General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I've never seen it! I was afraid it'd freak me out about labor

Yeah for me

5th and 6th was puberty ed like basic anatomy then this is what to expect and why it happens

7-9th was the full on sex and drug ed.

We were told not to announce or bring up the walk out recently and reminded teachers cannot participate per our contract but we also cannot stop any kid who does want to walk out

Ugh getting that telltale scratchy throat feeling indicating I'm probably about to battle whatever Lev had...and Des had a fever tonight so the illness is making its rounds! Took colloidal silver and hope it knocks it out!

Gigs, no. Those kids that wore jerseys had an idea what happened. Teachers were afraid that those kids that didn't wear a jersey didn't know about the tragic accident and that the teachers would have to explain.

Omg my mom just now mentions there’s a Comcast weeklong free movies promo like woman don’t you know i’m Broke and all about free things

Haha Dobs I don’t know what that is but I’m happy for you. ETA: k I could’ve tried harder and guessed what you meant (free movies, basically). I was thinking comic con for some reason.

I think my sex ed experiences must’ve been the same as CB’s. The only thing that I remember though is learning that anal sex can make you lose control of your bowels. Some annoying girl loudly called out that my friend, who was not in the class, has done it (it’s true... but a lot of us started being sexually active quite early in my lovely hometown). I was shocked that she’d disrespect my friend’s privacy like that, which is probably why I remember only that.

Shae that video is awful and so factually incorrect. But probably nothing compared to some of the stuff taught in some of the schools over there.

PL that’s sad about the jogger. Did you know them? Also weird about the jersey stuff.

CB I loved OBEM too before and when preg, soooo much! Cried at every birth I swear. I actually loved seeing how different births can be and also that things like heart decels are pretty common and normal (in most situations). Had I not seen that on OBEM, id have freaked out in labour for sure. Wish I could watch again but I need to pay for a service that makes my IP address look like I’m in the UK.

Gigs argh I hate the telltale sore throat. In such a wuss with sore throats. And agreed re: rapes in prison. It’s probably hard to get accurate numbers because some people just don’t report, but I suspect men report less and in any case that’s just horrific. And yes, general male bashing needs to stop.

BDB - ah your poor hubby’s foot! That must’ve been such a shock seeing all that blood. DD2’s excitement about baby is so sweet. It’s things like that that make me excited about having a larger age gap. The thought of Tilly being thrilled about a baby brother or sister and excitedly preparing and helping just melts my heart. I didn’t realize some kids liked babies so much till I saw how obsessed my young cousin was with Tilly and also just random young kids we come across. Anyway, can’t wait for scan time! My BFF’s is in less than 12 hours so I’m excited about that too.

Was gonna respond to something else but I forgot. It’s not like I don’t write enough anyway...

Also, upon further reflection on the anal sex tidbit and recalling my Malteser story from yesteryear, they probably had a point...

Lol!!! I do enjoy when the malteser story comes back into conversation. And wtf about ratting out a friend who had booty sex? I don't know if it was better or worse that she wasn't there to defend herself/be insanely embarassed...

Y'all, my throat is good! I am officially a colloidal silver advocate. Takken at the first sign of illness, it has knocked out stuff for me more often than not.

Unfortunately i have a headache. 5dpo...pregnancy symptom? :-k lol

Also I've been get stupid mild cramping in my upper abdomen again. I'm not sure what to do...i mean I had. Crap ton of bloodwork and a CT (where things looked "beautiful ") so it was determined that I had a virus last month...could I still be having residual pain from that? It's pretty mild, not nearly as bad as it was but worrying me.

Dobs my school spent 50 million years on drugs lol, 5-6 and 8th grade were about drugs, 7th grade was about sex, STDs, and abusive relationships. Before 5th grade we talked about nutrition, parts of the body (except not the reproductive parts), and how we’d be able to afford to go to Disney world with the money it would cost to smoke. Oh and we had a first aid and cpr unit in 6th grade. I remember in 7th grade a friend of mine who was in 6th grade couldn’t go on our trip to six flags cuz she fainted during the burns video and got a concussion. And I remember watching it myself in 6th grade, and the same year we also watched a video by some lady about how the drug monster got her son and now he’s dead.

Jez yeah I was sitting there watching it like “that’s not true thoughhh”. That’s horrible that that girl announced that to the entire class. We never talked about anal sex in my health class at all. Or any kind of sex other than vaginal intercourses, and we didn’t really talk about what it was, just the consequences of it. You’re right though that it’s nothing compared to some of what is taught over here. I’ve had friends tell me about teachers who told them that birth control isn’t effective at all and fails the majority of the time, and that condoms didn’t actually help at all. And then there’s the crazy number of people who thinks using a tampon makes you lose your virginity. Like what??? Although to be fair, 7% of the US population thinks chocolate milk comes from brown cows sooooo

Good morning!

I'm pleasantly surprised that this week went by as fast as it did. Now I just need to get through the weekend, Monday, and Tuesday, and then it will be scan day :cloud9:

Our weekend is fully loaded, thankfully, so it should zoom by. We get DSS this weekend. Tomorrow DSS has a soccer game at 9AM, followed by a birthday party for our 2 year old nephew, and then another soccer game for my DS. Days like that are always so hectic but so nice.

Jez- I always wanted my kids to be close in age but it just never worked out that way for us. There are nearly 4 years between DS and DD1. 5 years between DD1 & DD2, and will be very nearly 4 years between DD2 and this baby. On the downside, I always ended up getting rid of all my baby stuff between each kid. On the brightside, each kiddo was out of diapers and sleeping like a rock before a new baby came around. Granted there is only a week between DD2 and DSS so that always takes some getting used to on our weekends with him since it's very much like having twins.

Bdb sounds like a very exciting next couple of days! That scan will be here before you know it.

Cb I hate when it does that. I'm in the habit now of refreshing the page before I do anything else. Also if I type a long response sometimes I'll copy it before i submit it just in case!

gigs 5dpo eeeee! What day u testing or will it be tomorrow? Lol

Lol! Thinking about Sunday but it's harder for me to sneak away for a test on weekends, so may have to wait until Monday. I'm back to not being too "fussed" about it...at this point I'm feeling no different so not feeling like we caught this cycle, and I'm in no hurry to see a bfn!

Oooh good thinking Gigs!! I may copy so i csn copy n paste :thumbup:

You had at least 2 jiggys right before your early ov’ing so your def in Gigs!! Your test fever will kick in very soon lol

Bdb the days will go by so fast & then Weds eeeep! Im so excited for you :)

I hope your sons enjoy the football games

Where its so hot here atm i look so pastey, i did some self tan this evening.. hoping it looks ok in the morning haha if not im sure you ladies will find out!

I dunno if its the heat but im starting to feel bit blueghhh! My tummys been feeling tender today like with food, not feeling that hungry & keep getting the fluttery butterfly feeling like when u meet someone new & every now n then you feel sicky weird lol its weird! I think it pg related

Sounds like those pregnancy hormones are kicking in cb!

OMG on the sex "education". Honestly, i really only remember going over the anatomy and was educated that abstinence is what you should practice. I think they had a video with a guy at a party and getting an erection.

They separated males and females too. Can't remember much else.

Bdb how is hubby today? Hope it doesn't get infected. Ah so exciting your appt is almost here. The last few days usually drag by but hopeing since you're busy they will fly by.

Gigs, I also am feeling out and I'm not sure I've Od yet. I hope you are wrong though. I love colloidal silver. Silver has amazing healing abilities.

CB woohoo pregnancy hormones kicking in. I mean it's a double edged sword. Symptoms are a very good sign but the symptoms suck. Wjen is your appt?

Dobby enjoy the free channels!

AFM had a pretty good day. V slept much better last night. I can't recall if I memtioned she has croup and ear infection. She a trooper as always but they cough had been waking her up.

4 more workdays til vacation. I took her to office today as I was only going to be in there briefly. Also stopped at buttermilk sky pie. Has anyone else had a pie from them. OMG they are divine! I want to eat one now, but waiting for DH to get home.

Well after several mornings of forgetting to temp, I remembered today. It's luteal phase range. So I'm mega confused on when I Od if I truly am in luteal phase. If my temps stay up, I'll test Wednesday. Probably won't test while on vacation though. I'm feeling out about this cycle anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->