General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

CONGRATULATIONS, PL!! :cloud9: I'm so happy for you.

Shae- I have a dear friend who took two expired tests and both came up positive, but she was not pregnant after all. I don't want you psyching yourself up over this. :hugs: Either way, I hope you get the result you want the most.

Dobs- How is A doing this morning?

Gig- I like Myles! It's an adorable name.

AFM- I only slept 6 hours all night and kept dreaming of my gender scan. All my dreams said :blue: T-minus 2.5 hours to go! Fingers crossed that Baby cooperates and we do not have to reschedule.

Can i just say how disheartening it is to have all of DH's family express their "hopes" and "desires" and "prayers" that my baby is a girl? :(

It saddens me because now I feel like this baby will be "just another boy" and not as wanted.

Don't get me wrong- I get that a girl would be so exciting for them because his family has not had a girl in over two decades. But still. It's one thing to wish for it silently, but please stop telling the woman that you are 'hoping it's a girl' or 'praying it's a girl' because I guarantee you she's going to feel disheartened.

Oh bd I’m so sorry, I’m angry for you! That’s never okay to hear, I had a similar thing about a boy from my family, and I was angry because I actually would have preferred a girl but was being made to feel like I was wrong for wanting that! None of my family were excited when I told them it was a girl, and even hubby’s family seemed sad! I was the only one who got what I wished for and it tainted the whole pregnancy, they are still going on about it now! Literally trying to teach Evie the word brother for her first word and I’m over here hoping for another girl when we get round to it!

You do you honey and try not to pay attention ❤️ :hugs:

And good luck on your gender scan! If you get a potty shot can we try to guess before you announce (if that’s okay)

Thanks for that, Kitty! And yes, I'll definitely post a potty shot first and let you all guess :)

I fully acknowledge that I cannot grasp genuine gender disappointment because I have both genders. DH's mom had three boys. DH has his son and his older brother has one son. I'm fully expecting this one to be a boy, but his brother and his wife are expecting as well and they are thinking it's a girl. I hope it is for their sake, because I know how much they are longing for a daughter.. but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried that my baby will be constantly looked over for the "wished for" little girl in the family. :(

My cousin ended up having the longed for boy 3 months after eves was born, he’s so spoilt! But I don’t know how it would be if we lived close by so maybe it’s not just because he’s the boy in the sea of girls (there are 5 girls and only 1 boy, eves was the 5th girl!)

I’m sure no matter what you have they will be greatly loved ❤️

Bd that's so awful they are doing that i would totally be telling them to stop it and how they were effecting me. I'm lucky as my mum just so want a grandchildren she will be happy no matter what and I think now my twin is married my dad is gearing up to be a grandad but his partner is wonderful and she would totally help spread the joy with my dad no matter what. Think my dad would like a grandson as he ended up with me and my twin sister which he loves but I think secretly he would have loved to have had a son so he could have taught him about moter bikes and everything. He still had us involved which drives my other half mad as I always remind him to give bikers space and be careful when passing them lol.

Hugs I feel you everyone wanted a boy and were not shy about telling me. Ex even said if I had a girl he would leave me. And being the people pleaser I am I started convincing myself I wanted a boy not girl. Had a lot of anxiety about letting people down. Posted about it in the gender forum. But then I had a boy so if all worked out lol

Idk who asked but it was an early result, not rapid.

Currently testing with an expired cheapie with fmu lol but so far it’s looking negative. Only been like 2 minutes though. But I really don’t think I’m pregnant.

Flueks Vitamin D could have something to do with it, I’m almost never outside these days, I get very little sunlight.

I’m sorry to all those whose families expressed disappointment or extreme preference over the gender of their baby :(

Well I don't have to tell you all that basically everyone is rooting for me to have a girl this time :haha: YA DAMN HYPOCRITES! :rofl: nah seriously I don't care. But I do feel like I'm the only one in team blue this go 'round! Especially now that we have a name!

Honestly I wasn't too fussed about finding out the gender and my scans and all that until now. Seriously, the name is so important and now that we have one I'm dying to know if baby will be Myles or Ember!

Cb we will definitely be finding out, not sure if we'll do a gender reveal party or now we're discussing a private ultrasound and inviting closer family & friends and finding out that way. But I like the idea of a party...

If I can get insurance to approve labs for the harmony blood test we'll do that and find out early, otherwise we'll maybe do a gender scan as early as we can!

Update: fmu was negative. Didn’t take pics cuz there was nothing worth seeing.

I’m always a little disappointed to get a bfn, but when I thought I got a positive I was shaking so bad and just super freaked out, so I’m relieved right now, especially cuz timing wise this would’ve been pretty terrible.

Now I’ve got a frer pack coming and I don’t need it lol, at least we all know I’ll probably end up using it in like 2 months cuz I’m the worst lol

Lol! Hey we've all been there and tested when it was extremely unlikely (if not impossible). Better safe than sorry. I'd still bring your symptoms up with the dr though. Maybe it's a deficiency as already suggested or it may be your hormones changing since your IUD is at the end of its lifespan.

Im glad you got the result you wanted Shae, when the time comes to ttc I bet you’ll be one of those women who only need to be looked at to get pg lol :) I can imagine its a huge relief for you as you have iud fitted still

Love the name Ember aswell Gigs, Myles is my younger cousins name & i know no one else with it so thats pretty cool, his name is spelt Miles though :) Harmony tests are bloomin expensive but worth it.

Ah Bdb thats awful, whichever the gender, people just adore babies & they’ll love him/her, if it is a Boy you should both say you were both hoping for another Boy so tough lol! Cant wait to see a piccy & guess before u reveal hehee enjoy the scan eeep!

I keep getting sooooo tempted to look at my Harmony results with babies Sex on it but then tell myself no i must wait ha ha! I have 7 wks to wait until 20wk scan!

Omg Dobby i cant believe your ex said he would leave you if A was a Girl, a-hole!

Ah Flueks dont feel bad hun, you conceived V ok, it took us 6/7 months/cycles to fet Riley, hugs

:coffee: just waiting for scan pics, tra la la...

Afm i think nausea is kicking in...at least I feel pretty crappy today and my appetite is dwindling. I also feel ill after whatever I consume.

But mostly i'm down about the hair loss. It's noticeably thinner...when I pull it back into a pony tail I can really tell :(

Seripusly no updates???!!!

Talked to ob office. Good news is they moved my appointment up a day! Bad news is there's nothing to be done about my hair issue.

Also just discovered lev cut tooth 10 and is possibly working on 11.

I’ll let you all do some guessing first. :)

A nub shot with the white arrow pointing it out.

8FD978D5-00B2-4BA5-AC68-263D67391F6B.jpg

And the potty shot.

F3B1108F-098E-45D2-BCFC-7BD157915C14.jpg

Ooh from the nub if it was earlier I would say girl but I’m not sure when it goes away so I’m unsure! I can’t see much from the potty...

Changing my mind, it’s sticking up so boy?

Oh I'm sorry if my comment was in poor tastes about hoping gigs has a girl. I have no nieces so I was excited to have the first girl. My parents and DHs mom V was their first granchild. So either way. I'm sure everyone will root for a boy, and I would like a boy. If it's a girl I'll love her all the same. Have to get preggo first.

Shae hey we all have yo POAS sometimes even if it's pretty much impossible to be pregnant. Been there, done that.

Yes, I'm an indoorsy person. I like reading books, playing video games, and watching movies or shows. So that must be a big part of my problems. I did walk 3 miles around lunch time Saturday and Sunday to get some sunshine.

CB thank you, I'm thinking it won't take as long this time but I'm really impatient. I always went after what I wanted and succeeded. I was accepted right away into nursing school that most people had a 2 to 3 year wait because of my grades, etc. It's a hard concept for me to do things "right" and fail. I also have to be in control of things. Ttc does not mix with my personality :rofl:

Gigs sorry about the hair loss. That really stinks. Oh I like Ember as well. My real name is Amber though so I couldn't use it. Well I could but I don't like how close our names would be. DH is pretty set on Madison for a girl. I like it a lot too, but have to figure out the middle name. We have plenty of time.

Wow, lev has really cut teeth. V is working on her 5th and 6th.

Bdb Congrats!! I thought it might have been a boy but I'm awful at reading ultrasound photos. I stink at nub theory too.

All babies have nubs up until 18 weeks according to my tech. He’s been doing this for 20 years :)

It’s a girl.

I’m in disbelief. He talked me through everything and I know this is a girl, but my intuition still says otherwise. Lol

ETA- I’m not disappointed. I’m just thrown for a loop because my intuitions have always been spot on for my babies.

Ahh so I started off right then doubted myself :rofl: congratulations on your daughter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->