General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Happy Birthday Dobby yay!!! Have a well deserved Birthday drinky my lovely:)

Haha the movement or what I thought was movement the other werk was gas lol & i just farted after :rofl:

Bdb.. hmmmm!! Potty pooping! Does he pee in the potty or in the toilet? Maybe try the toilet step up & toddler toilet seat insert so he feels like a big boy? My mum had told me that as a toddler, i pooped once on the potty & i freaked out & thought something had broken off my body lol! If he fine with holding the pee, hes most certainly ok for holding the poop, the pees more harder for them to recognuse & hold apparently.. he wouldnt be playing up with the poop for attention as theres a new baby coming maybe? He’ No longer be the baby.. a friend of mibe went through that xx

Yay for Mirena being removed aswell Dobs :) lovely that your thinking of a poss sibling in a few years for A :hugs:

Yours & A’s Birthday are right near each others aswell how lovely

Yeah it’s crazy. We have so many mid July birthdays on my dad’s side of the fam

Happy Birthday Dobby!!! What do you have planned?

Yes gender reveal ideas are welcome! I will get the scan probably a week before the party so my brother has tine to order what i need. Also give a little time for a second scan in case baby doesn't cooperate the first time.

Poop: sticker chart. It was the only thing that worked for us. We did a chart with rewards for going x amount of days without pooping in his pants. Started out small, like a few m&m's for each poop, then got big like 10 days in a row was a trip to the trampoline park. It was great reinforcement too to see the stickers. We had it on the wall in the bathroom so he saw it wvery time he peed, too. Instead of clean underpants for your little one you may want to say "each time you show us poop in the potty". My son was certainly proud of showing us his fine work :rofl:

Also if you do a chart dob't take stickers away for soiked pants because that may just reinforce him trying to hide dirty clothes.

Oh SIL update! My bro texted me and said she "lost the baby"...I gave him unsolicited advice based off what he told me (try opk's, etc) but between us I don't think she was pregnant. I think it was a case of the dodgy blue dye test. Would you say something in my shoes? I don't know if it's my place and I also don't know if that would make them feel better or worse...ok think i answered my own question, I'm just gonna let it be and hope next month is THE month!

Damn those blue dye tests.. fx next month for Bro & SIL <3

Your scans are near Gigs ahhhhhh! So excited hehe

So Disc Golf is kinda like Frisbee but with a goal, you could always do a Frisbee disc type cake with the goal piece ontop & have pink or blue for the sponge filling in the cake when you cut it...

Mmmmm Cake Lol

I&#8217;m going to be really goddamn selfish right now, I have read but my brains not on the ball and I have no idea what to say to anyone

Having a bit of a panic now. Worrying about the fact we have twins on the way and next to no money. How will we buy a second maybe third cot? A brand new double pram? What will Evie do with no pram?? She will only be 19 months old! We will need 2 more high chairs because eves will still be in one

I feel really bad but at the moment I&#8217;m resenting them :cry: I&#8217;m dreading it

Disc golf cake :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1038699&stc=1&d=1531843032

Attachments

• B5142DF0-A6F0-4951-B4E6-DEF12C6098E5.jpg
    B5142DF0-A6F0-4951-B4E6-DEF12C6098E5.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
Kit you have a ton of time to collect things and wrap your head around it. I promise you WILL manage! And why a new pram? You can save a bunch buying used. Also, they have double & triple strollers! If you want something smaller in case you just want to take Evie out, get an umbrella stroller! Super cheap, compact, do they job well and are perfect for a near 2yo. You can get a used crib(s) as well. Also Ev may well just need a booster seat at 19months, and CERTAINLY by the time the twins even need a high char. Remember in the start they won't need them, it'll still be some moth before that and I bet you just need an extra chair and Ev can just get a booster seat.

It is very overwhelming when you think of it all but remember this (expenses) won't hit you all at the same time. Plus if you budget you may be able to start buying things early to lessen the blow later. Personally I'm going to start stocking up on things as soon as all looks ok at 13 weeks (like start to pick up diapers & wipes, keep my eyes open for well priced toddler beds to move Lev into, etc).

Cb...that is tacky LOL!!! :rofl: i was thinking more like how can we explode a target with a disc hahaha

Actually hubby's bday is coming up, i might have to do that for his cake!

No big plans just lunch and dinner our. I wanted to take A to build a bear but people are being lame lol/have work. Have some errands too

Cb you made my morning with your fart comment :rofl:

I like the disc golf with the balloon in the cage thing and when it gets hit it pops and spews colored confetti and dust. Or the one where a smoke bomb is attached to a pull string and when someone makes it another person immediately pulls the string. Or i&#8217;ve Seen like darts popping balloons with paint with like 9 balloons and whichever color hits 5 first is the gender. You can maybe do less balloons and frisbees instead of darts? I just worry about how effectively they&#8217;d pop being hit by a frisbee

Sorry about the blue dye/possible cp. fxed next month is their month

Kit I had the same feeling when I saw a second sac. My doctor always said number two wasn&#8217;t viable, but I swear in one picture I saw something in the small sac. And I immediately flipped out. But like gigs said it won&#8217;t all hit at once. Amazon prime days! I just got a $120 storage unit for $40 for my classroom. But you budget, find deals and coupons. Buy things over time or ask friends. Do you have baby consignment stores near you? Gently used stuff at great prices. It&#8217;ll be ok hugs. It&#8217;s normaland ok to feel how you are feeling

Kit used stuff! Seriously. If/when we have another I'll be buying stuff from Facebook. Buying new is so overrated. I also wouldn't worry about buying much (except the necessities) until after the babies are born. I didn't have two of very much because I didn't want my house overrun with stuff and I'm so glad I didn't. You don't need two of very many things.

Happy birthday Dobs!!!

Gigs- I'm sure someone has done a disk golf gender reveal!! We did archery lol and our theme was "bows or arrows" haha get it? Like hair bows or archery? Cuter in person with the props. Lol

Gigs I'm excited forboth of us next Thursday!

Sorry about SIL situation. I think it's best to just be quiet about it not possibly being a misscariage/chemical. It will most likely hurt their feelings and possibly belittle or make them feel "stupid".

I like the idea of maybe hitting somehing with a disc golf to reveal pink or blue.

Greenie I sure tried but V was not letting up. Maybe tonight. Yay for mirena removal. I don't blame you telling your mom it's just a pap.

Shae enjoy your vacay. I've never been there so I have no opinion.

Ah I used to wear contacts all the time but I prefer glasses usually. V had a phase where she wanted to grab them all the time though.

CB oh how exciting. It's so relieving and heartwarming feeling those early movements.

Bdb sorry no advice on bowel training. I like gigs advice.

You are forgiven for now about bump pic :haha:

Dobby happy birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Oh and you never know about finding someone. I pretty much gave up on finding someone but figured wth when set up on double date with DH. I'm shocked I even went as the last person they introduced me too was a friend of theirs that was addicted to pills and very.... promiscuous to put it nicely.

Anyways it's nothing I'd rush into but I hope one day fate brings you and a Mr. Right together.

Kit it's okay to feel that way. You can save money when you return to work. Also as the others have said buy used. Who says you need 3 highchairs. E should be in a boosterseat at that time. I'm not sure I could feed 2 babies at the same time so take turns in E's "old" highchair.

:hugs: I'm sorry it's a bit overwhelming at the moment. I would feel the exact same if I find out I'm expecting twins. I highly doubt it though.

Way to go on finding those videos, Green! My only lame and stupid idea was getting everyone to play a round of disc golf where the winner gets the honour and glory of opening the envelope and revealing to everyone. So stupid I know.

Kit I think it’s so normal to wonder how you will manage, but I can promise you you will. Like Gigs said, you won’t actually need high chairs and other stuff till the twins are much older (tbh even at 19months Tilly prefers to sit on a proper chair) and you can get so many stuff second hand for cheap. You could also do a double stroller with a piggyback board for E for when she’s older or babywear one of the three kids. I have an ergo for Tilly now and it’s soooo comfortable and way more convenient than stroller. I’m sure you can also get advice online from mums who’ve been in the same boat as you. I personally wish we’d never bought a crib at all, since she’s never bloody used it.

Happy bday Dobs!

Gigs ha ha proper tack cake :haha: i saw that reveal that u say on Pintrest but didnt know if u had a disc golf goal thingy or if u were all going disc&#8217;ing & then i saw cake Lol

Dobs glad my fart comment made u chuckle hahaaa! I did house cleaning on my birthday lol so domesticated

Kit your not feeling awful or selfish at all hun, perfectly normal shock settling reaction in my opinion.. but you guys will be fine & definately buy used bits & just gradually buy it :hugs:

Not having a great day. I slept all day accidentally and because of that I didn&#8217;t reply fast enough to the interview offer for work study at the library at my college and when I did he said the spots had already filled up. Kinda wanna cry right now cuz I really needed the money. I&#8217;m sure I&#8217;ll figure something out but rn I&#8217;m just emotional and blech.

Dobs is it your birthday? I can&#8217;t remember. If it is, happy birthday.

Edit: I just now applied to work in a classroom again like I did last fall. We&#8217;ll see if anything comes of it. I&#8217;ve calmed myself down lol, I get emotional very easily haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->