General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Tex that’s a barely halfway drop, half hearted at best, stay positive :hugs:

Thanks for the well wishes and info regarding my SO, ladies. I appreciate it.

Just got out of my history final. My brain is a bit broken after all those finals. Currently packing up my room to go home for the summer. I’m supposed to be out by 5. Wish me luck.

Pack pack pack my lovely! Have a well deserve drinky this eve as your exams are done :)

Congrats on finishing your first year shae! Celebration time!!!

Tex fx is doesn't go any lower. If you aren't preggers I am wuite curious about the odd symptoms...???

Cd8 here. Very boring time lol.

Forget who asked about Lev's 1st bday but we are having a harry potter themed party in his honor next weekend :thumbup:
I'm really struggling for a menu so if anyone has ideas let me know, especially for an HP themed finger food side dish! The menu so far is mini meat pies, fruit salad, and oreo balls (all renamed to be HP themed). I'm going to attempt butterbeer too!

Also side comment my friend back home had her baby today! I'm so happy for her but seeing the baby pics makes me terrified of an infant again! I think about trying to run errands with both kids and omg...and then i think about what cb said, everything will be different in 9 months! Then i'm back on board lol

But omg Lev is such a crazy baby!!! He is off the walls all the time! Diaper changes have become such a challenge, he is constantly trying to turn over and stand up. So night and day frim Des who was so easy in comparison, never so much as tried to roll on the table. Lev stands on it at least once a day!

Gigs, right there with you. Logan is constantly trying to stand up on the change table. However if his hands are occupied with something of interest he'll be occupied for about 30 seconds.

L has also found out that he has something to play with inside his diaper. We are back to him sleeping in 1 piece pyjamas or else he compromises the front of the diaper bad enough that he pees over it at night.. ugh. Daytime isn't bad.

Did I mention this kid is always on the go, unless he's sleeping. I am worried how I'll manage through first trimester!
As for AF, should be due in the next few days. I have my papsmear next week too. Might have to cancel that one if that's af time!

Cb, glad to hear bil is doing better, any talk yet on when he's coming home?

Shae, congrats on getting the first year over!

Gigs take a look at this link i hope it opens.. got some great harry potter party food ideas :)

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/food/food-latest/harry-potter-snack-ideas-108882

Pacific have u tested yet? Lol! No news on when bil will be home.. :( Is L a good night sleeper?

Oh Tex im so sorry af arrived hun.. really thought this may of been your month <3

Oh ladies - Pampers nappy pants or diaper pants! For wriggly babies that wont stay still for butt changes, my friend uses them on her 10 month old, she swears by them & they dont leak, when they start wriggling aroubd just whip them up the body over their bum - done! :)

Shae i hope u had some celebratory drinkies last night hehe

If the link dont work Gigs, google harry p party food ideas, they probs have a us link that works just the same :)

Tex noooo! Why all the symptoms I wonder? Maybe conception happened but implantation went awry?

Cb thanks for the link! Looks like mostly desserts though :( i'll be "pinteresting" more food later. So no better news about BIL :/ but his improvement sounds so good!

Pl lev& log sound like two peas in a pod. I told hubs yesterday once Lev get his balance better with walking, he'll be running. This kid is gogogo alllllllllll the time. His latest thrill is protesting naps by gleefully speed crawling around his crib.

Grrr so frustrated this morning...had terrible sleep between husbands snores and Lev's nightly wake up. THEN hubs' alarm went off at SIX! Wtf???!!! He doesn't even set it that early on week days so i have no idea wtf that was about! I woke him up to turn it off and he just hit f'ing SNOOZE! Turned it off and again rolled over and instantly passed back out -.- NOT AMUSED. I am so tired and was really looking forward to NOT waking up to an alarm this morning!

I am f***ing cranky.

:hugs: Tex. I'm so sorry.

Gig- for me, going from 1-2 was the hardest. I do attribute a good portion to that due to the fact that DD1 was so clung to me. Exclusively nursed (would never take a bottle of pumped milk) and never slept.

Then DD2 came along and she was, seriously, the most happy, content baby. The transition from 2-3 wasn't nearly as hard as I was expecting, and that's also coming from someone who had a full-time two parent household for kiddos 1 & 2, to just a one parent full-time household with my third.

I do notice a huge difference in the noise level and chaos level when DSS is here. Idk if it's going from 3-4, or if he's just not fully used to our rules and routines here.. but the chaos and noice level increases ten-fold. He's a very well mannered child, so it's not like he's hard in that aspect.. but he's just a very LOUD little boy. :haha: And his forte is creating as big of a mess as possible. Lol.

Anyways, I'm rambling.

Last night DS spent the night with a buddy, DD1 went to my sister's house (along with my sister's MIL) to make mickey mouse ears for today's Disney on Ice, and DD2, DH and I went to a crawfish boil for a couple of hours. I'm very excited to take the girls to Disney on Ice this afternoon. They're going to enjoy it so much. DS has zero desire to go this year so he's going to stay behind with my dad (my mom is going with us) and have some 'boy time'.

Gigs so sorry about the early morning alarm. I would&#8217;ve been furious. Love that you&#8217;re doing a Harry Potter themed party!!! I assume the food is more for the adults considering it&#8217;s for a 1 year old? If so, maybe try foods they had at the feasts for the savory dishes rather than trying to give everything clever names? Both ways are cute though of course.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! Didn&#8217;t end up having a drink last night because of a headache though :( my mom had got me mango Smirnoff ice and everything. Oh well, maybe tonight.

Ooh if you can get gold paper plates and things that would be cool as in Harry Potter it&#8217;s all served on gold platters!

That would have been cool and probably cheaper! I got themed plates & cups w/ the house crests on them :/

Birthday parties for kids are so expensive. Looking back, I had a party where basically my whole class was invited (25 kids or so) and we went to a bowling alley and had pizza and cake. Imagine paying for bowling and shoe rentals and pizza and cake for 25 kids. That&#8217;s so much. When I got older I&#8217;d bring a few friends (2-5) to six flags with me, and generally a few would be covered by my and my mom&#8217;s season pass as they have coupons for bringing friends free. It would always be in May or June instead of near my actual birthday because April was always a super busy month for my family. I feel like I&#8217;ll want to give my kid the super awesome birthday parties though, but I&#8217;ll likely compromise with a mid-level party because of money. I totally support moms who go either way, expensive or cheap as hell, because on one hand it&#8217;s your baby&#8217;s birthday and on the other hand MONEY.

Could make a pumpkin quiche or something? Savoury scones with funky food colouring :)

Its been so hot today, we been in garden most of day, Nuala loved her little paddling pool, been slathering her in spf50 all day & suprisingly no burns which is fab! I got abit pink & i was wearing sunblock aswell.. probs not as often as the kids though, my bad! We had a bbq & i could pnly eat certain things, everything tastes like guff atm lol

Bdb i hope your enjoying disney dancing on ice today sounds like fun :)

Ooooh Shae mango Smirnoff ice.. oooh never heard of those flavours only Lemon, yummy! Hope your headaches gone

I&#8217;m so mad, I wrote out a post and was so exhausted I forgot to hit post. Whatever, it wasn&#8217;t important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->