General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Thanks cb! i'll keep the hope alive but not going to count on it.

Isn't such a bummer that when you don't get pregnant not only do you have to deal with that disappointment but you also have to deal with af giving you that extra slap in the face?

Hope y'all have a lovely Easter today :) DS1 is playing with his new birthday toy and loving it. It's one of those stand up sports things that is constructed out of basically pvc pipes and some cloth; has baskets and mini basketballs, also converts to a thing you can pitch baseballs into; also has a mini net below to kick a mini soccer ball into and hit a hockey puck into. I found it on clearance at walmart for $9! I hate to be so cheap for his bday but he doesn't know the difference and he is loving it!

Happy Easter everyone!

What is everyone cooking? Or are you going out, or is someone else doing the cooking?

I’m in charge of Easter dinner because my mom has a big deadline coming up with her writing (she writes novels, short stories, etc.) and my dad literally asked me to remind him how to boil pasta so he’s not the ideal person to cook anything except steak (he’s pretty good at steak and burgers).
Anyway, I’m lazy, so I’m making spiral ham lol, just needs to bake for 2 hours to heat up, already being pre-cooked and all. Then for sides I’m making roasted potatoes, roasted baby carrots, crescent rolls (from a pillsbury can), and salad. I would’ve rather been in charge for Christmas dinner to be honest, I love making stuffing and mashed potatoes and everything. But I looked up what people make for Easter and apparently stuffing is not on the menu.

Gigs sorry about bfn. That toy sounds awesome, never would’ve thought that’d only be $9, sounds super fun!

Ah Des toy sounds fab! Riley would love it!! Im still keeping everything crossed for you Gigs :)

Mmm your Easter munch sounds yummers Shae! We had an Easter egg hunt for 6 Grankids & adults at SO’s mums house today, Riley ate so much crap & choc it made me feel ill for him Lol oh well not Easter if they dont eat it for brekkie, lunch & tea :haha:

Tomorrow im doing a half shoulder of Lamb in my slow cooker & doing roasties etc.. drooling thinking about it haha!

So my boobs have been achey today but not to get excited but im having a teeny bit of cramps & spotting.. i know im only 5dpo (already omg) but Rileys spotting started at 5dpo do ye never know :shock:

Oooo CB how exciting, can’t wait for you to start testing! We always have an egg hunt around the house, and we have Easter baskets hidden as well. Lots of chocolate, but I haven’t started eating any of it somehow.

Ah get munchin on that chocolate Shae hehe! I think its lovely doing egg hunts :) is their many of your in your house doing the egg hunt, siblings/cousins?

Sorry can't go back many pages.

We celebrated Easter on Friday since DH was off that day and not this weekend. Just had a few eggs "hidden" in V's playroom. They had little snacks in them.

Today, I went to my in-laws and watched my nephews egg hunt. I ate a bit there as I was getting hungry. However, I prepped a lasagna this a.m. while V was napping and it's currently in the oven :) yummy

V didn't really get much, a little horse, bunny, shovel and bucket. She's a bit young for Easter stuff, but she enjoyed seeing her cousins.

Gigs, not seeing it. I still think 10dpo is a bit early. I know how you feel though. In rare events of early testing, I feel defeated if I get a bfn. Oh and yes AF is a real slap in the face after being defeated by bfn. I mean, couldn't we get something pleasant at least??

Shae that dream sounds interesting, I hate when I'm woken up when a dream is getting really good.

Oh and Shae with you surgery and issues with your pelvic muscles. I probably wouldn't really do anal. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it could mess things up.
Jez no apologies for long post. I read this morning, but for whatever reason my brain is drawing a blank. I'd love to see a picture of Tilly sometime if you don't mind :)

CB hope you get bfp!!

J, hello and Happy Easter :)

Texas awesome about the weight loss. It does feel good getting new clothes celebrating your body :)

Dobby, yeah, I didn't go to my reunion. I mean anyone I want to keep in touch with I do. I've learned that life and time is too precious to waste on doing things you don't really want to do just because you feel "socially obligated" to. Sorry, it went poorly :(

Alright, sorry I didn't go back further and only recalling what I read earlier. Happy Easter everyone :)

Proper response later but
Cb what are roasties?

Flueks you’re probablg right about that :haha: they never told me anything about it but still, yeah

Roasties are roast potatoes, roasted carrots etc yorkshire pudding (batter puffed up when cooked in oven) i luuuuuurve crispy roast potatoes mmm basically anything thats cooked & crisped up in the oven :)

That's why my easter lacked! Potatoes! We had ham for days. Ham dip, ham sliders, spiral ham...and eggs galore--in the potato salad (oh look i lied--well roasted potatoes would have been better), in the regukar salad, deviled eggs, and pickled eggs (only soaked in beet juice...not very good). Some other rando dishes. Ham dio with crackers and the sliders were my faves. We also made and had cupcakes in des' honor of course--he ate two and a crap load of other easter candy junk today. I'm with you cb, surprised he wasn't sick from it all!

Cb fx on a positive test in the very near future!!! Signs sound positive!

Awww fluek how cute to see all the kiddos hunt for eggs. That makes me excited for when this round of babies (lev and cousin and our close friend's kid who is basically a cousin) are old enough to "get" the holidays and be amped up for the festivities.

So much to get caught up on!

Our weekend was so busy! It was our first full weekend with my step-son. I was worried that he would have a hard time with the new schedule (after not having spent the night with us, to staying overnight 3 nights in a row), but he did so well. It was sad taking him back to his mom, but we get him again next weekend, so we have that to look forward to.

One good part of having a blended family is the added/extra/bonus family you get with it. We had an Easter get together with a different side of the family every night and our kiddos were so spoiled with love (and candy). We even all went out to my ex-in law's ranch on Saturday. Not everyone can say they still get on so well with their ex and their ex's family, but it just works for us. It's actually really nice that my ex-husband and my fiance could pass as genuine friends. I know that makes life so much nicer for the kids.

I am going to go try to get DD2 enrolled in a 2 days a week preschool. My older daughter went to this preschool for two years as well and it was so nice. The spots fill up fast, though, and I chose against waiting in line early on this AM, so my chances of actually getting her a spot are slim. We'll see, though.

I'll update more when I get back.

What a lovely family dynamic! Hope you get a spot in the preschool. We put ds1 in part time at first and found it to be a great transition into full time kindergarten.

Afm i am admitting defeat this cycle. Haven't tested again and af isn't here yet but (without getting too detailed) i get this sore vag feeling right before af and it's happened so like 99% sure we didn't catch this cycle.

Ttc is so frustrating...I mean just that chances to conceive are so few and far between. I mean 12 CHANCES a year at best! Never mind long or anovulatory cycles. And odds are completely against even the healthiest of couples.

Don't mind me just having a pity party lol

Gigs- I'm sorry :hugs: It really is such a crapshoot and oftentimes so unfair. A large chunk of my family already knows about me right now, but I've intentionally kept the news from my dear cousin. She has an 11 year old, but has struggled with secondary infertility for 10 years now. They cannot afford IVF and have damn near exhausted every other option :( She's an amazing mother and it's so unfair that she has been unable to conceive again. I always feel like it's a slap in her face when someone else in the family gets pregnant- often without trying or trying very little- but yet she always manages to express genuine happiness for everyone.

I was able to get DD2 enrolled! I'm surprised because normally the spots fill up within an hour of open enrollment. DD1 was loads ahead of DS when they both entered Kindergarten and I'm confident it's because she spent the two years prior in preschool. Not going to lie, though, it will be nice to have two days a week to myself before this baby arrives, too. :blush:

Get the wine out for your pity party Gigs lol! Your still in as long as af hasnt arrived!

I had Riley in a great preschool/day nursey & places filled up quick aswell, i think it brings them on in leaps & bounds as they say! Plus its good for them to interract with others that aren’t family members :) Nuala loves her childminder.. shes abit poorly today, cough, snotty & just clingy & off her food, praying its not Chicken Pox as its going around Rileys school!

I be testing in a few days eeeeek crazy how fast this tww has gone, probs because of the Easter break!

Im peeing LOADs today which i know is impossible as a pre pg sign as im only 5ish dpo lol

Im slow cooking lamb today, the house smells lovely ;)

Trust me Gigs- I feel ya.... have a pity party.and wine... it helps haha

Bdb glad you got into the preschool! We got my daughter into head start when she was 3 due to her speech issues. We made way too much money to qualify normally but since she was considered a “special ed” student due to speech we got in automatically since the school has to serve a certain percentage of special ed students regardless of income. It was a full day of school 5 days a week. And she rode the bus up to my school campus at the end of the day so it worked out perfect. She’s doing so good in kindergarten this year and I know it’s due to everything she learned in headstart for 2 years. I wish Texas had free preschool for every kid in the state but let’s face it, they have a hard enough time fully finding public education as it is now. Our pay is terrible and insurance is too. Now depending on the district you work for they may pay a good deal more than state base but mine only does $1500 above state base which isn’t much. So it looks like Texas ranks pretty high on salary but really it’s the bigger city districts inflating the numbers cause they pay more. I could make $15-20k more just by moving to Dallas area but i hate traffic and all that mess...

10 dpo and nothing to report on that front....

Ahhh fx cb! Frequently peeing was a sign for me with ds1. Ohhhh i hope this is your month!

Bdb how rough for your cousin. I hope your pregnancy is well received by her and whoever else you have and haven't announced to yet.

Tex where you at? How are things foing, did your temp go back up?

Who else is in tww? I can't remember.

Yes temp went up slightly this morning. I’m doing good. Just super busy with school and helping with my granny and stuff...

As to where I am, i live in Paris Texas and it’s right near the Oklahoma border. Not sure if that’s what you were referring to with your “where” question haha

I live in deep south Texas :wave: I'm always appalled when I hear of how our teachers are having to pay for their classroom supplies out of their own pockets. Trying not to go political here, but I sure wish our government cared more about education than they do other issues.

Moving on :blush:

In other news, my SIL and BIL (DH's older brother) just found out they are expecting #2 so it looks like the family will be getting two new babies in the month of December! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->