General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Jez I know I know! 3 years of school left!

Dobs sorry I worded that poorly. I know Batman/Justice League/Superman etc are DC haha. I meant like I’ve never seen the movies and stuff cuz I grew up with DC, but I get some of the references because internet.

Flueks thanks <3 and you&#8217;re right about Jez possible TTCing at the same time as me with her age gap preference haha, it could happen

Dobby thank you.

I'd say your symptoms have a lot to do with stress. As for no period, I believe high stress levels can cause this as well. Something about high levels of cortisol interfering with our hormones. Still worth metioning to your gyn I think.

Jez thanks. I thought you had it as well. When I googled it acted like yelliw was bad, but I have no signs or symptoms of infection.

Shae does college start back next month? What classes are you taking?

Shae- those 3 years will go by so fast! It's a lot like pregnancy, it feels like a long time while it's happening but then all of a sudden you're delivery, or walking the stage. Haha
How come you switch to the pill? I know you said but it was before I came back.

Flu- had that with the boys too. It was gross and annoying and always freaked me out.

Dobs- I agree it's probably stress. So I guess enjoy it while it lasts? Lol

Flueks ivs had lotsa clear, yellow & white yuk CM i get it weekly, i gave to wear a panty liner as it ruins my undies lol! All normal though ;)

Aww poor Ducky... hope it all turns out ok in the end :(

Shae your next 3yrs will zoom by! Sorry your pms is giving u grief hun :hugs:

Rileys had a lovely day, we went to the park & him & Nuala played on bug slides, he had some lovely gifts & i made him Banana cake & decorated it, quite pleased with it really haha!

Pic of the cake & Riley blowing out his candles <3

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1038009&stc=1&d=1531172403

Attachments

• C2173EEF-8F92-4468-9BD2-AFE09FE4760B.jpg
    C2173EEF-8F92-4468-9BD2-AFE09FE4760B.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10
Riley mid-candle blowing hehe

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1038013&stc=1&d=1531172563

Attachments

• D3B96B46-B0BB-48D6-AB2B-0133847FF0DA.jpg
    D3B96B46-B0BB-48D6-AB2B-0133847FF0DA.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 9
Flueks my college starts September 4th. I always find it interesting how different parts of the country start at different times of year. In the South, the term generally starts early August and ends in May. Up North, at least where I&#8217;m from, we start either last week of August or first week of September, and finish mid-June.

Anyway, I&#8217;m taking medical microbiology, nursing 101, and a &#8220;service learning&#8221; class (it&#8217;s a school requirement, we have to rack up community service hours). It&#8217;ll be 13 credits.

Green ah the pill. So, I get periods on the Mirena, which most people don&#8217;t, but I do. They&#8217;re sometimes regular, and sometimes totally all over the place. I really want the stability of regular cycles. I also want it so if I accidentally get pregnant, the birth control won&#8217;t pose a risk to the baby. The Mirena/IUD in general can cause miscarriages. I have a friend who had a miscarriage with an IUD, she hadn&#8217;t taken it out, and a friend who took hers out due to the pregnancy and the baby didn&#8217;t miscarry and was just fine. But of course taking it out risks miscarriage. And if you take it out then miscarry, do you put a new one in or switch methods, or what? With the pill, I just stop taking it if I accidentally get pregnant.

CB the cake looks lovely!

Awww Riley is so cute! And I notice the lack of shirt lol -- still hot in the house? Are you getting the a/c fixed?

Riley is adorable! I can't wait until the boys can blow our candles, but also I never want them to grow up haha
Happy Birhday Riley!

Shae- ahhh makes sense. Very very similar reason to why I got mine removed pre-kids. The only thing that caused my way of thinking was mine moved a little. But I thought the same way about babies/ miscarriages and even if cauging infertility if I got pregnant.

Soooo a couple things.
1. I feel like a horrible mother. I never made my kids 18 month appointments. I just completely forgot about it and when I remembered I wasn't sure if they were supposed to go in. I had to call and ask. Luckily they're only a little over 18 months haha

2. As said previously, I'm in a huge no sugar/ read the ingredients list in food. So today I finally got around to making my own mayo and ranch and OMG they're amazing!!!

Gigs, fx ducky can make a full recovery!

Can't remember what else, I am mad at dh. We've know for months that he has a work function, family friendly, at the end of this week. At a fancy location too. All along he was supposed to call and make sure we get a pet friendly room. Well today he finally calls (3 days before we go) and of course all the pet friendly rooms are taken. Our dog is not a candidate to stay with anyone else. So, now, L and I get to stay at home or at least drive back and forward twice a day. I was really looking forward to this fancy all expenses paid for get away.....

Lol Shae nw I was just laughing because the other week I said something about wonderwoman in the context of marvel and my mom was like EVEN I KNOW SHE IS DC :rofl: I hope the pill works out for you. Who knows, I may be ttc in three years if I move out of the bay jk can&#8217;t Afford daycare so more like 5 and I have to move and much to my parents dismay i&#8217;d Likely get a donor and do sex selection for a girl

Fluek I was dischargy.

It probably is just stressed. Just google freaked me out with it&#8217;s hmmm must be pregnancy or diabetes r_r but I do enjoy not having periods just hoping maybe I shed some lbs or bloat when she comes back. Wishful thinking lol

Cb killer cake! Love it!

Greenie you are not horrible! I&#8217;d never remember except the nurses always come in and schedule it before we leave. And i&#8217;d Never remember to go without the app/reminders lol. Kudos! I was hell bent on no sugar except at birthdays but then I went to sprinkles and since I got myself cupcakes and the dogs cupcakes and they had vegan cupcakes (and sugar free and gluten free cuz Palo Alto lol) I got A a vegan one. But I didn&#8217;t want to be that person who was like do you have a sugar free vegan cupcake haha

PL no! Can you maybe look into boarding your dog? We took all sorts of dogs at the petshotel. Even had noise reduced suites with cots and tv lol. We only turned away dogs that bit and made contact during check in. Some regulars we took even if they hit us! Only seniors were allowed to walk them and feed them though lol

Greenie you are not a horrible mother. I'm surprised the dr office didn't call to schedule it in the first place.

Yay for homemade ranch and mayo :) pretty

CB it sounds like you guys had a great day. Your cake looks fantastic! Riley is looking so grown up from when I first saw him. Hard to

Shae it is isn't it. K to 12 here starts the first full week of August. College starts late August.

Micro lab was one of my favs. Loved watching those petri dishes grow bacteria colonies. The lecture wasn't as interesting but I also crammed both in a 3.5 week summer course. It'll be nice to dig into some of the actual nursing curriculum.

Pacific that would piss me off too. Could you take dog to vet to board while you are away??

Dobby, could you take A for walks in his stroller and get some exercise and maybe relieve some stress? You may already be doing this but just a thought.

Thanks everyone for discharge comments! That sounds so weird :haha: I had some more but it was clearish. So i guess it's just one of my symptoms this time. Granny panny time:rofl:

I almost caved and told my dad on the phone today. I think I'll email him after my appt with ultrasound and onesie photo. That way he can read it at work Friday. He doesn't have internet as he only had option of dial up.....yuck. He may have more options now, but I'm not sure. I just feel since he can't be here for announcement that weekend he can know a tad bit earlier.

Dobs, he's not a candidate for doggy care. If so only trust my dog trainer with him to know how to handle him. He's a difficult dog to say the least. He's also intact, so that already is a strike against him for most facilities around here. They all pride themselves in "kennel free boarding, positive only, in home" which is the exact opposite of what mine needs.

Oh bummer. Yeah we didn&#8217;t allow intact dogs in the play groups so they only got their two walks a day unless the owners paid for more individual times. I&#8217;ve definitely had to pull intact dogs off my leg. Really made us work for our $10/hr :rofl: sorry to hear that :(. Make hubs do the drive buaha he should have called sooner ;). Hopefully you figure out something feasible so you can have some fun too

Fluek awww bummer he can&#8217;t make it. I want to see the pic you send him if you don&#8217;t mind I love pregnancy announcements

hold the phone

Dobs are you getting some side jiggy you haven't told us about?!

Dobby, I mean I didn't ask him, but since he lives 800 miles away. He had planned to be here when we announces Vs pregnancy. He'd made that plan 9 months prior. It was perfect timing :)

I really hope he moves here after he retires but his gf complicates things. He'll have to decide grandkids vs gf. He's very happy with her, but I'm selfish and want him to be a part of his grandkids life's. I'd never put it that way to him, but he knows that's how it is.

Gigs I believe she said she hasn't had sex in 8 months.

Lol gigs no. I looked into online dating two months ago but was not impressed by the stock of men willing to date a single mom at 28. So legit hav not had sex in 8 months lol and I can&#8217;t have been roofied because I don&#8217;t go out just work and home. I know tgat&#8217;s Dark but i&#8217;m Dark lol

Fluek that is so noble of you not to ask but I get it. I want to move somewhere I could buy a proper house for A, bit giving up access to my mom and family keeps me here. Like I seriously spend half the week living here

Seriously look 20w pregnant though

Attachments

• DEEE917A-5291-449F-850F-F8464D22362C.jpg
    DEEE917A-5291-449F-850F-F8464D22362C.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 28
Dobs, totally get it about not wanting to move. How far away would you have to move to make life more affordable?
As for dog: he got to keep his balls because he is respectful with them. No humping, no marking, he doesn't initiate fights. A few years ago mom dropped her female off and said to me "she's in heat, but I think the good days are over". Bless her, she didn't know the signs. A week in, she was in standing heat. We kept the dogs apart the whole time, but mine never had a care until the standing days. And even then, he still ate, never whined but showed interest when in the same room or out together on leashes. He was respectful. After 3 days, he went back to not caring at all. So I opted against the neuter, the surgery risk wasn't outweighing any benefits. He'll be 10 this fall.

Oh and I love your idea about DH driving. Haha, honestly he hasn't even apologized for his error in judgement. We haven't talked much.

Dobby I do hope you will find a great guy for you and A.

I know he's already going to have to consider it so I figure he doesn't need me adding to it. He knows I would love for him to move here so I will just have to wait and see. I did ask him while ttc #1 if he still planned to move here after retirement and he was unsure.

I'm sure it would be tough to move away from your support network. Any other family in other places that could assist if you moved?

Oh and it looks like a baby bump. It doesn't really look like fat or bloat. It's very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->