General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Damn i just lost my post pssst!!!

Future I agree, us mums def need alone time, both mine were in daycare from 9m/1y up until school (Nuala still with childminder) they love it & i need my sanity :haha:

Dobs did they do a full allergy panel check or just the main common ones? My old boss had was an Anaphylactic (if thats the correct spelling) had to carry an Epi pen etc, anyway, for yrs she thought she was allergic to Tuna, turns out not but it was how the Tuna was prepped-Latex gloves!! Massively allergic to that & fruit peels if she ingests it, its crazy! Just half the things we think maybe obvious allergen are something else, i def hope A grows out of it, bless his heart, it’s stressful on you aswell :hugs:

Another night Nuala slept through woop!! However, her yelling ‘MUUUUM’ from the top of the stairs st the stairgate at 530am every morning is very annoying! Uhhh! I guess i should be grateful she’s sleeping through atm Lol

We tested for specific ones because of concerns I had.

We tested for pollen and animal dander at 6m because he was having so many respiratory illnesses and there is a family history of that, so I wanted to know ASAP if I needed to rehome the dogs.

We tested dairy because of my having to cut dairy out of my diet when I was pumping. And at 6wish he started being unable to drink his Neosure and we went through s couple formulas until we tried pro sensitive. He had stomach issues when eating yogurt or cheese. He’s ok with cheese now though. And he got a mild rash under his chin the day we started whole milk. But his formula was cow milk based so idk.

And egg I asked because they were already running blood work and he swelled up horribly those two times. I was pretty confident it was from the egg not dairy but why not get confirmation.

So the test I guess shows how likely they are to react but to diagnose the allergy you consider the class and observation of reactions. So dairy she rules out allergy but egg yes. She said to avoid it except in baked goods sparingly and only use the yolk and try again in a year

But he and I have been very phlegmy lately and idk why. After the first swelling freak out I just travel EVERYWHERE with baby Zyrtec and he used to get sick so much I travel with Tylenol and Advil and Motrin. I’m like a walking infant pharmacy lol

Man that’s crazy about the fish latex thing!

Poor lil dude! My niece & my sister used to react with cows milk, red skin rashes, Eczema looking stuff but they did grow out of it..

Sometimes they seem to catch every viral bug going, Riley had an Inhaler from 18months up until 3.5yrs as chest infections etc but grew out of it, big hugs A xxx

I know its crazy with that latex thing, makes u think how many factory prepared foods are used with latex gloves, although i think most now because of allergies they use them plastic type obes, i would be scared to eat anything :shock:

Dobs I’m glad you got answers about the allergic reactions. I feel like with allergies they usually either get them early and grow out of them or get them later on and grow into them not out. Most people I know with severe allergies got them much older, at least in kindergarten if not middle school or teens. I seem to have some kind of oral allergy syndrome where I’m allergic to birch pollen which is on the skin of a lot of fruits and some veggies, so like my face got red and itchy and puffy when I ate a fresh peach once. My first reaction like that was when I was in middle school, my face got red and itchy after eating a fresh nectarine, which I’d been eating all my life. Sugar snap peas make my mouth/throat numb. Occasionally apples will cause on of those 2 reactions. I don’t have reactions often, though I no longer eat fresh peaches or nectarines. I eat frozen peach slices without a problem. I think I posted about the fresh peach reaction around when it happened. It was last summer I think. I hadn’t tried one in ages, I always eat fresh berries when I eat fresh fruit so I’m not exposed to it often, so I didn’t realize I’d have a reaction. It was the most recent reaction, and definitely the worst.

Anyway. I fell asleep at 10:30 and woke up at 3:15 cuz I had to pee, so back to sleep I go.

I know a few people that thought they were allergic to certain fruits until they tried the organic version and the allergy didn't show up. Turns out it's the pesticide spray they were reacting to. And no, washing didn't get rid of it!

Anyway, time for me to get up

Damn y'all are chatty!

Future hey girl hey! Ahh welcome back to the ttc world!!! How's Poppy?! Are you hoping to give her a sister or brother?

Nyx congratulations on baby! Sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for...but there's room in my boat for one more :hugs: we'll get over it and be in love when they arrive!

Yes I've personally been a little weepy over no girl. I passed a sparkly pillow in walmart yesterday and about cried lol. Would it be creepy if I turned my art space into a girly girl sanctuary? HA need money first!

Dobs glad your instinct on an allergy was spot on AND they figured it out. My dad has had a mystery allergy for over a year now and they have tested everything under the son with no answer.

Also you coukd try duck or quail eggs, or try birds that are soy free. Sometimes it's the feed the birds get that people react to, just like then pesticides and fruit scenario pL mentioned.

More to say but I'll have to catch up later.

Just had appt, all is well, hb is in the 140's, he did not measure me but my bump feel huge, almost at my belly button!!! Gained 8lbs by my scale but only 5 by theirs and he's unconcerned. Still below pre pregnancy weight with Lev so that's good :thumbup: but I feel like a whale haha

Lol Gigs its the Third child thing, my bump was waaay up in my tummy that i noticed than what it had with prev pg's.. i do love the bump haha! although, had fish n chips for lunch today, not a big plate either & im MEGA uncomfy now ohhhhhhhhh

U may still have another in a few years Gigs.. Just think, your the queen of the house :hugs:

I know a few people that thought they were allergic to certain fruits until they tried the organic version and the allergy didn't show up. Turns out it's the pesticide spray they were reacting to. And no, washing didn't get rid of it!

Anyway, time for me to get up

I wonder if this is what my old Boss had allergys to & not the Fruit peels.. & she washed all her fruits, i bet they never thought about that!

Aww thanks cb, I know and wtf I was all about the boys at the start of ttc and this pregnancy so i don't know what happened!!!

Really hoping SIL is cooking a girl :haha: she reeeaaally doesn't want a girl though :roll:

Alright guys I know I’m crazy.. lol but I have a ton of wondfos here so I was like what the heck I’ll test, and oddly enough I feel like I see something. Anyone ever get indents with these?

Gigs I think I’d like a boy right now, although having girls close together would be nice. It’s hard to say lol. I know hubby would
Like a buy with the next babe for sure!

Cannot get a pic to upload it just keeps saying file is to large! Annoying

Okay now pretty sure I see nothing lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 31
Aww thanks cb, I know and wtf I was all about the boys at the start of ttc and this pregnancy so i don't know what happened!!!

Really hoping SIL is cooking a girl :haha: she reeeaaally doesn't want a girl though :roll:

I think if we hope for the same sex as what we have got, it lessens the blow abit :)

I am kinda hoping for a girl, one of each. Bit of boy, that's fine too. Haha

It's so silly, I've been team blue since Levin was born for #3, I don't know what changed in my mind!

Future not seeing it on my phone but it's the early days still!

PL willpower of steel you have! I can't believe you'll be waiting until birth again. I mean kudos but dayum!

Gigs is it maybe the potential of finality? You made a comment once about never having a girl. So maybe that’s it? It sounds like you both are open to a fourth, but then that’s it. I know I got really sad because I was about to give my car seats to a friend and I hesitated thinking omg I will never have a girl and i’m Not ok with that. Now that ex is gone, I am totally myself again.

Future I agree I may see a haze fxed!

Pl I agree I think in this day and age of instant gratification and technology it’s really cool that you are going team yellow twice. Do you find it “easier” or “harder” this time having done it one before?

Re allergies omg! That’s terrifying to have such serious reactions out of nowhere or to Foods you tolerated before. I’m glad they found out what it was/nobody was a fatal case. Gigs, hopefully they can get an answer for your dad. That’s so frustrating.

I’m really okay avoiding eggs for a year. I don’t really like eggs lol. They just aren’t my thing. I know they are so healthy but meh. And he can eat cake/cupcakes so i’m not stressed. But she does want him on poly-vi-sol with iron because they do consider 18 low (not dangerously low though). She said it’s common with babies who drank primarily breast milk and a couple months on the supplement should get his stores up.

Glad you have a game plan dobs. And yeah I'm not a big egg person either, ironically. I like duck eggs hard boiled and occasionally sunny side up but I'm not that that person who goes through a carton a week or something.

Just as well as my shit for brains ducks aren't laying right now -.-

And idk I think the girl thing is me being sad because as I said before I before I wanted a daughter, I wanted a sister...the "need" for a bond with a girl kid has been with me my entire life ao it's a bit hard to swallow that it probably won't happen. Yes I know baby 4 is a possibility but what if we get another boy? I think I might actually deal with gender disappointment at that time, especially if I tried to sway and it failed. Right now I don't have GD, I am thankful for this boy, just missing the girl I won't have.

Damn I get to typing and realize how much I really do miss that non existent daughter! Sorry y'all!

Maybe do some temp tracking if u guys ttc no4 & see roughly what day u ov most cycles, big hugs hun :hugs: Im pretty sure our pg hormones add to how we feel & react when we find out the Sex

Also.. i know the Dr who did your 12wk scan has alot of fetal experience but nothing is 100% & allsorts change down there over the coming wks, theres always a slight chance of bub being female

It was actually 13 weeks which makes me less hopeful LOL but I was just google searching incorrect 13 weeks ultrasounds :rofl:

The odds are not in my favor! Plus this baby definitely looks all boy already to me :haha:

Still I'm entertaining the idea of the extra ultrasound anyway. Maybe I'll invite my inlaws and we can make a day of it...or save the money. Only 8 weeks until the anatomy scan...ugh 8 weeks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->