General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Yes! Disc golf. It's like throwing frisbees at targets (metal baskets). Tomorrow's course is mostly in the woods which I like, minus the ticks. Hubby calls it "competitive hiking" lol. It's a really fun game! I'm not very good at it but I have a lot of fun playing.

That sounds like lotsa fun! I love games like that, takes me bavk the P.E at school :)

Can I have a week without chaos??

So this morning I let my dog out back to do his business and I just so happened to peak out back before letting him in. I saw something small and gray curled up into a ball (I thought it was a cat) laying behind DS's soccer goal net. I walked up to it and it was a poor little opossum all hung up in the net. It was wrapped several times around his neck, back, and his limbs. I called out to DS to run and bring scissors, where we spent the next 20 minutes trying to free him. He was 'playing dead' the entire time, but at one point I was convinced he was already gone.

DS called our local animal control to ask them to come out but they told us they would only retrieve opossums if they were in a trap. DS got upset and said, "well he looks pretty trapped to me!" :( No luck there. I called DH and he could not leave work. I even called ex-DH and he told me to call the local police department and see if they would send anyone out.

But they wouldn't because it's wild life. They told me I could try to reach a local game warden and gave me a number that got me nowhere. I ended doing a google search for local game wardens, dialed the first number I saw, and a sweet lady answered and told me she'd be here ASAP.

In the meantime the little guy finally perked up and was frantically trying to free himself. I had cut away every piece of net but one that was wrapped so tightly around his little arm that it was beginning to cut into it :( The game warden showed up within 20 minutes and he was freed near instantly. They are taking him in to make sure his arm is okay, but she was optimistic he'd be just fine because there was still blood flow to his arm when she cut him loose.

I don't know if it's just pregnancy hormones or what, but the entire ordeal had me in tears. I felt so bad for that poor animal. Who knows how many hours he had been caught. I'm surprised that he didn't get aggressive with me when I was messing with him. I know they are naturally very docile, but he was terrified and I kept expecting him to try to bite. But he never did.

Cb- I'm so sorry about your BIL! :( Prayers that he makes a full recovery.

Flueky- V is such a cutie <3

Gigs- I'm sorry AF arrived. Fx for next cycle.

Omg the opossum! What a crazy but near experience. Sounds like he'll be fine and that will be the type of thing you laugh at later. Did you get any pictures? Are they cuter up close?

Aww poor possum. Glad he was taken in and should be fine. They are usually helpful critters- eat tons of ticks.
On a cute factor I would say they are equal in cuteness with a big rat. I don't say they are ugly but wouldn't say they are cute .
I think Armadillos are adorable though, especially as babies.

My temp plummeted today and I'm tired.

Cp it’s early for the drop of doom though. You’re only 6dpo.... hopefully it will rebound

Yeah 7dpo, I'm not saying it means anything. Just was something that happened.

Australian (o)possums are sooooo much cuter, dare I say adorable!

Cp i thought they predate on chickens? The type of lovely critter that eats its prey butt end first *vomit*

CB, thinking good thoughts for your BIL!

Sending pregnancy vibes your way CP and Tex!

V is soooo cute Fleuks!

they rarely will attack adult chickens. They mostly will go after chicks and eggs. They only go after easy prey mostly.
Yes Australian Opossums are cute as heck.

Awaiting to see if Cpeace your temp shoots back up.. could be an implant dip ;)

Gigs i hope you enjoy your disc golf fun today!

So sil has a flight out this afternoon, bil is unable to use hus left side, right side working fine which is great, his face has dropped on the 1 side apparently, he was complaining of headaches & didnt feel too good the evening before so none of them went out, just to dinner & back to hotel for an early night.. no one can pinpoint exact cause, could even be cabin pressure cause it seems but theres no blood blockage now which is good, he cant speak, just slur sounds.. i feel so awful for him, sil is in a bit of a state bless her, best we can hope for is that he stays stabilised & they can fly him home when hes feeling upto it

Im meeting my friend this morning who ive not seen in months, Nuala was a little baby the last time he saw her, think we&#8217;re meet in McD&#8217;s, the thought of it makes me wanna gag atm lol he doesn&#8217;t know im pg yet ha!

Thinking of you, Cp. I agree that it could be an implant dip.

I've never found opossums to be ugly, but I'm also notably weird. I think they're one of those 'so ugly that they are cute' animals. Maybe because they are so misunderstood. :haha: I didn't take any pictures because I was too traumatized thinking the poor thing was going to die, but now I wish I did.

Last night DH and I had a lovely dinner date and I wanted an iced cold beer like no other :( I'm definitely a beer girl. I love most of them. DH and I like to sample at breweries and I'm really going to miss indulging here and there, but this baby will be worth the wait. Anyways, after dinner we walked the beach and headed home and were in bed by 9:30PM. :haha: We're such party animals. But sleeping in until nearly 10 felt absolutely amazing!

Today DS has a soccer game, DH is racing his go-karts, and then we are going to a baseball game with my sister and her hubby this evening. Should be a nice day.

Aww Bdb your dinner date sounds lovely :) have you tried &#8216;Becks Blue&#8217; non alcoholic Becks beer, if its cold straight out the fridge its like having a beer, only thing that does it for me when preggers! Really hits the spot ;)

Feeling god awful with sickness today, im not hungry for anything but really trying to eat, everything tastes weird or horrible.. had a McD 1/4 pounder eatlier today & it tasted yuk aswell, this will be here for at least another 3/4 wks at least, i know i should be happy to pg but its bluegh at moment with yukkiness, u forget, sorry im just whingey.. probs hungry lol

Tex loving your chart!

Cppeace when are you testing?

Gigs good luck today! Hope AF is being extra nasty this weekend.

Bdb sounds like a nice time away from kids :) Sleeping in would be my favorite part.

CB sorry you are having so much sickness. It's a part I dread, but it's just a phase thankfully.

AFM no AF. I didn't snap a pic yesterday either. We :babydance: last night and I had pink spotting. I figured AF was coming but she hasn't. I even did q tip test :blush: so I'll test tomorrow if no AF.

ETA: only had pink spotting after intercourse while in 1st tri. He didn't hurt me either during the act.

Oh CB so sorry to hear about BIL. With therapy I'm sure he can recover :)

Thanks Flueks, hes getting abit of movement mobility in his left side of body now which is great but its a slow process, im really hoping for a full recovery :)

Ooooh fx af stays away Flueks.. u may of tested abit too early the other day or your ov day may of been slightly out, looking forward to seeing some tests hehee fx hun!

Fingers crossed for you Fluek

I didn’t even temp this morning cause I left my thermometer in kiddos room and she actually didn’t wake me up last night so I slept in my bed all night long... oops...

Tmrw we have a bridal shower at church for my sister( our church we are members at always throw showers for the members) she’s being a total bridezilla and I don’t want to be around her. Unfortunately I’m also throwing her a bridal shower next Saturday cause none of her bridesmaids stepped up the plate to do it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->