General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Fluek sorry about AF.

Gigs still very early yet lol I’m a few days behind you at 5dpo.

Things here have been crazy my Granny has been super sick and weakened so she went to rehab at the hospital for a few weeks. Well she still isn’t strong enough and we have to send her to a nursing home for a while- my mom is pretty upset as she’s been at the hospital day and night and it’s hard to watch her get weaker etc. tolday she was pretty confused and kept talking about what clothes to put her in for her funeral. I just feel like it’s the beginning of the end for her and it makes me sad....

Gigs congrats on your art being a book cover :)

I'm not seeing a line yet but still soooo early :)

I have opks, I just never really noticed ewcm. I only use opks if i see ewcm. Unless I'm late on O I might test anyways. I'm conservative wuth my opks lol. I've had to with long cycles.

Cppeace I hear you. My weight loss is stagnant as I'm totally unmotivated to work out.

CB you still had one BD session was it 2 days ago? That's still fertile window :)

AFM today has just been a bad day. Don't even want to recap but AF was the worst of it. I know it's probably for the best but it still hurts. Sorry to be mopey. Anyways, i plan on indulging on some wine after DH gets home.

Oh anyone heard anything from dobby? I hope she and A are alright.

Texas thanks. I hope you, gigs, and CB all have better luck than me this cycle.

I'm so sorry about your grandma. I hope something changes and her condition improves. If not, I really recommend hospice care. I do hope she doesn't need it though. :hugs:

Tex so sorry to read this. I remember vividly when my mom got the phone call that her mom was deathly ill. I won't recap it but it's burned in my memory...losing loved ones is hard but the effect it has on the ones we are closest to can be very heartbreaking to boot. So sorry :hugs:

Fluek you are conservative with your hpt's too :haha: ooooh a nice glass of wine sounds lovely. I could really go for some egg nog and run...too bad it's seasonal. I made my own once but it tasted to "light", not thick and heavy like the good stuff. Maybe I'll have to try again...

Gigs, what can I say I'm a "frugal" woman. Well, in some ways at least. I used to get aggravated with my dad for being penny pincher l but seems I've developed his frugality. :rofl:

I've never had alcoholic egg nog. I do like the virgin version bit I have to be in a mood for it. A nice big margarita on the rocks would really hit the spot though ;)

Oh and yes, you should try again sometime, to make egg nog that is :)

Ahhhhh margaritas..... i could definitely go for one or more!

My day has been equally shitty. The nursing home bit was the icing on the proverbial cake. I’m glad tomorrow is my Friday

We’re ok fluek. Just a busy work week. We were discharged sat morn, I was commuting from my mom’s Monday and Tuesday so A could stay home. We have min days today and tom so he’s in daycare. He did well. Cps was over today so I was flipping out trying to clean and then she didn’t even snoop around lol. Ten year reunion on Saturday. Ex hasn’t scheduled his visits so not my problem. Money woes. Only pumping 15oz now but I did say I wanted to stop at 9 months anyway. A is having a hard time readjusting to sleeping at home and my mom has my baby monitor so i’m Trapped upstairs at night lol

But all in all nothing cookies and wine can’t fix literally had cookies and wine for dinner

I try to read and catch up but honestly the thread just moves too fast for me rn

I want to go back and catch up. Hopefully tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy. In the meantime, I'll update on why I haven't been keeping up.

Saturday: Busy day with family and getting my archery bow sighted in for an archery shoot on Sunday.
Sunday: Archery shoot all day. Sunday night feeding the boys I realized my book came from Amazon and I walk down our extreamly long driveway while DH is with the boys. While I'm out I realize there's a pitbull in our driveway. I assume it's the neighbors and tell it go to home. He stands in the middle of the road (busy country road people drive about 60mph) I run back up the driveway and tell DH to go rescue the dog and take it back home. Dog is super scared and nervous and it takes DH HOURS for him to get the dog on a leash and into his truck. It wasn't the neighbors. Was dumped there by someone. We call our PD. They won't take him because we live in the country. Call the sheriffs. They don't take animals. Call the county they say to "let the dog go because the shelters are full" like WTF let him go and get hit by a car?!?! Call a million other places who all say to let him go!!!!! By this point the dog is super sweet but we can't keep him. We live in a small house with two babies and nowhere to keep him. Our PD finally takes him. DH and I are crying because the dog is so sweet and was pulling on DHs shorts not wanting to go into the PD kennel. DH comes home. We cry. Feel terrible and feel like we did the wrong thing.
Monday: call PD. Dog has been taken to animal shelter. Shelter is closed. We find our for sure dog is there and come up with a plan to check on him tomorrow and make sure the shelter is truly no kill as they say. Eat dinner. I get incredibly sick. I have these random "attacks" with stomach cramps, pain and nausea. I've had them for a few months now. Doc put me on meds a few weeks ago. It's obviously not helping because I had another attack.
Tueaday: email doctor. Check on dog. We're told dog isn't going to be an adoption candidate because of him temperament (very scared of people at first). So he will be euthanized after 3 days. Husband adopts dog and pays $150 for him *face palm*
Doctor emails back and says I need an ultrasound asap.
DH sleeps in living room with stray, I sleep in bedroom with our dogs. My female hound doesn't like him.
Wednesday: DH takes dog to work and finds him a home!!!!!!
I miss dog. ;(
Ultrasound complete.
Doctor emails, I have Gallstones and need surgery.
Tomorrow: go in for appointment with general surgeon.

Intense greenie. Glad it worked out for the pittie, suspect his breed wasn’t doing him favors r_r, and sorry about gallstones. My coworker had those. I think idk i’m Self absorbed

Dobs will exSO's not scheduling visits negatively effect him in regards to custody? When will they be ruling on that?

Wow Green y'all have been busy! Will they be temoving just the stones or your whole gallbladder? I'm still convince mone is on the fritz even though they said after CT everything looks "perfect". I'm still getting random but light cramping (upper right side of my absomen) which seemed to come on after eating red meat twice this weekend. Oh well, they probably won't do anything until it's a major issue like what you're describing...so I won't push it, especially since I need to find a need dr anyway. Sorry just thinking as i type lol. Sorry about the dog drama but that's great you got him a home! Will the new owner help pay back some of the expense for getting the dog out of the shelter? It sucks to be out that money. A packed shelter and thwy jave him one day and still charge you out the ass to take back the dog you brought in. Shame. Makes me wonder if all shelters are shadey...like the one who adopted out a terminally ill cat to me -.-

So glad A is discharged Dobs & hes getting on the mend! :hugs: Wine & cookies is the best tmt :)

MrsG awww poor doggy.. <3 crappy you have gallstones, like Gigs said will they remove just them or the actual gall bladder? They removed my Mums gallbladder to stop anymore developing! Hope your feeling lots better real soon aswell & a swift recovery whenever they do surgery xx

8dpo is so early aswell Gigs lol i want to poas now - @ 1dpo :haha: i always found second or third morning pee more better for tests.. fx for something today my lovely

Oh Tex so sad to hear about your Gran, its hard watching it all go on & knowing nothing can be done.. lotsa love & hugs

Big hugs Flueks. Hope you enjoyed some Wine last night. Its gonna happen so hang there! How many cycles were u guys ttc before you fell pg with V??

I have a day off work today, holiday ive ecrued :) so il be doing my nails after lunch & then doing some cleaning & laundry lol so rock n roll haha! It gets done quicker with no kiddies around

Tex I&#8217;m so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Green wow that dog story, poor baby! So glad he found a home, it&#8217;s terrible they were going to euthanize him at the shelter.

I know it's early cb, but I have a serious test addiction! Like seriously, I have 20 minites before I have to be somewhere, and I was thinking should I grab coffee and a bite or buy a test and take it in the grocery store bathroom? LOL! Logic won out and I got coffee, like, seriously gigs, you can't wait two hours? :haha: I am the worst.

Also i've totally rationalized testing early so I know what a negative looks like hahahahhahah

Gig- I'm not seeing anything on your tests, but 7dpo is so incredibly early. I didn't get my first vvvvvf BFP until late afternoon 10dpo and even that can be pretty early, it seems. Fx<3

Texas- I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I hope the nursing home she is in will treat her with the utmost compassion. My maternal grandmother was in a NH prior to her death and we have nothing but kind memories of her stay there. Every time we went to see her, she was in good spirits. Her roommate was eccentric and always made her smile (to the best of her weakened ability). I wish the same for yours. <3

Flueky :hugs: I'm sorry to hear about AF.

Speaking of margaritas- I could go for a frozen one right about now. Even at 8 in the morning. :lol:

Dobby- Is ex entitled to standard visitation, or is it a bit more extreme given the circumstances?

Green- I'm so glad that pit found y'all. <3 What a happy ending.

AFM- Today is my best friend's birthday so we are going to take the toddlers (she has one the exact same age as my youngest) to the beach and lounge around while the big kids are in school. Neat tidbit- I met her when our oldest were in 1st grade (5 years ago). They became the closest of friends and sparked our own friendship. At the time we also had 2 year old toddlers (my DD1) who were born a month apart, and they became fast BFF's (still to this day at 8 years old). Then she accidentally conceived her 3rd and two months later I did as well. So all three of our kids are the same age, in the same grades, and all close as can be.

I'll be scheduling my first prenatal some time today. I look for it to be scheduled somewhere within the 6th week <3

Haha you & me both Gigs :haha: love a good poas Me hehe!

Ah Bdb how nice :) hope your friend has a lovely birthday & you all enjoy the Beach today!

I got my first appointment scheduled for April 25th. It's going to be a looong wait, but I'm so excited. :cloud9:

It'll be here before you know it! Are you going to tell your friend you're expecting?

Test is developing but I'm not seeing anything so far :/

Sometimes u gotta wait for the dye to fade down before any hint is visible eeeee excited lol!

Ah yay Bdb! Thats my sisters Birthday aswell :)

Ugggh saw another crazy faint line on cheapie so used (read: wasted) a frer...definitely negative. I hate negative frer's. There's no giessing, it's just like, no. Not pregnant. And that dark solid line feels like the test is flicking you off :haha:

8dpo...got a solid line with DS2 on 8dpo but no faint line until 10dpo with DS1 and m/c...I will remain hopeful but I am not very confident we have the "first cycle luck" this time...

I also completely miscalculated how many tests I had! I swore I had 5 cheapies but I only found 2! Which means now I only have 1 cheapie and 2 frer's left...if I test tomorrow it will be with a cheapie and I will try to save my frer for 10dpo which has always been accurate for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 19
Rileys was 9dpo & Nualas was 10dpo but mega hazy.. how many mins was this one at? Before the 10min mark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->