General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

J, the it is easiest to grow up bilingual rather then learning a language later in life. I actually plan to speak german with my kids and let dh do the english portion. Don't want my kids resenting me for not teaching them a second language while still in the crib.
I was raised german, and was taught english in school starting in grade 5 in Germany. When we came to Canada I LEARNED the language and was almost fluent after 1 1/2 years (took me longer because my parents insisted on speaking german at home). Now, you barely hear an accent when I speak, maybe in a few words here and there.
It's really too bad your mom didn't speak it with you. Kids learn languages so easy!

I knew a family, they raised their kids trilingual. Dad spoke french with them, mom Vietnamese and they spoke english with everyone else. Even their 4 year old daughter had such a simple time distinguishing on the different languages.

Pacific awesome plan you have for teaching your kids languages.
It is Soooo big a factor in jobs these days! And they pay crazy $ for translators in biz world.
I LOVE accents and would love to meet a bilingual man to teach our kiddos Spanish or Portuguese.

I'm also bilingual! I was born and raised in Egypt and moved to the States over 5 years ago to be with DH, but I studied English in school ever since I was 5. I'm trying to teach DS Arabic and he really picks up so much from my parents when they visit!

I KNEWWW IT!!! I kept thinking you had that exotic look!
Gah I am SOooo jealous!! I would love to have an accent and speak English instead of have a stupid American accent trying to speak Portuguese- ugh ppl are VERY critical, and they have a zillion letters that are pronounced weird or worse they are IN the spelling but sound Nasally, or trail off very softly at the end of words!
That was one thing I looked forward to with my ex. He grew up in Sweden, but his family is originally from Iran- so they speak Farsi. When we were together I was so determined to learn the language I hired a Farsi tutor. I was so excited, but then he cheated and meh all down hill.
Still wish I'd have learned it as they pay so well for Arabic and Farsi speakers who are born here ( :shrug: guess they figure less chance of terrorism?? pffft)

Ah so much to catch up on and I am brain dead. Work then a meeting after work then traffic home... blah. So... I'm going to pour me a drink of the alcoholic persuasion since all my tests are negative anyway and then try again in a bit. Lol. Don't worry, just spiking my ginger ale with some Orgy (it's like 17% alcohol).

Mk.

Me: Yeah, he'll be fine. I just have to be there for him and be less needy. I had a really big drinking problem a few years back, so I try really hard not to drink in excess when I am upset. I bailed on a friend's birthday because honestly when I drink and I have issues the night (or morning) ends with me being driven home in a cop car, the SWAT team at my house, or lost friendships. I haven't talked to him about the therapy he went to today, but he has been texting me all day and has been very loving. We made plans to do some $10 all you can eat enchilada thing at Chili's and drink margaritas this weekend before getting into some non bd bd if AF doesn't spoil the fun. Then again if she isn't here by then then I can't drink... ........

PL, so sorry the bitch witch showed up and the cramps are real. Hopefully you can take something or they ease up.

CB, that's scary. I am so sorry your sister is going through that. Glad you have your next appointment scheduled!

J, lol 10dpo I love you. Really hoping donor comes back in time. Get well soon grandma!

Gigs, you are incredible. Enough said.

Greenie, I wanted to say something and now I don't remember.

As for bilingual, I agree with J that I totally thought campn looks super exotic. I wish I spoke another language. I pick them up quickly, supposedly accents and all, but I lost them twice as fast. I studied French for two years, Thai for two years, and Spanish for 5 including acing the Spanish 5 AP test.... can I speak any of those languages? Nope. I'm thinking of taking Thai classes at the temple nearby (my childhood temple) now that I am so close to it, but I'm too broke.

Dobby- Wow are you gonna tell us about the SWAT in your house story!? You really sound so badass, I wanna be you! I'm really so lame and never do anything that crazy.

Also your mister sounds crazy in love with you, and like J said you are the perfect woman for him, I've dated someone like him but we couldn't really continue because of his depression and anxiety, he would get cold feet all the time and I just had to put an end to it.

Also I meant to ask you, cause I'm sure I saw lines on your tests, do you think you still have hCG left over!?

Ladies, a bit ago I saw a tiny brown cm when I wiped, it was barely there I had to look hard. My heart almost dropped cause I thought AF is early but thankfully that was it.

Campn, glad the brown cm disappeared. Brown is old! Could just been some ib that didn't make it out until now. And thank you both. I almost walked away a couple of times, but I'm glad I stuck it out. :)

The SWAT story is really overrated. I got s*faced after loss #2 and was really pissed at my ex/the baby's dad. My gyn called me to check on me, and I was crying and yelling at her so she had a therapist call me. So then I cried and yelled at the therapist. She asked the standard, "Are you going to harm yourself or anybody else?" And I said no. We kept talking and she was like, "You sound really angry with your ex. Are you sure you aren't going to hurt him?" And me, being HAMMERED, was like, "Of course I'm pissed at him, but it's not like I'm going to go out and get a gun and shoot him." Next thing I know I get a call, "There are some officers outside who are here to check on you, your therapist is worried about you." I go outside and the entire city's SWAT team was in the bushes, at the fence, on the roof of my house, on the roofs of my neighbors' houses with big ass guns and the body shields. Meanwhile, I'm in a tank top and booty shorts like... wtf... The guy was like your therapist said you have a gun in your house and are going to kill your ex. I was like dude the only gun in my house is the rubber gun we use to practice disarming in krav. Was immediately cleared for discharge, but procedure and paperwork had me at the stupid facility for 8 hours. Lowest point of my life. Up there with: Cop, "Ok, so what did we learn today?" Me, "I don't know... don't drink too much?" Cop, "No, freeways are for caaaaaars not for peeeeeople. Go inside, go to bed, and go to work tomorrow."

Oh and I knew someone who had a baby and the main caretakers all only spoke one language so by the time the kid was in preschool he was conversational fluent in four languages: Dad and Grandmother spoke Japanese, the nanny spoke Spanish, and then the mom spoke English with American Sign Language. Even if I don't learn Thai again, I want my mom to teach my kids Thai and SO is fluent in French since his dad is from Quebec. So I'll handle English, Yai can teach Thai, and SO can teach French. :)

Wow seriously that OB sounds like she's the one that's out to hurt someone. I can't believe they did that, I completely understand them being worried about you, but the SWAT team sounds way too overboard, could have been handled much better I think, again you sound like a badass chick cause if I had even one cop on my door I'd be sweating bullets, I don't usually trust cops.

Also I'm sure we all want to hurt one ex somehow... :p I just flip off mine if I see an old picture.

Hm. So I put a big of Orgy in my drink, less than I did yesterday and even less than I do typically. I have a HUGE headache. Like I'm dizzy. I feel drunk/hungover/miserable. I ate lunch and I had a snack when I got home, so it's not even like I'm drinking on an empty stomach.

Could you be dehydrated? I always get migraines and especially if I drink!

Wow seriously that OB sounds like she's the one that's out to hurt someone. I can't believe they did that, I completely understand them being worried about you, but the SWAT team sounds way too overboard, could have been handled much better I think, again you sound like a badass chick cause if I had even one cop on my door I'd be sweating bullets, I don't usually trust cops.

Also I'm sure we all want to hurt one ex somehow... :p I just flip off mine if I see an old picture.

Lol it wasn't my OB's fault. I LOVE her. I was so sad when she was pregnant and went on maternity leave. Then, she transferred to a job that had better hours and pay after just a couple weeks of being back. :( It was the therapist. That's what happened with my first 51/50. My therapist twisted what I said and had me on an involuntary hold in high school for three days. Because I said, "I'm not going to kill myself but I'm not going to promise to be here tomorrow" because I just spent an hour telling her how I felt betrayed by her as my therapist and that she didn't care and I wanted a new person. And she was like, you have to promise to come to this appointment I am scheduling tomorrow with me. Therapists. Love em or hate em.

DamnDobbityDobs You got the SWAT! Most I ever got was a DUI - lowest point EVER...needless to say my BAC was like .32:blush: and I walked up in there like a runway model, perfect balance and all lol...Drink much?? Yea that's what a bad divorce and your kid being hidden with relatives of his will get ya....The Marchman act is a MoFo here too.
Kind of one of those self fulfilling prophecy things- someone accuses you of something you aren't doing long enuff- there comes a day when you say F it - they think I am anyway :wine::drunk:
Very rough going from literal 24hr/day caretaker of a baby since BIRTH to someone running off with them, and filing BS charges that cause you to NOT see that baby ( 1yr old) for almost a month- damn right I drown my sorrows cuz if I didn't TRUST me I would be wearing orange and SWAT woulda pulled my cramped up hands off asshole exhubs neck...
And you know us medics...I was ready to choke him out resuscitate him and do it again and again ! Mama Bear was NOT playing with the cub being taken by my abusive ex of all ppl!
Gah- bad times- in the rear view now, but it def is a factor in my wanting a baby again- it's like he made it SUCH a bad experience I want my DS to have a sib AND I want a do over.

CampnOutI agree with D to the obby...brown=olllld.
Sounds like IB to me woop woop!

Dobs WTF happened over in San Bernadino???? That was allllll over the news here all day but not much reason why or whom

Oh I don't know. SB is like 30 minutes from here, and I was in a bad mood so I didn't listen to NPR while I was driving so I have no idea what is going on in the world. All I know is it was in SB at a social service center and the death count is currently at 12.

Honestly, I wanted to get back into spinning but with the way things are now there is not enough money for me to be in public spinning a wooden rifle as an African American. All I need is one dumb person to say I'm out with a gun, and headphones in giving another meaning to the phrase boom boom boom boom. r_r

J, I am so sorry about your dumb*** ex. That sucks to deal with. :( But I have to say the whole choke and resuscitate was hilarious

Yay! My blanket was just delivered! :) Also happy to know I'm on the later end of the delivery schedule for the day. I always get anxious having packages arrive before I get home.

Hm. So I put a big of Orgy in my drink, less than I did yesterday and even less than I do typically. I have a HUGE headache. Like I'm dizzy. I feel drunk/hungover/miserable. I ate lunch and I had a snack when I got home, so it's not even like I'm drinking on an empty stomach.

LOL well it's normal to feel a bit woozy after a big orgy no??:rofl:

LOL you know tmi as much talk as I talk and as freaky as I get, never broken the 1-1 ratio in the bedroom.

Sorry you had a rough day Dobs:hugs:
Take some ibuprofen and pepto before bed to stave off the after effects :blush: sounds like I may know a thing or two about it eh :haha:

ooh Dobbles! Meant to ask you how is it you all got into the Lifestyle stuff?
Was he already, or you already, or just decided to try?
I had a guy offer to be my Cuck once- read up on it and was like :saywhat::shock:
Then the idea of having every whim met, massages on command, and having my bath drawn nightly and being "dressed" to go out appealed to me....Can't quite go there tho...not with kiddos...:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->