General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Yes, I’ve been buying new clothes when I have time to look. I got new bras and some panties from Victoria secret and then got some shirts and pants for work.

Gigs- yeah that’s what we tried, it didn’t help much unfortunately. And it wasn’t really the first time, it was just the first time that lasted more than a minute before I’d had enough. The first time I legit fainted.

Glad you found your ring set. I would’ve freaked as well.

Tex- awesome that you got new clothes! Is that because of the weight loss? Before my grandmother died my mom had lost a bunch of weight and got a bunch of new clothes. Unfortunately when her mom died she gained it all back due to stress eating. She still hopes to fit back in them someday.

Yes, i literally had nothing to wear to school cause all my pants were falling off my butt. I’m hoping to keep it all off but I know if I go back to eating carbs at the level I used to I will gain it all back and then some probably... there has to be a happy balance somewhere

I came on here to vent about my stupid online shopping experience on the Gap website (spent over 30 mins selecting items before realizing I was on the US site somehow, then another half hour selecting items on the sh*tter Canadian site, and then the ******* thing wiped my shopping card right as I was about to pay! Screw them! My child will go nude! Jk she has too many clothes) but you guys distracted me and made me feel better... till I just wrote the above out in parentheses and got angered again.

Anyway, Gigs I’m so glad about your ring and I actually totally dig your journal-like posts. Also I’m proud of you for holding out on testing for 24 hours (though was it actually 24 hours, hmm?). I’m sorry to say I can’t see a line, but it’s only a matter of time, damn it.

Shae your story was hilarious. I guess you put the “hole” in holy experience. I am actually very reluctant to do that particular deed, even though it makes me reach O (not that O) extreeeeemely quickly. The key is to completely relax your body. Anyway, good job, old girl.

Tex your weight loss is so impressive. You must be loving having new clothes. I’m sure it’s a good motivator to keep the weight off too.

Dobs your hair looks awesome and I’m stealing the walkie talkie thing. Also I’m dying to hear how the reunion was. I missed my 10-year one because obv I live overseas, but my 20-year one is coming up in a couple years. Doubt I’ll go, for same reasons. Plus i can pry into people’s lives well enough on Facebook so why bother.

Speaking of Facebook, did you know kids these days think it’s for old people?!?!

Michelle I agree with Gigs that anything from 3 months up just gets more and more delightful. I love that Tilly is running around and trying to do and say things. Tbh I’m delaying TTC#2 because I’m petrified of having to go back to the infant stage, not to mention with a toddler too. But I do kind of miss pregnancy, especially now that my bestie is preg. Of course I’m forgetting how much the nausea and disturbed sleep and inability to walk or dress myself sucked.

PL I love the daT. I think toddlers are the absolute cutest when they try to talk.

CB I’m not going to basingtoke, Just London and Essex. I’m already hating the thought of travelling around so much! I’m gonna have to convince friends in the ‘Stoke to come to London if they wanna see us. I’m totally gonna pull the child card, since my two good friends there don’t have kids :p

Re: ovulation and OPKs, I’ve always been baffled. I’ve read that it happens just before OPK turns negative and also that it happens within 12 hours of first positive, even if it remains positive for days. Annoying. That’s irrelevant to me anyway coz mine never looked totally positive. But at least we usually aren’t going to be more than one day off. Who am I kidding... in the ttc world that’s like a month. But for normal people... well, normal people don’t even know what half this shit is. My other BFF has been ttc for 1.5 years and she still knows nothing about ovulation, testing etc. We talk about it from time to time and she’s with a fertility clinic but still seems clueless about it all. I’m not judging, coz in fact that’s probably normal. Someone should make a documentary about us TTCers. I bet I could think of a really catchy title for it if I could be bothered. Meh.

Oh my god please don’t hate me for my long posts. And don’t feel bad if you don’t read them. Looking at the above, I’d definitely be like “f*** that”

Jez I’m glad it’s a pleasant experience for you lol. Kinda makes me think about how I’m reluctant to exercise but I always feel really good afterwards. Regarding the documentary, they could always start with an episode of “my strange addiction”. As for Facebook, people say that but I still see a ton of my classmates on Facebook. My little sister didn’t want to make one, though. So maybe it’s kids born after 2000? Who knows.

My sister set up a bunch of April fools pranks which I realized when I got up for a snack and opened my door and walked into a piece of paper that she’d hung from my door frame. So I went into her bedroom and wrote “HI” on her forehead in red dry erase marker. And put tape on the bottom of her mouse. She’s obsessed with her computer, she’s always on it. Maybe now she’ll take a break :haha: I wanted to use food coloring for something but I couldn’t find any in the cupboard.

Ooh Dobby you look super hot hun! Sorry the Reunion was a bummer.. i hope you left in style with some witty f**k u comments!

Fab news on more weight loss Tex :) such an amazing accomplishment being just under your target weight! Good for you purchasing some new bits

Ohhhh Gigs thank god u found your Rings :shock: i bet you had that panic kick in the stomach feeling, i get that everytime i forget mine somewhere or think ive left my hair straighteners on when im out :haha: sorry your last test was neg hun!

Haha Jez, yes def pull that card & get them to come upto London.. its not that far really from the South!

Shae u naughty minx Lol! Was this an Easter treat for the boyf?? Ive only ever let SO attempt sticking his finger in & that pinched lol! I’l be having no more of those shennanigans, just the normal hole for me

I went out to my friends last night & had this pasta fajita thing with garlic bread & we had wine, i didnt drink that much & didnt really feel drunk.. mini hang this morning! Mainly headache urhh!! Still,.. easter egg hunt today at the inlaws for the kiddies, Rileys excited!

Happy Easter ya&#8217;ll <3

CB- that &#8220;pasta fajita thing&#8221; sounds good, makes me hungry. Sorry about the headache though.
As for the &#8220;naughty minx&#8221; stuff (that made me laugh): It wasn&#8217;t an Easter thing, but definitely a treat for him, and I much prefer the normal natural areas. The &#8220;treat&#8221; made me feel dirty and used, despite how accommodating he was. Not so sure he&#8217;s gonna get that treat again, by no fault of his own, it just f*cks me up mentally for some reason. No clue why, it&#8217;s confusing to me.

I was having an awesome dream during my afternoon nap and my sister woke me up during it because the pizza had arrived and it was very disappointing cuz I wanted to know where that dream was gonna go. I was in London with Hermione Granger and the HP guys (obviously Hermione was the most important in the dream because I love her) and we were looking in the back of stores for the entrance to diagon alley (idky in the dream it wasn&#8217;t behind the leaky cauldron but apparently it was in the back of a regular muggle store). We couldn&#8217;t use our wands yet, it was like we knew the spells but couldn&#8217;t perform them. I love/hate how my first thought in the dream when someone wouldn&#8217;t show us to the back of the store was to use the imperius curse, like Jesus that&#8217;s not okay, that&#8217;s an unforgivable curse! But all that happened was I said it with my wand out, cuz like I said, I couldn&#8217;t do spells. When I said it and nothing happened I remembered I couldn&#8217;t actually do it lol. Whoops. Anyway, it&#8217;s just a stupid dream, it doesn&#8217;t matter. Just wish I could&#8217;ve finished it.

Haha i love dreams like that! Id love to be a real witch & get to study at Hogwarts lol im sad :haha:

Jez I love your long posts, I really appreciate that you respond to everyone. I HATE doing most things online where you have to make a payment. There are so many steps, write your email, confirm your email, type these random letters so we know you are a human, oh you did that wrong, try this other set of random letters...rrraaargh i much rather shop at a store. unfortunately the best stores (like carters for example) are 45 minutes away.

Shae i hate when that happens, being woken from an interesting dream. Happened to me the other day.

Nice new pic cb!

Oooh tex i'm jealous! I need bras pretty badly.

Oh Jez I actually made it 35 hours! Just tested now though; bfn :( definitely out now. Hoping someone brings good booze to easter so i can partake.

For your viewing pleasure. It kind of looks like a faint line on my phone but nothing irl. I should be 11dpo, possibly 10, we'll find out when af shows (should be 12dpo).

Feeling ok about it...bummed but also ok with a little bigger age gap between 2&3, and also I'll be closer to a year out from last birth which is what was recommended.

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpg
    IMG_3635.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 18
If u are 10dpo Gigs.. my ultra faint nothing line with Nuala was later morning/early afternoon of 10dpo :thumbup: i can see that line you say about on the pic

Do you have a pic of your first pos test with her?

Happy Easter everyone! We’ve had a crazy weekend so far and have only been home long enough to all go to sleep. I’m about to head to church and to one last Easter get together and then I’ll be able to properly post.

Soooo my temp took a decent dip today. Insert eye roll here. But to be fair I did sleep in my kids bed last night after starting out in mine and her waking me up at 2 am. Took my temp at 7:30 and then adjusted it to normal time of 5:30. Soooo it may not be super accurate but oh well.

Found it Gigs!! The upload quality is abit naff but its so not there but it was Lol

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1030257&stc=1&d=1522593226

Attachments

• AC4CBBE2-F87D-4089-9443-BEA0FAA7B4C2.jpg
    AC4CBBE2-F87D-4089-9443-BEA0FAA7B4C2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g