General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Ugh lost my post.

Massive congrats kit! I know it may seem a bit daunting but you got this! It’s 2 for the price of 2! Cause it’s not like it’s the same price for a singleton. Lol

Afm my AF is still MIA. 46 days and counting. So much for my regular cycles. Ugh. If it doesn’t come soon i may need to call my OB and get some provera to get it going again. My eating habits have been kinda crappy lately so maybe that’s why. I have no idea. As the calendar ticks down towards our first day back I’m wishing I didn’t have to work haha. But with Tabs being in school during the day it makes zero sense for me to stay plus we have to have the insurance even though it’s super crappy and super expensive. It’s gonna cost me $375 a month for a $5K deductible and then i pay 20% after that. But i can’t afford the copay plan cause it’s $550 a month- so my plan is to open a health savings account and get an amount direct deposited straight into it. Just wish our state would make us official state employees and give us the same coverage as them. It’s WAY more affordable and the plans are better. But alas we aren’t considered state employees when it comes to insurance but are considered state employees on other things. It’s stupid. Sorry mini rant there haha.

Ugh Tex I hate insurance woes. It’s crazy how it is. Sorry about the long cycle

And kit KIT i’m so jazzed for you! I agree you’ve got this. That’s so crazy but awesome. Twins are great. I am very pro twins because I love my twin brothers.

We’re going to an escape room tonight as an early birthday gift. We went to the beach board walk yesterday. Taking A to the local art and wine festival with my bff before then going to the escape room.

Fluek my mom rarely cooks since she started working. We eat out A LOT which contributed to my sudden weight gain. I am tired so I want to eat all the time and it’s nothing but junk and processed food and there is always cookies or beienues laying around. And I lack impulse control lol

Kit congrats!!!!! Twins are the best! I might be a little biased though... lol my MIL has 3 under 3 and she said it was the best. Her son (my DH) was almost 2 when his twin brothers were born.
Separate sacs are usually fraternal twins. There is a small possibility it's identical if they split and implanted early enough. But it's pretty rare. -this is all per my OB so it's pretty legit info. Lol

Tex sorry about still no period. No idea what's causing it? I doubt it's just from eating a little less healthy.

Shae- love the hair!

Hey ladies hop on and I see kit has not one, but two suprises omg!!! Talk about your plot twist congratulations hun!!!

I’ve been feeling extra crappy the last week that ended in a better safe then sorry trip to the ER. Everything was fine and I got to see that sweet heartbeat. Official scan with be in a week.

Oh yes Shae I like it both ways :)

N sorryabout the Er trip but good to hear everything looked and sounded good!

Kit OMG some sleep "snuggling". Poor DH. Oh I just have to say it. You do remember you said this thread was due for another set of twins:rofl: sorry so much irony that you said it about a month ago.

Tex sorry about this long cycle. Of course when you aren't tracking it goes crazy. I would test weekly in the mean time. Oh and I don't think your brief stint of poor eating caused this.

I was really stressed, like I became depressed and it caused an annovulatory cycle. Provera jump started my "period" and I went back to normal as I got rid of the stressor in my life.

Sorry about yoyr insurance costs. It can be ridiculous what you have to pay for crap insurance. Does your employer contribute to your HSA at least?

Dobby oh DH and I have wanted to do that. Maybe before baby #2 we will go to an escape room. I hope you have fun :)

Ah yes eating out is bad, but I do it too. Actually don't as often since V was born. However, I'm seriously considering dominos right now. I also lack impulse control. If it's there, I'll eat it.

Nyx sorry for the scare but glad all is well.

Greenie nothing wrong with that ;) it makes it all feel more real. Egat kind did you order?

My employer is a school and no they don’t pay anything towards my HSA. In fact the state only requires schools pay $150 towards our insurance but our school pays $325 a month towards our premium so if they didn’t do that my premium would be even higher. It’s just crazy how much i spend on having coverage and it really is awful coverage. If i go up it’s better coverage but i still can’t afford to go to the doctor ether way haha.

Hey ladies! Sorry I’m the worlds worst at keeping up with posting but always following in the shadows lol

Kit- congrats! OMG how exciting, how are u feeling about it all? Echo what fluek said about you getting a 3+ so early raising suspicions!

greeny- haha I’m always a fan of our thread ladies buying tests as long as you remember to post so we can analyse any hint of a line with you!

J- glad to see you poked ur head in!

Nyx- sorry about ER but glad you saw heartbeat congrats! X

Dobs- omg escape room sounds way fun! Wish I could escape my ‘little darlings’ today!

CB- how much longer till pink or blue woman? I’ve placed my bet and need to know! Lol x

Tex sorry to hear of AF being a bitch, i know you’re a real long time TTCer, I hope something lets up for you soon x

Afm ok, so just under 5 weeks to go, had a consultant appt on Friday and they’ve booked me in for induction at 38 weeks! So now only 3 weeks to go! Quite nervous but it sounds awful “I’ll be glad when this is over” I normally do fine being pregnant, but I think the heat, plus 3 kids under 6, and trying to keep on top of the house is leaving me feeling very overwhelmed, I just want to be a normal size again so I can get on with the house work, carry Ella etc without getting out of breath/light headed etc x sorry for the moan x wish I could have enjoyed this pregnancy more x

Attachments

• E3B29013-8114-4DD0-BEB2-B6DAE49AB240.jpg
    E3B29013-8114-4DD0-BEB2-B6DAE49AB240.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 13
I was in your boat too Tex. But we only had blue cross as an option, and they dropped covering our county this year. So my only options were join hubby's plan, which would leave us with a monthly $800 premium, or do a health share, which is what I did. It's not bad -- $475 for the entire family (4+ members the price is the same) and $2250 annual out of pocket (per family, NOT member). Prior to this i had been playing $500/month with a $7250 deductible. It's Librrty Health Share if you want to look into it. The only problem is they don't cover mental health and they don't cover birth control expenses. They also do not cover pre-existing conditions, however the nice thing is instead of saying no insurance for you, they just simply won't pay for medical bills relating to pre-existing conditions, but will for new ones. What I like best about it is your monthly premium mostly goes to other members who need it, instead of just going towards the insurance company. I believe you have the option to write get well notes to those members as well.

Nyx what exactly was going on that made you feel you had to go to the ER? Glad everything is OK.

Oooh escape room! They have opened one up here. I definitely want to give it a try, I know several people who have done it and really liked it. I think me and hubs would crush it.

The only problem with no coverage for pre-existing stuff is basically everything my daughter goes to children’s medical center for would be considered pre-existing. And that will add up quickly. I had looked into health sharing but once i realized most if not all don’t cover pre existing stuff they were ruled out. I Can’t afford to pay for all her ongoing medical stuff for the next 10 or so years totally out of pocket with zero coverage. It just super sucks that it’s all so expensive

Oooh an Escape room.. what are these bad boys all about?? They sound fun though ;)

Sorry for the long cycle Tex.. hope it sorts itself out very soon hun..

I dont have private medical insurance in the uk so i cant really comment :-/

Hehe MrsG check u out :) Have u been given a date for your mirena being removed as yet?

Kit im still excited & in shock for you Lol! Sleepy snuggles lol do u remember any of it? Lol

Keeps hey you!! Not long indeed hun.. i can imagine with this heat being hugely pg is probs horrid, just try & take it easy, ive let the housework slip loads as i feel done in constantly, i clean one room a day lol seriously:haha: only 2 more wks until Blue or Pink heheeee i cant wait eeep!

Kitty OMG TWINS + heartbeats! Congratulations! That’s so crazy and exciting!

Forgot to say Shae- LOVE your new hair colour, I remember once J saying you reminded her of a Disney princess and it’s so true! You’re naturally very beautiful!

Healthcare insurance stuff confuses me to being in the U.K., it does seem unfair people have to pay for their illnesses, it’s out of our control what cards were dealt in terms of mental health, physical health etc - but I don’t know enough about how the insurance works to have a proper opinion, just that it sounds like bloody hard work!

CB- omg it’s killing me off! Lol I’m so ratty and need a ‘grey day’ full of rain so I can cosy up! I like Australia, (I went in their winter) it was hot and sunny through the day so could enjoy the garden/beaches etc, but by evening it would be dark by 6pm, and temp would drop right down, plus their houses are obviously built for the heat with air con etc. I love our summer and being able to use the garden, but just hate that it’s not dark till 9-10pm and still so hot, trying to wind kids down is hard work when it’s so bright! How are you feeling about the impending summer hols? I’m literally sh*tring it

I was having some major cramps that were keeping me up at night. When they subsided and finally got to dtd with hubby there was spotting. So I went for my sanities sake

Escape room was fun! We made it out with ten minutes to spare (medium difficulty). Back story was we robbed a bank and made off with a bunch of cash, but we got locked up. Guards left us unattended so we had a chance to escape the cell, but we had to break through a bunch of locks to find our cash before we could escape. Pretty cool though now I want to know what the hardest is like. Plus it’s gnomes lol

Escape room was fun! We made it out with ten minutes to spare (medium difficulty). Back story was we robbed a bank and made off with a bunch of cash, but we got locked up. Guards left us unattended so we had a chance to escape the cell, but we had to break through a bunch of locks to find our cash before we could escape. Pretty cool though now I want to know what the hardest is like. Plus it’s gnomes lol

Sounds like sooo much fun!!

Gnomes?

Kit huge congrats, that’s wild!

Nyx glad bub is okay.

Gigs what are get well notes?

More tomorrow. Had midnight deadline for a huge paper for my PhD and basically everything went wrong and Tilly refused to sleep till gone 12:30am. Prob could sense my stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->