General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Kit i’d Vote pump or just do a bottle of formula because if you stop you have to give formula anyway but I didn’t read the whole story cuz I got distracted by shae’s line tesr

Thanks, I don’t know that I would have to give formula because I thought at a year she wouldn’t need formula anymore? But yeh it’s cool, shaes line is way more important :rofl:

Kitty I’m okay, I don’t think I’m pregnant. I’m nervous but okay. I couldn’t wait a few hours so I peed in a cup to make sure I had enough (I did) and then dipped it.

It’s looking negative so far.

Either way, I feel like if it was that light at this point it wouldn’t be viable anyway.

Yep 100% no line! I don’t know whether to say sorry or not :rofl: I’m not usually happy about a negative test, nor is the other person, and I’m not 100% sure you’re happy with a negative test, because I can’t see you so can’t gauge a reaction!

I’m not quite happy, I’m relieved. I understand not knowing what to say in this situation haha

I’m slightly worried because my friend got a false negative with her IUD and I feel so awful but I’m trying to be calm and not worry about it, it’s probably fine.

What a crazy thread read! Shae definitely worth mentioning on your upcoming appointment, especially since you're having classic preggo symptoms.

PL did you tell hubby yet?

Dobs A is so adorable, I am sorry he's under the weather still.

Afm jacked up my back and it's radiating to my front and it's making me nervous...blah. Just laying on a heating pad.

Been looking at boy names today...I am in love with "Myles", what do y'all think? I haven't gotten hubby's opinion yet. But I love it so he'll probably hate it :roll:

I saw online that someone got a squinter line on the cheapie I used and nothing on frer and was pregnant. Agh. I don’t want to waste the digi in the morning cuz if I got a negative on a regular frer it won’t be positive on a digi lol. I just amazon primed a 3-pack of regular frer for way cheaper than CVS, it said guaranteed delivery on Tuesday.

Idk something just doesn’t feel right, I’m probably being crazy but idk. If worst comes to worst I’ll go to a cash lab, there’s one that I can get a beta at for $38. At the same time I feel like it couldn’t be viable especially having no real line this late. But idk I shouldn’t feel sick all the time.

Gigs, yes! I can't keep secrets from hubby! I ended up just leaving the pee stick in the bathroom on the counter for him to discover when he came home.
When he came home, he had to pee really bad, so darted to the bathroom with L in his arms (L wasn't about to let go of his daddy who he'd missed all day). So I go back to the kitchen to flip dinner.
Side story, we pee with the bathroom door open and deliberately will try to start a conversation while the other one is busy. Long story on how this started but we basically do it to bug the other person, it's a joke between us.
So I go back to the bathroom by which point Ls hands have wandered onto the counter trying to pull down whatever is in his reach. Turns out the stick was to which dh says "what's this garbage?" As it lands on the floor. As she picks it up henof course has a good look. I walked away.
5 minutes later at dinner I had to ask if he really didn't know what it was. Turns out he just wanted the "official word" from me... *Eyeroll*

Shae: while I do see the squinter I would not worry about it yet. Your symptoms have been going on too long for that to be a squinter ;)

PL guys can be oblivious to our intentions sometimes haha

Idk I feel like if I’m not pregnant there’s something medically wrong with me. I’m super impatient too, like I want to run to a cash lab immediately but a) it’s 2 am and b) my mom is in Kentucky and my dad won’t let me or my sister go more than 5 minutes away because he’s paranoid that something will happen and my mom won’t be here to deal with it. I may be an adult but they don’t let me come and go as I please, I have to ask to go places (unless it’s to work, but I don’t have a job rn). Besides, the cash lab results would take a day or two and if I’m not pregnant I’ll have wasted nearly $40 plus gas money.

These symptoms just aren’t normal, I shouldn’t go from hating the smell of bacon at 4 pm to eating two slices of pepperoni bacon pizza at 1 am (yeah I ate them an hour ago, smell didn’t bug me at all that time). I shouldn’t randomly get nauseous or get indigestion every single day, but they both happen every day. My head also is funny sometimes, it feels heavy and a little light headed. That’s not every day, it’s happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks though, including right now. I just get waves of feeling crappy every single day. I wanna feel healthy.

Shae when I was pregnant first time I got symptoms way before they showed up on a test. My boobs swelled day after O! But I didn’t get a positive until 17dpo. I’m not saying that you are pregnant, I just mean that not having a strong positive does not mean you are not pregnant.

I’m hoping you get what you want sweetheart, the chances of you being pregnant are really slim though because of the iud xx

Thanks Kitty, don’t worry, you’re not upsetting me by anything you’re saying. I’d rather get honest evaluation and personal anecdotes than false reassurance. I worry about ectopic pregnancy because there’s an increased chance of it with the IUD. And of course my friend got pregnant on the IUD.

I might try with the expired tests in the am (which might be pm cuz I’ll likely sleep in quite late) and see if I get something less ambiguous aka darker. I don’t want to waste the digi and the new frers come in Tuesday.

Any update shae?

Pl that is annoying, figured you'd here him yell in excitement from the bathroom. What did he do after you confirmed?

Well I'M excited! We get to be true bump buddies this time!

Hubby likes Myles!!! Unbelievable, we rarely agree on names! We even have a back up boy's name -- Ryder.

Y'all don't even know how strange that is. It usually takes us weeks or months AFTER we found out sex to agree on a boy's name, and hubs still isn't in love with the name "Levin" (but loves his nickname, Levy). Which means, since we've found a name so early, it'll probably be a girl :haha:

Oooh i love Ryder thats awesome!! Hope your back didnt keep u up most of night Gigs..

Shae was the Frer an early result on or just the rapid result? Wondering about test sensitivity, how senditive was that cheapie strip even though exp?! You should def see a Dr & they’ll run a few tests to rule out pg & check u over hun

I always found with SO when were ttc Riley & Nuala he actrd shocked when i told him even though he knew we were trying Lol men!

Ooh Bdb has her gender scan this morning eeeeee!!! Eagerly awaiting an update!

Gigs will u be getting one or waiting til 20wks or staying team yellow?

Gigs I hope your back is feeling better today. I like th name Myles! Glad hubby likes it too. I'm kinda hoping team pink for you but happy either way for you :)

Pacific sorry for hubs lack luster response. So you need a ticker now :)

Shae wow I don't think I could handle that much control from my parents at your age. I would lst them know out of courtesy but never ask their permission. I wouldn't survive, waaaay to independent. One night at work I decided i was going to drive to W after work to surprise my bro on his 21st birthday. I was 18 and mom wasn't happy but didn't stop me. This was a 800 mile trip alone, but I'm a stubborn, independent woman.

Oh and you got a your sh!t together much better than most people your age.

Hope you get some answers soon. This late if hpts are faint, it's not generally a good sign. I know it's weird but when I first got diagnosed with Vit D deficiency in 2015 I was having pregnancy symptoms: nausea, poor appetite, fatigue. It was bad so I wet to dr because my tests/hpts were negative. I was dissapointed I wasn't pregnant and that's what made DH and I realize we were ready.

CB your SO cracks me up. I think he didn't pay attention to that part of sex ed lol. But I think it also hits them like "whoa this is happening". My DH acted a little shell shocked when I showed him after he said it wasn't very dark.

AFM V woke up super early. Ugh, oh well. She was at least happy this morning.

I felt really down last night thinking negative about my fertility. I know it's stupid as we just begun to start trying officially. Feeling a good deal better. We all have our moments I suppose and it's hard for me to have patience or to "fail". V was well wirth the wait so I'll try to keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->