show on TV. Still got up during commercials to do stuff but I got so snuggle with the dog and the cat on the couch!

My UK lingo eh hahaaa i dont realise im doing it! My accent is very southern west, so i have a twang in my voice that sounds very 'combine harvester - country bumpkin'ish lol

Uhh ive bloated out in a week, my work trousers are tight & i just cant stop chuffing

You get bunged up every cycle before ov then? Wonder if its mass hormone surge hmmm...

Def think its straining., i hope eek! Im taking an open minded attitude of whatever happens it will be out of my hands so its keeping my calm lol

Oh CB we think alike hehe. When I was busys every week at markets 2 yrs ago, I made a "Santa's elf hat":xmas12:
It LITERALLY was a White brim around your head, Loooooong red body - santa hat style(3 feet long:shock:) with a White huge Fuzz ball end:xmas22:
I really hung it on my booth to attract ppl, and Damn if a teen didn't run up gushing and try it on then BEG her da for it :brat:pls daddy!? pls pls pls pls !!!:brat...
I had the bugger marked $40 to DETER buyers and orders for that pattern :haha: and planned to lwer it at Xmas market...
He bought the darn hat for $40...good sale, like $30 profit...but didn't have the patience to make another lol

Pacific no doubt you will get a routine thing going in no time & start watching programmes on tv in the evenin :) have you spoken to Hubs today? Hope sleeping is getting easier hun

Omg really? Do you have a pic of Santa hat?? How awesome! In the UK we have a 'christmas jumper day' its on Dec 18th, i didnt get a good one last year, i left it to the last minute, ended up buying one with a fluffy white cat on with a santa hat on it hahaa its so cheesy its great :)

Nice profit on that hat though :thumbup:

Ooh we're nearly all onlibe together :)

I love the UK lingo, that's the english I learned in school. When I first came to Canada I was surprised about the subtle differences. Some ppl looked at me funny when I used the "wrong" english word for a few things.
And I still occasionally use the wrong grammar... that's why my english teachers could never give me A's on my essays.. sometimes I use german grammar instead of english. ooops. :blush: 12 years later...

Gigs- Sounds like yours isn't a big problem, that's pretty great! My sister just got hers removed over a month ago but hers had to be fixed or she couldn't ever have kids. She's now waiting to try, so excited for her. She's been wanting this for so long.

Claire- Thank you cupcake! I hope it stays up, I've been cramping on the left side, hopefully that's just a baby and not AF.

I'm still not sure if I'll test tomorrow or Friday, I'm just too worried about my heart and how I'd deal with the disappointment. Just trying to prepare myself for another BFN.

Just took an opk for the F of it. Toooootally negative, no second line even. Haha. Guess i'm not getting an early O date this cycle. Drat!

PL, is German your native tongue?

Campn, my friend had that done after 12 months of ttc. She waited a couple more months trying naturally, but then opted for iui and she's now 10 weeks. So i'm not sure if the septate was the cause of the infertility or not....but she's preggers now!

As i said i am not concerned about that, i'm concerned about my sides being out of sync. I may only have one "good" side to implant on, not sure...it's frustrating being a medical mystery, ha.

Did tou live in germany Pacific ir just did well with foreign languages? I used to be quite good at French & got a B in my exams but i cant really remember diddly squat now :(

CB: just a hand full of text messages today. I get up at 5 am, to start work at 7 am. There is an hour time difference to where he is. He's an hour behind so we don't talk until the evening.

I was born and raised in Germany for the first 15 years of my life. Then the entire family moved to Canada.

Gigs from my medical experience in OB/GYN you can get preggers pretty much the normal chances everyone else has.
Even out of sync, if the bean implants on the side due to shed first, the hcg will put the kabosh=;=;[-X on the AF, bcuz the hcg is in the blood and reaches everywhere in the body, so the half n half sync prob won't affect stopping the AF.
We actually had a patient come in with NO prenatal care ready to deliver and the scan showed she had the FULL septate uterus:shock:
As the baby grew it just shoved the "empty" side of the uterus over and grew fine. They did stop her contractions tho and take her back for a csect to be safe since her septum actually extended to the cervical area.

I am in the process of teaching myself Euro Portuguese (different than Prazilian) since my mother didn't teach me as a child. Sooooo very hard now especially since I too 4 yrs Spanish in school. I have 100's of family members I have never been able to speak with bcuz she didnt teach me.
I asked her why one day and she said "My language is verrrry difficult to learn, so it would have been too hard for you " :saywhat:
WTF mom ...did you just call me stupid???
Nice...and she wonders why we don't get along pffft.
Now as I cram listening to travelpack Portuguese cds and books, she wants to be all "corrective" any time I pronounce anything a bit off.
She can't get that SHE has a mega accent when she speaks English and misspells things all the time- yet I The American am suppose to pronounce everything PERFECTLY in HER language....bitter party of one ...is my table ready??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->