General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Shae, I've always told hubs and my brother "men want to have kids; women need to have kids". I can relate to that feeling of need for a baby. I was 20 and dating this crazy ass chick but my desire for a kid hit me soooo hard. I had kind of daydreams where i'd have a one night stand with any pick of yummy college boys (i lived in radford at the time) and get knocked up. That would basically be a worse case scenario for everyone! Me, the baby, my gf, family, the poor college kid (i say kid only because now you youngins are 11 years younger than me)...but yeah it didn't stop me from thinking about it. Thank god i have better sense and impulse control.

Green aorry about the sleepiness! It's rough with kids. My headache hot so bad i caved and took tylenol, then called hubby in (he was outside) to take over kid duty. There also may have been some ugly crying.

I thought aboutge "fire" voice being in my dream but i'm fairly certain it wasn't. And hubs didn't even realize we heard the smoke alarm (he was looking for what could have made that sound in the kitchen cabinets) so i am discounting his opinion :rofl: again, 4am, we were both derpy brained so who even knows.

lol I can totally imagine my DH looking in the cabinets too. That makes me LOL, really out loud haha

It's sooooooo hot. Why do I live in the valley in California?! And why don't we have central A/C? I don't even know anyone else who doesn't have it. We're the only stupid ones.

Shae- I'm sorry you're wanting kids so bad. I wish I had advice but I wasn't even sure I'd want to be a mom when I was in college so I'm no help.

Gigs, I believe universities across Canada were receiving Amazon boxes a while ago. I don't remember what came out of it...?
DH recently had a fraudulent charge on his credit card which he immediately reported. Then a week later we got a package from China cheap looking knock off sunglasses! We took that to the local RCMP (police) and reported it. They didn't know what to make off it but saw it as a scan, told us to destroy the glasses.... And that was all

Now look who's rambling.

Shae: tough situation to be in, I'd suggest to look at the from the reasonable side ;) your time will come.

Green, anaemic! How long has this been going on do you suspect? Can you check your bloodwork online when it's done? Hopefully they aren't relying on that.....

Tex: not that I know much about the training of an autism service dog, but I wonder if the dog might be viewed different by the child because it is THEIR puppy? If you feel like it look up ry-con service dogs. The owners child has autism too, so I imagine he isn't doing this blindly ;)

Gigs that IS so freaky! And my mum also said to me she had no idea she had an alarm like that!!! Maybe... aliens?

Green I had no idea you’re a “valley girl”!!

Green yeah wait what how did they not know/not tell you?! Grrr yeah it’s hot. Do you do fans or like a portable cooling unit? My friend got one mad cheap from somewhere and loves it lol.

Shae hugs. I remember being there. All I can say is having been pregnant at 20 versus 28, I have so much more to offer and I am glad I am stable for A. I was just telling my mom about how I am prepping for his cake smash, and she made a crack about millennials and needing pictures for social media. I told her I don’t take these pictures or do all these things with A for FB. It’s about the fact that I have nothing from my childhood. My brothers have stacks and stacks of photos and videos. I had one measles album and only three pictures with my dad. It’s because my parents got married young and had kids young and just did not have the resources. And don’t get me wrong I LOVED my childhood, but i wish I had pictures. I also hated that my clothes and toys came from thrift stores. It grossed me out at the idea of having someone else’s things/ imprint on me/in my house. Long rant being it totally sucks now but it will so be worth the wait. And know if you change your mind, that’s ok too. Lots of moms out there are trucking and making it work in school. You find a way to make it happen.

Also my brother and I are supposedly both I missed one pill by hours babies but she might not have been on the combo pill. I feel like I read somewhere the combo pill is less risky if you miss one but the mini pill has to be exact

Tex hugs I hear you. I’ve seen an amazing Sheltie service dog for a child and it’s insane how this do responds to her child. She anticipates her needs. It was such a beautiful thing to watch BUT dogs are not everyone’s best friend. Therapy dogs are a different aura than your run of the mill dog, so she might take. Idk if there are trials or ways to introduce them but I wouldn’t blame you for not wanting to risk stressing T out. You know her best. I think there are other options for therapy pets these days too. In any case, I appreciated you sharing your experience.

Re fire idek lol that’s crazy

Afm no af and the cramps went away so meh. Busy day tomorrow: mommy and me, dentist for A!!!, and then his final helmet appointment. He has refused to wear it this week so really just about closing his case and getting final measurements

PL the sunglasses sound proper dodge. Makes me wonder how much credit card fraud has happened to me, since adult-of-the-year over here doesn’t even check her statements.

Shae I had a phase of that too when a bit younger than you. All I can say is that that 15 years went by pretty fast, so I’m sure the next 3-4 or whatever you will be waiting will too. Also, there are sooooo many things I’d never, ever have been able to do and experience in my life with a child. But then everyone is different and I never truly planned or wanted to have kids before 30 anyway so that’s just me.

Thanks for the love and advice ladies! Don’t worry, if I get pregnant earlier than planned it will be all due to dumb luck. With most things I have poor impulse control, but this is something I have good impulse control for. ...But I did just get a 25 pack of IC’s just in case :blush: but my old IC’s were expired and I like to have them available.

Dobs she may very well have been on the mini pill. That one needs to be exact, the combo pill has more leeway, you’re correct. And you’re right about financial resources. I know logically that I have zero money so having a baby would be a horrible idea. Our families could figure out a way to manage it if absolutely necessary, but my parents would almost certainly be paying for us. Nursing school plus working part time plus a baby? I would die. My parents would have to pay for an apartment and childcare, and that is not fair to them at all. And SO is transferring to a college closer to home and further from my college, so he would be 1.5 hours away from me and the baby. He couldn’t do that, he would want to provide and be a father. I couldn’t leave my baby at home with my family and SO’s family, because although his mother would love watching a baby, I couldn’t be away from my kid for 5 days out of the week. I wouldn’t even be raising my own child at that point. That’s why I would never try to get pregnant at this age, no matter how badly I find myself wishing I could. If it happens, we’ll survive. But it’s not a life I’d choose.

As the resident young mum I can tell you that even with all the resources and means to raise a baby, it’s hard still, like we’re not struggling for money or anything, but psychologically it’s hard, we get judged for being young and sometimes more so if we tell them we did it on purpose! If I were to go through it again (If I had no fertility issues) I wouldn’t have started trying so young! When we actually conceived eves we were ready financially AND mentally. And even though we were ready financially when we started trying and both wanted a baby I don’t think in reality we were mentally strong enough to take that leap.

And to be honest I’m terrified about possibly being outnumbered at 23! :rofl:

OMG sooo im at work today... so i just typed up this big reply post & then posted (wish id of copied it as Gigs once said) the page said BnB page not found/working ARGHHHHHH!

annoying! i did reply to pretty much everyone aswell pfft!

5 wks Kit eeep!!! or maybe further wks along... isn't your private scan this wknd??

ha ha ahh bless you :hugs: I was reeeally nervous with my 12wks scan this time, i had the trots LOL! Your scan will be fine hun :)

"And even though we were ready financially when we started trying and both wanted a baby I don’t think in reality we were mentally strong enough to take that leap." omg this hit so close to home! I feel exactly the same here, except i was 24 when I conceived Des. We got a lot of judgement because it was quite soon after we got married. Like we gor married may and conceived either end of June or early July.

Kit honestly the first kid is such a huge game changer. They alter your lifestyle completely. I really feel like the second was a breeze in comparison because it doesn't come with all the life asjustments, ya know? Obviously every new baby is rough mainly because sleep deprivation but once everyone adjusta it's easier. I know you are going to have your own set of challeneges with two close in age but it will be good. i made a thread asking about it before we ttc so soon after ds2 and EVERYONE basitsaid the first months are tough (but babies always are) and the relationship their kiddos have is amazing.

I am super excited for your scan!

Cb, i ALWAYS get the shits when nervous! Little known fact, when I realized hubs was about to propose I had to make a bathroom detour! It's so annoying!

baby no2 was definately more easier to adjust to & i was more relaxed with her as you've 'been there before' type thing! But there was a larger age gap, they'll be best of friends :)

OMG i ALWAYS get the trotts when im nervous or highly excited nervous about things lol! When i had my first date with Adam i think i pooped 3 times in an hr before he picked me up :rofl: & whenever i would have a new Boyf back in the day, my tummy would flutter & i would get terrible wind so in turn i would need to keep leaving the room to fart HAHAA!! Non stinkers thank god

Have you & hubs been Married long Gigs? Me & SO have been together 10.5 yrs & engaged for 8.5 of that Lol

Get the trots you are all so much classier. In this family with just say got the s*s or the same in thank :rofl:

Shae totally know exactly what you mean. Hugs

Cb we've been together for almost 12 years, married for a little over 7.

Dobs "same in thank"? You have to correct that as I'm dying to know this alternative slang for diarrhea.

My autocorrect is so ridiculous I don’t even fix it anymore. And the random capitalizing ugh. It said Thai lol we have these gross Thai phrases about pooping explosively Haha

Oh god look at my pregnant ass, we're talking about explosive diarrhea and all i can think is "ooooh man I could go for some thai food" :rofl:

Uugh i feel so aweful again. Sick, headache, and i think I'm developing CTS this pregnancy:( my hands have been really sore in the mornings. Have any of you had it before? I didn't with my other pregnancies but this seems to be the pregnancy of new terrible symptoms so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->