General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I had more frer then I thought so once again my resistance broke down haaha. I swear I see a line, but I’m sure its just wishfull thinking. Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday

Attachments

• 14937DE5-8C07-4DE6-8E63-0D190E41FA67.jpg
    14937DE5-8C07-4DE6-8E63-0D190E41FA67.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 35
There is definitely a line but idk if I see color so not sure if i’m seeing inden
Flyers fxed
Cb nice car!
Gigs sorry about the food sitch hugs

Something is catching my eye but might be the dreaded frer indent :( does it have color to it?

Afm i am reeeaaalllyyybstruggling with exhaustion today! Soooo tired omg.

Fluek did you test again? Are you officially in the tww?

Dobs how is A? How are you enjoying summer vacay so far?

He’s cranky lol but adorbs just beating myself up about the eating, walking, and talking or lack thereof. No real vacations because we have so many court dates I never know what visitation is like or if he’ll bother. I offered Father’s Day but he didn’t even bother to decline so my whole family went on vacation and we could have gone too instead A had no men around on Father’s Day. Depressing as f**k I cried for like three days about it

This is my last week of daycare so i’m thinking half days so I can do some stuff or just relax or catch a movie

Awww Dobs I'm so sorry ex is such a sack. But the more he fcks up the worse he looks so...silver lining.
I know it's impossible to compare kiddos but don't fret! He's good if he's making sounds. I was reading up on it myself because I've been worrying too heh, but what i've read is to bring it up with the pediatrician if they haven't said their first word by 15 months. He has plenty of time! And walking also has a huge range. Especially if he's getring around crawling or rolling pretty well, he may put off walking. He's still young though. Also, speaking from personal experience and talking to other moms, firstborn sons seem to be slower on developmental milestones in general. But they all even out eventually...

CB :rofl:

Nyx I see it! FX it's just early squinter bfp. Cannot wait for your next test :)

Gigs I plan to test around 4 p.m.ish with opk. I'm thinking I'll O today but could be wrong. So tomorrow will most likely be 1dpo.

Sorry for exhaustion. I really dread that as it's not so easy to just let things go when taking care of a child.

Dobby brb

Dobby I'm sorry you are giving yourself a hard time. They develop on their own time line and I know it's hard not to compare but try not to. He's most likely got some milestones around the corner.

Also, I think you should do half days. Take time for you. A mani-pedi or movie sounds fun to me.

That is awful about A and his "dad" on Father's Day. It'll be more evidence against him though in court. Sorry trting to find a silver lining :hugs:

AFM positive opk again. So I'm thinking O today. I'm having O pains on both sides though. DH and I plan to BD tonight. I bet he hopes I get a temp spike so we have a night of rest tomorrow :rofl:

Hugs I know. Just the not eating sucks because in two months it’s back to daycare and they have made it clear he is expected to eat the toddler food and they will not keep doing purees. I know a lot can change in 2 months but uhcticyo

It’s hard because my mom is back now so she wants to see him and it’s so much energy to drive there from her house and staying home sucks because it’s easier here

Yeah court things will get sorted by the school year I hope

Loving your bd timing so fxed

Dobs, sorry about As dad... Screw him!

Oh man, I am 6 weeks along and exhaustion is kicking my butt, food aversion, etc... Not fun. Hubby on the other hand is really stepping up, taking L so I can rest. Love me my man!
In other news, requisition for bloodwork is done (go any day now), ultrasound is booked as well as first midwife appointment! I feel like I have accomplished a lot today. Lol

Dobby I started giving V tiny bites of food we are eating. I still give her pureeds...... that's a convienence thing and i wabt her to have a bit more teeth. She can chew pretty well though. Good luck :)

Seriously, if your mom is out for summer break too then I don't see why she can't stop at your place.

Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with my timing too. Now just to get temp rise tomorrow hopefully.

Pacific glad DH is really stepping up. When is your ultrasound?

She would but I like being here. Cleaner. I don’t have to clean. The dogs get to play outside. A has more space to move around. And my stepdad usually takes him for a jog and I catch a nap then.

But daycare is prepaid and I know I should take advantage of it/get my money’s worth

Pl yay! That’s great. And excited to head how the blood work comes back and your u/s

Fluek i’m Glad to hear you still offer purees. I feel better knowing i’m Not the only one doing it.

Yeah the restraining order is so nice but it’s not permanent yet but once we have that hearing if I am granted the ro it is a huge win for A’s safety

Dobby whoops I misunderstand. Well I say if she and step dad doesn't mind I'd stay with her some over the summer. This week, just enjoy sone you time. You certainly deserve it :)

Glad I could make you feel better about pureeds.

Oooo yeah they don’t i’ve Been here a week Haha I just feel bad because she has four bedrooms and my older brother came home for the summer (he usually doesn’t but he has to study for his board exam) so when A and I sleepover it means one of the twins sleeps on the floor on an inflatable mattress in his twins’ room :(. Which he likes but it’s not comfy

But the nice thing is traffic is reverse so driving him to daycare in the morning is easy enough

Ah sorry to all the tired and nauseous preggers out there. It’ll pass before you know it and second tri will bring all that (supposed) renewed energy.

PL can’t believe how strong you are not wanting to find out sex! I’d especially want to know if I had a hunch. A friend of mine was SO shocked to get the complete opposite of what she felt it would be, but I guess the shock is kind of neat too. My bff who’s preg decided not to find out and I’m so annoyed haha. I’m trying to subtly change her mind by showing her all the baby clothes I’d pass into her, because obv she won’t take the super girly ones unless she knows.

Speaking of gender/sex (ha), yes KitKat, people think Tilly is a boy a LOT. Even when she’s draped in pink. It’s just annoying because you’d think a sweater with giant pink hearts would sway them even just slightly to girl, not the other way. Baffling.

Nyx - can’t wait to see more tests!

Gigs while I’m here I was gonna say I saw your pic on IG the other day of the grass growing through some leaves and was AMAZED.

Dobs is definitely take advantage of the daycare. And re: walking, talking and eating, so many babies I know have not walked by 12 months (Tilly walked consistently at 13), and the talking thing I believe is totes normal. I was worried too but paed was fine with like mama and dada by a year. She’s recently started saying a tonne of words too. As for food, ahhh food issues are always concerning but definitely also common from what I hear. Some kids are just difficult eaters and as parents we worry, but they all generally grow up fine. I’m sure you’ve said something about BLW in the past? Can’t remember. Anyway hugs, you’re such a hero I swear.

Oh tantrums. My goodness. Tilly tantrums if I do anything in the kitchen, so I bought her a learning tower so now she just splashes around the sink and soaks everything instead. She’s also started throwing a tantrum when I try to put her back in the stroller after being out somwhere. She arches her back and cries and screeeeams and will not let up. I legit carried her all the way home (3km) in my arms last week. Was not happy. Any tips?

Jez, on the tantrum front: L looses his ahit sometimes because daddy left for work or simpler reasons such as " no you can't watch the turtle, it's dinner time" or when he wants to drink water from our glass instead of his cup. The worst ones are the ones where he wants to get picked up but he also doesn't want to get picked up. Generally I don't let him win, sometimes I do have to give him a few minutes of quiet time in his crib for my sanity and his. When I do get him even if he's still crying, he is consoled the moment I get him. My life won't be controlled by a toddler.;)

Flueky, ultrasound is July 6, followed by mw appointment on the 10th.

Dobs: don't stress about the milestones. They hit them when they are ready. I recently saw a baby having a wobbly walk at 14 months, his mom said he'd only just started! As for words: while you think he's not speaking much now, one day he'll blurt half a dozen words out. Seriously!
My kid... I thought he didn't know many words until I realized that he is picking up two languages, understands both but he will insist on using whichever word is easier to say for any given thing. He'll say "toe" 19 times and please me with "teh"(the actual word is zeh) once. But a lot of his words have only recently become very clear and is all of a sudden picking up one word after another.
Biting our behinds too, he recently heard "sh!t" and has happily turned it into "It" when it pleases him. Dh was in the ferry lineup and some teens where talking smack not far. When they reached 30 seconds of swearing and L kept saying "it ... It" dh gave them a talking about young impressionable children around! Hahaha

Sorry about the ramble...

Jez I'm in the "I'm the parent and in control camp". Well most of the time. I think giving in promotes bad behaviours and makes it harder for them in life to deal with unfavorable circumstances. I try to tell her why I'm not allowing her to do something and let her cry. I do stay with her and try to hold her to help her calm down.

Oh my temp went up ever so slightly, no fertile mucus, and I had o pains last night around 8 I believe. So I'm calling it 1dpo today. BD the past 4 days so no matter what we get an A for effort :rofl: I'm going to believe I'm PUPO. I'll probably test next Friday or Saturday :)

possibly something here. First blue dye that’s shown anything out of the three i used, but still blue dye.

Attachments

• C456230B-7205-4CB3-A7D4-E98311587C3A.jpg
    C456230B-7205-4CB3-A7D4-E98311587C3A.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member