General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Yeah I just know the piece he choked on did not come out so I assumed he swallowed it but now I have my doubts =\. But this was going on long before that moment. I just wish I could get in as soon as they open not 10am

Gigs I also want the pregnancy test that tells you the day of conception :rofl: oh well pregzilla will find out at the scan.

You know she might just drive your poor MIL to quit watching her kids. I wouldn't put up with that. SIL might as well put her kids in a bubble. Sheesh. Is she like this when not pregnant??

CB I'm the opposite. I tend to lose my sweet tooth. Ice cream doesn't tend to bother me, but I get aversions to chocolates when pregnant. I've never heardof that gelato sprinkles.

Okay that makes sense about being in jars.

Hope you can sleep even with the snoring.

Dobby yup that's rural America. I like it though :) oh and I'm not crafty either. My SIL is very good at decorating and making cool cookie cakes.

Oh not sure but V went through a phase where she liked to gasp. I think she just liked the sound. I hated it as I'd be like "omg, is she having trouble breathing!".

If he was unsuccessful and it went into his lung he should develop a cough and fever. I'd keep an eye on him and take him in if he develops those symptoms. You could always leave a message for your ped for peace of mind.

Greenie nausea is getting stronger. Having more aversions too. I'll take it as a good sign.

Jez I never do bump shots in first tri as it's just my fat and bloat :haha: I'll post one once I start getting a bump.

You are so right. It feels like common knowledge to us, but in the "real world" it's not common knowledge. Maybe I should become a fertility advisor and educate women.

Also, I've wondered when the time comes will I teach V some things. Maybe just pass down taking charge of your fertility book.

AFM nausea is picking up. I kinda feel good about that. I also could hardly eat my lunch yesterday. So things seem to be progressing.

Tomorrow is the big day :)

Dobby how is A now? Did he need to see a Dr hun??

Nuala went through a phase of sounding like she was choking, it was awful, she was doing it & then smirking as it was a new thing she had learnt to do with her throat, scared the crap out me the first couple times i heard it!

I’l def be passing on my knowledge of ttc & pg books to Nuala when shes older, i do remember when i was a teenager (pre period yrs) & thinking sex any day of the cycle will get u pg, never understood Ovulation or anything really..

Glad your nausea is kicking in - as awful as that sounds Flueks lol! I was 6+5 with Nuala:sick: sickness is reassuring of the pg but fx your wont be that bad..

Ooh il post a bump shot :)

Bumpy 19+2 .. kinda hidden by the dress.. & Nuala waving :haha:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1039295&stc=1&d=1532521335

Attachments

• 4D6ED49C-6084-4003-9A5A-5F650D527506.jpg
    4D6ED49C-6084-4003-9A5A-5F650D527506.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 20
That is such a lovely bump!

If im pregnant I will be a little peeved at myself for not getting on top of my weight loss. I’ve put on so much weight the last 2 years and it’s making me really uncomfortable. Because of it, if I am pregnant, I will just probably end up looking heavier rather than pregnant.

If I am pregnant I am going to try work at maintaining my weight until I am in to a healthier range.

Also.... if I am pregnant I will be due in April.... no being heavily pregnant in hot weather plus I won’t be stuck in a baking office in the summer as I will be on maternity leave.

Ah thanku Needs :)

Everything in moderation when pg if trying to keep ontop of your weight, if ye cant eat when ye pg - when can ye hey?! Odd nice treats are ok though :thumbup:

When are you testing or due period Needs?

My issue is I treat myself multiple times a day :haha: If I could cut the treats to once a day it will do me wonders. Plus if I reduce to one takeaway or meal out a week will also do me wonders.

I can test from 31st July. Due AF on 4th. While the calculator on the CB site said I can test from 30th July I feel like that is way to early. As it stands I’m thinking of delaying until 1st August.

Ahhh think i JUST felt baby pops!!! Like little super subtle taps! Hmmm...

Dobs Ibwas also going to say sounds like he may just be having fun with a new body function he can control. I remember when Lev discovered coughing. Oh yeah he had fun with that one...

SIL is crazy about her kid all the time. This is the woman who didn't wash the babies hair for days after he was born. He was only allowed a wipe down to "keep protective bacteria on him". So yes he had dried fluid and crusty blood in his hair for days. She also wouldn't put him on the floor at Lev's first bday. Instead she pulls out one of her blankets and spreads it out (over the area rug), then sat him on that. She is just terrified for him and has anxiety and paranoia issues so I am not entirely surprised, but I am not sure her husband knows how far she's taken things...

Fluek yeah I think MIL is on the brink of quitting. She doesn't want to not see her grandkid but i think this arrangement is destroying her relationship with SIL. The reason SIL is so comfortable talking to her the way she does is because she has known her for years, and even lived with her for a bit.

Anyway yay for feeling ill--now i hope it doesn't get bad! Did you feel to ill to eat or ate aversions kicking in?

Jez I agree, i feel like a fertility pro but it is frustrating talking to women who aren't as savvy on the subject...like my SIL who is mourning the pregnancy loss, but i'm pretty sure she wasn't pregnant. She also suspects she had a miscarriage a couple months ago because of a late, heavy period (no test to confirm) so now my bro is concerned she's had 2 miscarriages in 5 months :dohh: I suspect she just hasn't gotten pregnant yet. I just encouraged them to take opk's and left it alone otherwise.

Needa if you aren't pregnant this month you may find starting an exercise routine may help distract you from ttc stress as well as help you conceive. I found it helped ttc #2.

Cb how much weight have you gained? I'm almost 13 weeks and i think i'm up 7 lbs. really hoping I don't go above 25 total but i feel like that's not gonna happen...ds1 was about 60lbs and ds2 was about 35 :blush: so we'll see.

Cpp are you still doing the weight loss thing?

Ladies be jealous, Chesapeake blue crab on the menu for dinner tomorrow *drool* that is my favorite food. Just hoping I don't have an aversion to it when it's in front of me! I did last pregnancy...

Oh dear lord that was a lot of text. Sorry y'all.

Your SIL seems like a complete and utter nightmare. I’m tempted to search your posts to read all the back posts I would have missed.

I actually was getting really good at going to the gym but had a fall last month and injured myself so had to put exercise on hold temporarily. I’m totally ready to go back I just need to get over that hump of first time back.

I’ve been naughty and ordered some doughnuts and a crap ton of chocolate over the internet. I’m not even wanting junk food but I am never online when the doughnut sale goes online and I just happened to be today :dohh:

Sorry about the SIL gigs, that sounds... terrible :rofl: if anyone spoke to me like that they’d be bitched out, and I also want to instant pregnancy test, reminds me of the little twinkly music played when sims conceive (if anyone even know what that is :haha: )

Green if it’s anything like me when I come off hormones it will take a few weeks to feel normal again! Hope the cramps go away soon. Are you definitely ttcing now? (sorry if I’ve missed this)

CB I prefer can/jar hot dogs than packet hot dogs but proper sausages are lovely from the packets! You have such a gorgeous bump!!

Dobs I really hope A’s okay!! Keep us updated if you can :hugs:

As for me, terrible nausea (but no actual throwing up yet) no appetite at all, complete exhaustion and MAJOR bloating :rofl:

Dobs what’s the update with A? Now that the others have mentioned it, Tilly also definitely went through a phase of randomly gasping. I remember freaking out that she was choking but she’d act totes fine after and even did it when not eating. Hope it’s just that.

Gigs interesting how SIL is all about the natural bacteria but doesn’t think it’s goodnto expose them to other bacteria around the house. Apparently playing around in dirt and even being exposed to animals is supposed to be good for them in terms of bacterial exposure. I’d be SUPER annoyed but also feel bad for her. Anxiety is awful. I feel it too sometimes, but my mum is the worst. You’d think anything and everything is about to kill Tilly when she’s around, and it gets really frustrating because she’s constantly telling me what to do because she’s freaking out about something small every two minutes. As for your other SIL, I’d be so tempted to tell her in an encouraging tone that you’ve seen online that a lot of those blue tests have evaps, in which case she didn’t even have a loss “yay!”.

Needs have you been TTC for long? Will this be your first? Sorry, I can’t remember.

Flueks yay for nausea. While aversive, it’s definitely reassuring.

Kit I totally know about the twinkle music, though I can’t recall it because it was SO hard for me to get the SIMS to have babies! Also, none of my SIMS could hold down jobs because they’d be due at work but would be taking foreeevver to get ready. I honestly didn’t know how to make them hurry up. Sounds a bit like me, too.

Glad you haven’t been sick yet btw. If I remember correctly, you had a really rough time sickness-wise with E?

Oh CB, super cute bump! And Nuala’s little wave at camera killed me.

its Our second month trying. We aren’t able to be with each other every fertile period though so our attempts are spaced out. The last time we got some days in but not quite near enough to ovulation. Last week we were at it every possible day!

This will be my first. He has 2 from a previous marriage.

I currently have an impatient dog on my hands who really really wants a walk but it is still far too warm to take her out.

Dobs- how did As appointment do?

Flu- how was your appointment?!

Dobs- I'm not even sure what that is, but I hope you enjoy it! Lol

Yes we are ttc right away. I don't really care when I become pregnant. I'd prefer not to be super pregnant during the summer BUT it is what it is. Even if we waited for 6 months I'd still be miserable during the summer since I'm so much hotter when pregnant. So it doesn't matter much to me. Hopefully we don't live in California next summer anyway.

Cb your bump is so cute! With your daughter waving just makes it that much more adorable :)

Kitty omg I use to love that game! Not going to lie when I was off before I had em I would sit and play it to pass the time there's no longer music now you have to wait a few days or purchase a pregnancy test lol

Ok ladies I'm having a hard time not testing!! I broke even though its 6dpo put it away cause I laughed at myself for being too early.. I looked at it a while ago and go figure it has to mock me and there's a vvv faint evap line on it but if I invert the picture you can see it easier... Makes me want to test in the am haha

Ok here are a few cakes the wedding cake is the one I did for a friend, Canadians one was a mass family birthday they all cheer for them...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1532547001987.jpg
    FB_IMG_1532547001987.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20170414_202604.jpg
    20170414_202604.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20150228_171251.jpg
    IMG_20150228_171251.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20141129_203421.jpg
    IMG_20141129_203421.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 7
Cb, OMG, you were talking about hot dogs in glass jars... I grew up with those in Germany and I totally want some right now....

11 weeks along here.

Post more later, just had to post for jarred hot dogs. Bahahaha

Purple, I think it's a European thing.... Never seen them in Canada.

Dobs, what's going on with A?

Gigs, if I was mil, I'd stop doing the free baby sitting... At least for a while until things calm down. Like jez has said, there is proof that kids that are exposed to dirt and dander are healthier then kids tht grow up in a "clean" environment.
I wasn't even upset when L brought home his first cold from our play group.
I recently read an article that helicopter parenting negatively impacts children, even in the long run.

Anyway... Sorry if I forgot anyone...

Bloody hot here and no rain in sight, we go to bed with our windows and doors open to let in some cooler night time air
Then by morning close up so the house stays cooler in the late afternoon. Works for almost all the rooms,but I am currently hiding out in our bedroom. Haha

Sorry will catch up short post first

A is fine. We went in and doc examined him and said no visible or audible obstructions and that fluek is totally right that the symptoms wouldn’t come and go and he’d develop flu like symptoms like fever and coughing. She she thinks it’s just he experimenting with different noises he can make

Went to but his first pair of shoes and A had his first shopping while black experience. Which entails being needlessly followed, “random” bag inspections, and/or not being served. Today’s was the latter. So no first shoes for A

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->